11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
I wonder how many goals Neymar would have if we add the penaldos Cristiano has scored this season.

Cry7 scored 12 pk (and missed 2 iirc, so that's 14 total)

Neymar would have 49 goals if Barça had as many penalty as RM and he was the one taking them :)

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
The Neymar vs Lichtsteiner battle should be an interesting one...The Suisse defender is typically a terrific defender & leader but the last time these two faced off in a friendly Stephan embarrassed himself with some dirty fouls against Neymar...Unlikely either have forgotten that encounter...That being said, I see this as a big advantage for Barcelona

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
If Lichsteiner plays like he did against Madrid - a'la the dribble diagonally across the field, I see Rakitić dispossessing him, passing it to Messi who then makes a magesterial pass to Neymar who is 1 vs 1 with Buffon.

StarLord

I wonder how many goals Neymar would have if we add the penaldos Cristiano has scored this season.

Yeah. I am also guessing that he would score far more free-kicks than CR7 (or Messi) was he the primary taker...

I remembered this video from 2 years ago when we had Pedro , out of form Alexis , after injury Villa and every position Cesc .

Having Neymar and Suarez in the offensive line makes the team 200% more dangerous.

You would be savaged in here if you pointed that out at the time. So many great passes from Messi/Iniesta were waisted by Pedro/Alexis.

LordLichtenstein

Here we go.

Ronaldo have played 4313 minutes this season, which translates to 47 x 90 & 83 minutes.

Neymar have played 3744 minutes this season, which translates to 41 x 90 & 54 minutes. (6 x 90 & 29 minutes less than Ronaldo).

Neymar, with his 37 goals in 3744 minutes, currently have an average of 0.89 goals per 90 minute. NOW, if he was to have played the same amout of minutes as Ronaldo, then he would have snatched up 43 goals, by this point in the season. BUT, it doesn't end here! If we were to apply Ronaldo's penalty goals too, then Neymar would be at 54 goals at this point in the season (Ronaldo scored 12 penalties, but because Neymar already scored one earlier in the season, I have decided only to add 11 of Ronaldo's penalties).

So there you have it, Neymar could very well have had 54 goals at this point, with 4 games to go.

*Note

He could even have scored more, seeing as he probably would have scored a few freekicks, had he been the one to take them. (like Ronaldo)

We can actually take this a step further, because the total of minutes Neymar could have played this season (excluding 2 x Huesca & 1 x Elche in Copa del Rey), would have been 4770 minutes. Had he played 4770 minutes and kept his 0.89 average, then he could have had 47 goals now and 58 with Ronaldo's penalties.

With enough minutes, penalties & freekicks he could very well have had a 60+ goal season and he JUST turned 23. ! :p

btw, I am aware there is A LOT of maybies in my post :p Cheers

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
LL, it's below taste to wank on Ney's goals like that knowing he makes least assists of the trident. Not a single assist to Suárez and still behind Pedro in overall assists. If anything he scored more than he probably deserved this season.

Just accept he's doing good but he's a far cry from Ronaldo still and miles away from Messi who is not only best scorer and assist-man but also involved in almost every goal.

CatalinR10

LL, it's below taste to wank on Ney's goals like that knowing he makes least assists of the trident.

How is that below taste , he's just saying that Neymar could have had a larger ammount of goals if he took the penaldos and freekicks , like penaldo himself.

At this rate he could make 0 assists a season , I wouldn't wouldn't give a shit since he manages to score the ammount of goals he does against every top team.

He is not just good , he is one of the best. Sure he is miles away from Messi , like every other player , but for what he has done for Barca this season, he deserves waaaay more respect from you and other members on this forum.

Vlom

He's becoming (if not already) more lethal than CR7 on the LW, only reason CR looks better/scores more is because of his tendency to play more in the center than the left (leaving to Marcelo, thus leaving RM's left flank deffensively weak) and scoring a few headers.

EDIT : Oh boy, the Bojan anti-neymar-praise hammer was quick :lol:

Will we ever be able to enjoy our fantastic player and the amazing season he's having ? :(

LordLichtenstein

LL, it's below taste to wank on Ney's goals like that knowing he makes least assists of the trident. Not a single assist to Suárez and still behind Pedro in overall assists. If anything he scored more than he probably deserved this season.

Just accept he's doing good but he's a far cry from Ronaldo still and miles away from Messi who is not only best scorer and assist-man but also involved in almost every goal.
Why so much hate mate? :002:

StarLord

Just because he assists less than Suarez and Messi we should not praise him very much? Or we should praise him less than the other two? Or we should not praise him at all? I don't get it.

Pedro has assisted more? Yes, against already destroyed teams most of the time etc... The sheer number of crucial goals that Neymar has scored this season are on their own more than enough to deserve all the praise he gets in here and much more. I simply cannot remember another case of a Barcelona player scoring more crucial goals than Neymar has in this season. Maybe only Messi.

How can you even mention that Neymar is miles behind Messi? Is that supposed to be some kind of criticism? Every single player in history is miles behind Messi and forever will be, we can never use this against Neymar or Suarez or whomever.

As for CR7, I think that Neyman has been been better than him this season. Far more crucial goals than Ronaldo, and just one penaldo scored. Ronaldo scored something like 13 penaldos and 5 against Granada is a single game etc etc etc...It's not just how much you score or assist, it's against who and when. And on that count, Neymar pisses all over CR this season.

Vlom

As for CR7, I think that Neyman has been been better than him this season. Far more crucial goals than Ronaldo, and just one penaldo scored. Ronaldo scored something like 13 penaldos and 5 against Granada is a single game etc etc etc...It's not just how much you score or assist, it's against who and when. And on that count, Neymar pisses all over CR this season.

I'll second that, I posted the same thing in a previous post here.

That "far cry from CR7" is a bit below taste Bojan (with all due respect), he's blowing CR7 out of the water this season with how crucial he is, CR7 couldn't save RM against ATM, Neyboy did, same with psg, bayern, while CR7 was tapping it in against Schalke and Granada..

This thread is definitely condemned to be insane, having to defend a player that's scoring almost 40 goals for us without fk/pk, and a big part of them in big games.. and being called tasteless just for saying this player, OUR player, is good.. man, the hate is infinite here I don't know what the kid did to you but it has NOTHING to do with football anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans