11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

CatalinR10

LOL I'm on the floor here.

Where on Earth did you dig that up hahaha. I totaly forgot about that guy.

2q1tpns.gif

Ali Daei is the goat of Asia

CatalinR10

People are actually watching the Olympics?

I haven't watched anything related to the Olimpics but I would like to watch some highlights somewhere based on each day. Can't seem to find on youtube , there are just vids with pictures in them showing which athletes won gold and stuff like that.

JerseyAddict

Well, it has been a while he played. I remember more players like Cannigia, Batistuta, Klinsmann etc. Or to go in Asia, Miura :)

Kerrybai

No comments about Neymar after Brazil's game against Denmark?

No one?

Shocking.

I doubt many people even knew he was playing , Olympic football is pretty irrelevant for the most part.

I however did catch the highlights last night and his passing lead to at least 2 of the goals from what I remember. Great to see him bring his playmaking skills to the table when Brazil needed him most.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I doubt many people even knew he was playing , Olympic football is pretty irrelevant for the most part.

I however did catch the highlights last night and his passing lead to at least 2 of the goals from what I remember. Great to see him bring his playmaking skills to the table when Brazil needed him most.

People were all over him after the first two games. Check out the last few pages. But they won't comment whenever he has a decent game :lol:

Altomonte

I watched the whole match and must say that I was impressed and proud to be a Barça fan: Neymar was without doubt man of the match despite not scoring a goal. He was masterful in organizing the midfield and the offense - the Barça way - with unselfish incisive passing and constant movement. He enabled his team members, encouraged them and was happy when they scored goals. He showed a lot of maturity and leadership. He showed flashes of his individual brilliance, but enhanced with what he has learned by watching Messi and Don Andrés. If he plays like that, Brazil has a real chance to win Gold.
Wallace and Marquinhos are very solid defenders behind him, no goals conceded yet.
Go Neymar!

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Only watched about 20 minutes of the first half before I switched back to swimming, I thought Neymar was a bit isolated sitting in the center as opposed to being on the LW, he did produce a sublime pass to GJ which he missed. Reading the comments after the game I got the impression that he did really well in the 2nd half, setting up a goal or two. The general consensus seems to be he was playing like Messi did with Argentina, shouldering a lot of responsibilities in terms of dropping back and organizing the attacks.

BBZ8800

People were all over him after the first two games. Check out the last few pages. But they won't comment whenever he has a decent game :lol:

Fair enough, Neymar has his haters !

Tbf, Neymar at Olympics is a lose-lose situation for him.

Only if he'll win a gold and play like a Goat, he will get some praise.
If his team won't win the gold, as a host, in their climate and helped by a draw and referees, well then he'll just get tons of critique.

In that sense, Neymar, a 2nd best player in the world, a future Barca's leader (as people hail him), a captain of his NT Olympics team in his country...
When he play against a 3rd tier opponents like youngsters from Iraq, South Africa and Denmark and manage to lead his team to only 1 win, well, of course that you'll read mostly crap here.

Again, imo, it is a lose-lose situation for him.
If he plays like a crap against 3rd division level opponents (Iraq's kids)=we will whine
If he wins a match against kids from Denmark who are both crappy kids and play in an unfamiliar climate in Brasil=it's nothing special again

I mean, if Cr7 wins an Euro and gets zero praise from our fans, then you can somehow understand why Neyhaters will give little praise to Ney for winning against Danish U23 team on home ground.

He'll get praise only if he wins a gold and if he'll play in a Goat mode.
Everything else will be a failure for guys who don't like Ney.

But that is understandable to some extent when you are hyped to be the 2nd best player in the world, if you are hailed as the next Ballon D Or winner.
In those circumstances, everything but a gold and a goat-mode displays against U23 kids will be classed as a failure.
That's how it works when the hype and expectations are high.

Last edited:

CatalinR10

I mean, if Cr7 wins an Euro and gets zero praise from our fans, then you can somehow understand why Neyhaters will give little praise to Ney for winning against Danish U23 team on home ground.

This is a forum which suports Barca , it's normal that Cr gets hated here but it's not when Neymar is too by same fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans