11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

I'm going to get abused for this, but his goal was hardly vital. We were 2:0 up and it was seconds from the final whistle. It was however a beautiful goal and it took great composure to score it, especially after a less-than-perfect 93 minutes. Who knows, the goal might prove to be vital in the next leg, but for now, it's not.

Agreed, it was well taken, but to be honest, it was like Torres' goal 1v1 vs Barça, where Pep pushed the team up in extra time, just as he did today, risking exposing the defense to a counterattack in order to snatch a vital away goal.

Kohe321

It wasn't about time wasting, it was about denying Bayern the field position that they had before game was stopped for Alves. A throw-in 10 yards from their goal line is an FU to the fair play of the other team. Play like a douche, then don't be surprised to have it come back on you. Should go join a Mourinho team where he can douche it up ad nauseum.

Mate, he did it to sub off Masch. Yes, he didn't need to kick it down that deep, but so what? Personally, after the foul Muller did on Alba to allow Robben through on goal the last time we met, a situation that was just made fun of after the game by Muller and Robben by the way, I really think Bayern should be able to take a deep throw-in on the chin without complaining, let alone us Barca fans... A bit childish of Neymar, but not a big deal in my opinion.

Let's just enjoy the victory and be happy! :cheers:

Last edited:
We just won against bayern with 3 clear brilliant goals and have firmly cast ourselves as favorites to win the treble and you're angry about a couple seconds where neymar was a tad bit childish?

BerkeleyBernie

Mate, he did it to sub off Masch. Yes, he didn't need to kick it down that deep, but so what? Personally, after the foul Muller did on Alba to allow Robben through on goal the last time we met, a situation that was just made fun of after the game by Muller and Robben, I really think Bayern should be able to take a deep throw-in on the chin without complaining, let alone us Barca fans...

:cheers:

The difference is that Mulller's was illegal play and nothing prevented the ref from calling it. Players push the rules where they can in the course of play (i.e. hugging players on free kicks and corners) and let the ref set the line. I personally don't like either, but taking advantage of fair play for a downed player is a different level- one is gamesmanship, the other is poor sportsmanship. It's a pattern with Neymar, not an isolated incident.

BerkeleyBernie

We just won against bayern with 3 clear brilliant goals and have firmly cast ourselves as favorites to win the treble and you're angry about a couple seconds where neymar was a tad bit childish?

Messi was brilliant, and a great result. Teams evenly matched otherwise. Last goal was well taken, but clearly a gift from a Bayern that purposely left themselves exposed to grab a vital away goal in the dying minutes. Never would have happened with a 1-0 scoreline, so thank you Messi.

Pissed me off because I want to see Barça win on merit, not because a douchey player took advantage of the other team's fair play.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Footyfan already told you in the other thread. Your opinion on the game is wrong. It was not an even match.

And do you ever played a competitive game of football? No pick up game with friends. I mean a real game. Competition. On any level. I cannot believe what I am reading here.

F

Flavia

Oh no, the assholes who fucked us over two years ago and laughed about it are upset that we gave them a throw in in a place they didn't like! The horror!

This. The pursuit of a perfect schoolboy attitude is over the top sometimes.

Kohe321

The difference is that Mulller's was illegal play and nothing prevented the ref from calling it. Players push the rules where they can in the course of play (i.e. hugging players on free kicks and corners) and let the ref set the line. I personally don't like either, but taking advantage of fair play for a downed player is a different level- one is gamesmanship, the other is poor sportsmanship. It's a pattern with Neymar, not an isolated incident.

Allright, I can agree it was childish, but it's not that big of a deal. After all, the game as a whole was not colored by a lack of fair play on our part (or Bayerns for that matter), and apart from this little incident Neymar was behaving like a professional.

His last goal was pretty good in my opinion. He did a quick shot-fake that made Neuer sit and freeze for a split second, and then finished clinically right after. Little detail that might have made the difference, and getting that third goal is truly huge for us. Why can't we just be happy for this and celebrate instead of focusing so much on the negative?

Anyway, I'm off to bed, it's really late here. I'll be dreaming of Barca, blaugrana colors and goals no doubt. :lol:

Zangash

Banned
Pissed me off because I want to see Barça win on merit, not because a douchey player took advantage of the other team's fair play.

Our win had literally nothing to do with this incident you are speaking of. Neuer's defense losing the ball in his half so Messi could score, Messi turning Boateng inside out and chipping it in the goal, and Neymar scoring off of the counter attack are all incidents that were unrelated to Neymar kicking the ball the way he did.

Barcalove

Banned
Since when 2-0 is a confortable lead?? How many teams have turned that, barca even turned an 3-0 to milan, why bayern couldnt??
God..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans