11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

BerkeleyBernie

Seeing your coments on Suarez topic shows me how much bias you have against Neymar. Suarez the best player after messi?

I looked for player ratings on 5 websites and in not one of them Suarez was rated higher then Neymar.

Well, I don't give a crap about ratings, but if you must:

squawka-top-3.png

Suarez was causing Bayern the most problems up until Messi's first beauty. Neymar had several blown finishing chances as well (off the top of my head- ball over the top from Messi on his foot, Rakitic layoff in the box, knock-in at the far post). Save for the goal in the dying minutes after Bayern had pushed up, Neymar was decent enough, but nothing to show for it. Suarez was far more dangerous, 5 shots in the first half, over half the total for the team (9). The team managed just 2 more shots in the 2nd half before Messi's goal. So yeah, a better overall performance, despite lack of goals. Not to say the rest of the team sucked, far from it, just that Suarez was the most likely to do damage until Messi scored.

Hamzah

High Definition Member
Criticise him all you like. People that don't like him,obviously have something personal against him. Fact is he is a clutch player and scores when it counts and plays with passion in the big games. There is nobody I'd rather have on our left wing.

BBZ8800

Criticise him all you like. People that don't like him,obviously have something personal against him. Fact is he is a clutch player and scores when it counts and plays with passion in the big games. There is nobody I'd rather have on our left wing.

I gave him hugs and kisses yesterday.
Just don't compare him with Etoo, please (or any players from different eras) :lol:

Kerrybai

He's a clutch player under pressure. Against the likes of Cordoba his level drops and he would likely miss that chance, but when the pressure is on he raises his game.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member

So everyone who likes him has something personal for him.Stop that silly stuff. I didn't see anyone "attack" him after last night so mind as well give it a rest.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Oh. I though we meant covering the 3 goals deficit.
2013 Milan side was much weaker indeed but what Depor did in 2004 to overturn 3 goals vs. reigning champions was a nothing short of miracle.

LordLichtenstein

Neymar has directly involved in 50 goals for club and country this season. 42 goals & 8 assists.

F.C. Barcelona - 34 goals & 6 assists.
Brazil - 8 goals & 2 assists.

And he just recently turned 23.

Last edited:

Zangash

Banned
So everyone who likes him has something personal for him.Stop that silly stuff. I didn't see anyone "attack" him after last night so mind as well give it a rest.

Did you see Berkeley's posts?

Unless you don't consider calling him "Neydouche" to be attacking him...

Zangash

Banned
Of course it had nothing to do with Messi's goals. This was a (successful) attempt to deny them advancing the ball in the final minutes of the game. *Had* Bayern been able to make the score 2-1, they wouldn't have risked being exposed for the counter for Neymar's goal, and would have gone back to Munich in a much better position. Beyond that, I was speaking generally, not just this player in this particular game.

Bayern did not test ter Stegen a single time in that entire game. Neymar kicking the ball out didn't ruin any chances they had of changing that fact.

And if you're speaking generally, why are you in such a pissy mood over this specific instance of nothing?

F

Flavia

Not a fair comparison. This Bayern team is light years ahead of that Milan team. And Bayern is playing the second leg at home.

But still, even if we had won 2:0, there's no way Bayern would win the second leg 3:0 or 4:1. Not in a million years.
They would be more motivated for trying a come back. 3-0 is much better, no doubt about it. A 2-0 is easier to at least be equalled, and the game taken into extra time.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans