11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

Name those Brazilian players because I always see this argument but people forget the likes of Cafu or even recently Danny Alves and there is plenty more but on the other end it always Adriano and Ronaldinho.

Romario, Adriano, Ronaldinho, Robinho, Deco, Edmundo (in late 90s).
Garrincha and Socrates in the 20th century.

Try to name 5 German players who did the same thing with their careers in such a short period.

Brasilian superstars are famous all over the internet and among majority of regular football fans as the biggest party animals, for decades. (Even though, it could be that it happens because they have more superstar players than any country in the world.)
But still, something along the lines like:
"But I can imagine how difficult it must be to leave poverty in their home country (generalizing a bit here as I know Kaka was from a middle class family), find immense wealth, women etc overseas, & sort of have that discipline to stay focussed, motivated & grounded especially with the wrong advisers/influences around."
Some nice articles from random sites:

http://www.footballbloggingawards.co.uk/blog/brazilian-footballers-football-blog/
https://lordsofthedrinks.com/2012/11/22/top-11-drinkers-in-football/
http://www.redcafe.net/threads/the-mystery-of-brazilian-footballers.407090/
http://thesefootballtimes.co/2015/07/23/adriano-what-if-tale/

Last edited:
F

Flavia

Romário played well until he retired. You named a few and forgot a lot of other players. Robinho was never that good, he just had hype. That happens a bit too much too. Players are hailed the next big thing when they are not. On the other hand you "forgot" Dani Alves, Cafu, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Lúcio, edmilson, belletti, kaka, juninho pernambucano, from the top of my head.

Kragod

Romário played well until he retired. You named a few and forgot a lot of other players. Robinho was never that good, he just had hype. That happens a bit too much too. Players are hailed the next big thing when they are not. On the other hand you "forgot" Dani Alves, Cafu, Rivaldo, Ronaldo, Roberto Carlos, Lúcio, edmilson, belletti, kaka, juninho pernambucano, from the top of my head.

You forgot Roque Junior, Aldair, Junior Baiano....

JamDav1982

Bebeto, Mauro Silva, Ze Roberto all played until almost 40 as well.

Could just as easily name a list of brazilians who have player a high level post early 30s more than bag other country.

Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato etc all stars players that declined early compared to Messi, Ibra, Cristiano who went strong for over a decade

Sekou

Ronaldo, Kaka, Adriano, Robinho, Ronaldinho, Pato etc all stars players that declined early compared to Messi, Ibra, Cristiano who went strong for over a decade

Ronaldo doesn't count in that list, at least not for the reasons that are being discussed here.

F

Flavia

Bebeto, Mauro Silva, Ze Roberto all played until almost 40 as well.

Could just as easily name a list of brazilians who have player a high level post early 30s more than bag other country.

Ze Roberto is still playing, at Palmeiras.

NotInHere

He is pissing his potential away.
Chill man, he's pissing his potential away because of a few bad games?:lol:

I just realized Brazil tied against Iraq, holy hell if they don't win the gold medal, Neymar was brought in just for the sole purpose of getting a gold medal.. the criticism will be through the roof if they don't accomplish it.

Devils

What is actually wrong with him though? Saying he played a few bad games is putting it lightly, he's been pretty much consistently poor since January/February.

To me, it makes no sense. You can't be as a good as he was at the start of last season and then just drop without having something significant change whether it be physical or mental.

Over the course of 10 months he's been in the best players in the world class to straight up atrocious.

It isn't normal.

NotInHere

What is actually wrong with him though? Saying he played a few bad games is putting it lightly, he's been pretty much consistently poor since January/February.

To me, it makes no sense. You can't be as a good as he was at the start of last season and then just drop without having something significant change whether it be physical or mental.

Over the course of 10 months he's been in the best players in the world class to straight up atrocious.

It isn't normal.
His first half of the season was exceptional, he really looked like he was on his way to contend for the ballon d'or and possibly win it, fast foward months later and he will most likely not even included as a the top 3 finalist.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans