11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

KoolsMagic

I wanted to know the opinion of most users in here...
Besides his weakness in passing and assisting (in Brazil NT here is great, maybe he will make it work in Barça), is there any player who you still consider better than him besides Messi and CR?
Even if i try hard i can´t see a player as dangerous as him besides these two.

StarLord

Just realised he has as much goals as CR this season in UCL. It will change after today tho

CR scored his goals with a few penaldos, vs Ludogorets, Basel, Schalke etc. Neymar scores 8/9ths of his goals vs PSG and Bayern Munich. CR loses.

StarLord

Lol.

We played shades of Tiki-Taka in the last couple of Seasons and everyone knew how to neutralize Tiki-Taka after years or trial and error.
Tiki-Taka was unstoppable in the beginning, later it turned into a crap.

Rijkaard's Barca played the same as Lucho's Barca.
It was unstoppable in the beginning, 3-4 years later we were neutralized much easier (ok, some other factors also helped, but still...)

While we really have a much better attacking trio today than in the past years, there are a lot of other factors, which you call as secondary, like:
1. a new coach
2. a different, direct tactics
3. some new midfield players, like Rakitic
4. more depth in the midfield, defense and on GK's position
5. less injuries
6. better physical shape of a team due to some of the reasons mentioned above
7. players with more height and muscles than in the last few years due to Mathieu, Rakitic, Suarez, for example

If we played Tiki-Taka like from the last 2-3 years, then all Messi's-Suarez's and Neymar's of this world wouldn't help us.
Especially Messi on a false 9 in Tiki Taka in the current era.

But if you want, you can put the whole emphasis of success only on MSN trio, no problem.

LOL right back.

The new coach could have done very little (or nothing at all) if we were still playing up-front with the likes of Pedro, Alexis or Ibra. Suarez and Neyboi are simply streets ahead. Directness would never be as effective without SN. Rakitic? Do you think that Rakitic made anywhere near the impact that Neymar and Suarez have this season? No matter the depth in midfield, nothing can beat Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets or Xavi-Iniesta-Yaya in midfield. Our current midfield is but a shell of its former self. We had some injury problems in 12/13 (Messi mostly) and last season as well, but Neymar and Messi both played against Atletico that was ultimately the team that eliminated us. Only your friend Neymar made his presence felt against Atletico last season. More height definitely helped as did our set-piece defending as well. All of the factors you mention, would count for nothing if it was not for the brilliance of MSN though. Messi made fools out of City over both legs, Suarez scored the two crucial away goals. Neymar opened the scoring against PSG away with a cool and composed finish (chances like those that Alexis/Pedro/Ibra/Villa wasted numerous times in previous years) Suarez killed them off. In the return leg, Neymar butchered any lingering hope they had left. In the semi against Bayern, Messi brought-on his GOAT-mode and put the final on our lap. Then Neymar (along with considerable help from Messi and Suarez) twisted the knife even further.

We can all play little games with what went on this season, but it is clear as daylight, that our front-three is the determining and decisive factor.

BBZ8800

We can all play little games with what went on this season, but it is clear as daylight, that our front-three is the determining and decisive factor.

It is.
But you are simplifying football and 100s of other factors which influence the team, a single match and a whole Season to absurdity.

I am off of this thread, sorry.

StarLord

It is.
But you are simplifying football and 100s of other factors which influence the team, a single match and a whole Season to absurdity.

I am off of this thread, sorry.

No, I am simply pin-pointing the primary factor here. This is how reason works, you differentiate the fundamental from the secondary.

Jadentheman

LOL right back.

The new coach could have done very little (or nothing at all) if we were still playing up-front with the likes of Pedro, Alexis or Ibra. Suarez and Neyboi are simply streets ahead. Directness would never be as effective without SN. Rakitic? Do you think that Rakitic made anywhere near the impact that Neymar and Suarez have this season? No matter the depth in midfield, nothing can beat Xavi-Iniesta-Busquets or Xavi-Iniesta-Yaya in midfield. Our current midfield is but a shell of its former self. We had some injury problems in 12/13 (Messi mostly) and last season as well, but Neymar and Messi both played against Atletico that was ultimately the team that eliminated us. Only your friend Neymar made his presence felt against Atletico last season. More height definitely helped as did our set-piece defending as well. All of the factors you mention, would count for nothing if it was not for the brilliance of MSN though. Messi made fools out of City over both legs, Suarez scored the two crucial away goals. Neymar opened the scoring against PSG away with a cool and composed finish (chances like those that Alexis/Pedro/Ibra/Villa wasted numerous times in previous years) Suarez killed them off. In the return leg, Neymar butchered any lingering hope they had left. In the semi against Bayern, Messi brought-on his GOAT-mode and put the final on our lap. Then Neymar (along with considerable help from Messi and Suarez) twisted the knife even further.

Agreed, our front basically is bringing home the treble. I noticed it since the Atletico CDr win. They simply are Barcelona basically. The magic trio

mark1nhu

What's really scary is that he rarely has an "amazing" game. Yes, he scores goals for fun, but you don't see him tearing it up like Messi. I'm only saying this because I think he's fully capable of tearing it up and dribbling through 3 defenders and scoring a goal ala Messi. I want to see a game where all of his dribbles confuse defenders and he can be as huge of a threat as Messi.

It would be insane if he can manage to do this in the final.

I've been saying this for a while.

He already is a immense player, but he has room for improvement. Just imagine the kid unlocking his full potential.

Man...

mark1nhu

DiYb2X7.png

Red = Losses
Yellow = Draws
Green = Wins

NeyNey is on fire!!!

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
Future Ballon d'Or without a doubt if he keeps it up, apart from Messi (and shamefully CR) there's no one that can overshadow him as a young talent, not even Hazard.

Come on Neyboy, shine in the CL Final along with Messi, he gets this one, you get the next :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans