11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I also think it was between the legs, but can't be sure till we can see it from the right angle.

About the gifs, they'll all be there in Gui7erme's video soon enough I hope :)

Him and Messi had some sick dribbles last night, surrounded by 2-3 players and they come out the other side with the ball.. amazing.

Empty

I remember one dribble by Neymar, he must have taken on at least 3 guys (maybe more?). Ultimately our attack broke down but there was a lot of intricate quick passing between our attacking players. It was a really sweet move, and is a closer resemblance to Messi's insane close ball control (which, mind, is the best in the world; maybe ever).

karthik

super game. He is just terrific on counters.

Imagine him playing for a team like Chelsea or RMCF. He would be the alpha dog ripping apart teams in counters

Ekul

True. I just don't like such players. Just get out there and play (but not like a 5 year old).

I don't think a 5 year old could've humiliated the best player in the world like Neymar did.

And if you think what Neymar did was wrong then you're living in another world. Players standing in front of the ball for a free kick, kicking the ball out of player further from danger etc. are all things that are part of professional football and taught from a young age. If Neymar had done anything different Lucho wouldn't have been pleased.

Based on your comments I think you're the one that needs to grow up and not Neymar.

BBZ8800

No Barça turned 3-1 by winning 4-0 in Camp Nou, and it was the first time ever.

Now the 0% probability score to overcome is 3-0, which no team ever has came back from.

In 2003/04 Season, Quarterfinals of Champions league, Milan won at home 4:1 first leg against Deportivo.
They thought that the tie is surely over, they were too casual in the return leg, and it was too late when they started to play concentrated again.

They lost 4:0 and Deportivo reached semis.

We shouldn't get too relaxed yet...

ppxrare

very underrated first touch for that third goal. The pass from Messi was great but the way he handled the ball with his left foot and pushed it upward so he can be able to sprint and be one on one was amazing. Thats the same first touch for his first goal against PSG in the last match when Iniesta dribbled like 4 players. Thats the same great first touch vs Atletico away in the cup when Suarez passed it to him in the 1-3 victory

6 Ballons for Messi

but what if he wins 7??
very underrated first touch for that third goal. The pass from Messi was great but the way he handled the ball with his left foot and pushed it upward so he can be able to sprint and be one on one was amazing. Thats the same first touch for his first goal against PSG in the last match when Iniesta dribbled like 4 players. Thats the same great first touch vs Atletico away in the cup when Suarez passed it to him in the 1-3 victory

Yes, he receives balls quite excellently.
Now that I think about it, so does suarez, with that weird style of his.
Messi as well since it's messi.
We are build to counter attack!:suarez:

BBZ8800

We are build to counter attack!:suarez:

We always had some level of counterattacks in our play, even in 90's or early 2000's.
And we always had extremely skillful and fast forwards and wingers who could exploit the opponents on faster counters whenever possible.

For some reason, Pep killed that area of our play (even though it worked for a short period), and then, unfortunately, Tito and Tata tried to copy that style.

Lucho is back to good old Barca which can score and be unpredictable in 800 of different ways.
That is an awesome news.

BerkeleyBernie

Yes, he receives balls quite excellently.

Umm, sometimes- to keep it real, it's a mixed bag. :) Earlier in the game (@60:35), he totally duffed another 1v1 opp from yet another great Messi pass, a heavy first touch that Neuer collected. Of course, the latter pass was perfect on the carpet, could pretty much do anything he wanted.

BerkeleyBernie

Our win had literally nothing to do with this incident you are speaking of. Neuer's defense losing the ball in his half so Messi could score, Messi turning Boateng inside out and chipping it in the goal, and Neymar scoring off of the counter attack are all incidents that were unrelated to Neymar kicking the ball the way he did.

Of course it had nothing to do with Messi's goals. This was a (successful) attempt to deny them advancing the ball in the final minutes of the game. *Had* Bayern been able to make the score 2-1, they wouldn't have risked being exposed for the counter for Neymar's goal, and would have gone back to Munich in a much better position. Beyond that, I was speaking generally, not just this player in this particular game.

Stric

Since when 2-0 is a confortable lead?? How many teams have turned that, barca even turned an 3-0 to milan, why bayern couldnt??
God..

Not a fair comparison. This Bayern team is light years ahead of that Milan team. And Bayern is playing the second leg at home.

But still, even if we had won 2:0, there's no way Bayern would win the second leg 3:0 or 4:1. Not in a million years.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I don't agree that this Bayern team is "light years ahead of that Milan team". You are way off mate. They were, I believe, reigning champions of Europe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans