11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sumlit

San Claudio Bravo
All three players of the trident have been better than Cristiano in 2015. Both stats and the eye support this

mark1nhu

He and Messi will clash, they said.
He is arrogant, they said.
He can't score, they said.
He can't score against tough opponents, they said.
He doesn't know how to release the ball, they said.
He doesn't score from open play, they said.
He doesn't score from open play in La Liga matches, they say.
He doesn't score from open play in La Liga matches against black keepers, they didn't say, but they wanted to say.
He is spoiled, they said.
He is son of a criminal, they said.
He is a statpadd, they said.

He doesn't assist, they saying...

Well, time to silence them again, right Neyboy?

mark1nhu

I'll second that, I posted the same thing in a previous post here.

That "far cry from CR7" is a bit below taste Bojan (with all due respect), he's blowing CR7 out of the water this season with how crucial he is, CR7 couldn't save RM against ATM, Neyboy did, same with psg, bayern, while CR7 was tapping it in against Schalke and Granada..

This thread is definitely condemned to be insane, having to defend a player that's scoring almost 40 goals for us without fk/pk, and a big part of them in big games.. and being called tasteless just for saying this player, OUR player, is good.. man, the hate is infinite here I don't know what the kid did to you but it has NOTHING to do with football anymore.

He just ended the ridiculous streak of embarrassing exhibitions from Pedro, the perfect La Masia boy.

What a criminal...

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
See, that's just a problem with some blinded Ney fans. Neverstopping lying to paint another user bad and then pretend to be victims in it all.
Where the feck did I ever call anyone tasteless because they said Ney's good.

I'd appreciate you stop that, I don't particularly fancy having to read stuff invented about me.
Next time it's just delete-infraction because I am too tired repeating and defending against blatant lies.

Kohe321

The reason he doesn't assist so much should be simple to see, it's because of his role in the team. You'd think Suarez was the spearhead, but Neymar actually functions as the focal point in Barca just as much. Most of his goals happen from a right-to-left attack, usually initiated by Messi, and he finds himself in the position to finish more often than to pass. Perfect examples are both the Bayern games, or the most recent Liga game against Real Sociedad when he functioned as a cork opener with that 1-0 header... Right to left, Neymar finding himself in a position to finish. It's his role. Look at one of the final moments in the Bayern game at the Allianz where Neymar dribled past the defense, but instead of taking the shot he opted for a pass to Messi. That decision was motivated by the opposite of egotism, he looked for the assist when he should've shot and probably scored.

Bottom line is, his somewhat lack of assists are not due to egotistical play, so why criticise him for it? He's scoring extremely important goals for us, yet some belittle him. I can't understand it. Listen, we would not be in the final without him. Not without Messi or Suarez either, but come on - Neymar is having an absolutely fantastic season, and it's only his second at the age of 23!

Last edited:

Kohe321

What perfect timing, just as I wrote my above post Barcastuff posted this gif of the first goal against Bayern.

Look at the movement. The finish itself is a tap-in, but he actually initiates the attack himself after a good run with the ball, and his subsequent movement off the ball following the pass to Messi is fantastic. It's clever and quick, and one of the reasons he scores so much.

[tw]598850374779457536[/tw]

He's drifting off-side after the pass so that the defender stops thinking about him for a second. Messi demands all the attention there anyway, and Neymar knows it. This allows him to be infront of the defender for Suarez's squared pass following Messi's brilliant through-ball. It's in the details.

Last edited:

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
He just ended the ridiculous streak of embarrassing exhibitions from Pedro, the perfect La Masia boy.

What a criminal...

No need to bring Pedro into this mate, it's already difficult to keep an objective discussion about just neymar as it is, if you mix up everything we won't make it :)

M

monamou

He could be an even better poacher than CR. Excellent movement as well and way better dribbling

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He could be an even better poacher than CR. Excellent movement as well and way better dribbling

The best thing for us would be Neymar becoming a complete player in a true sense. His ceiling is very high and he can still improve a lot. Him becoming a glorified poacher like Cristiano would be sad for him and for the club considering his talent and how far he can go.

raskolnikov

The best thing for us would be Neymar becoming a complete player in a true sense. His ceiling is very high and he can still improve a lot. Him becoming a glorified poacher like Cristiano would be sad for him and for the club considering his talent and how far he can go.

He doesnt have the athletic atributes Ronaldo has, Neymar growing will be interesting to watch. Cause when he gets even better at scoring these goals and improves at things like dribbling, decision making and passing who knows what he might turn into? definitely more than a inzaghi on steroids type poacher like Ronaldo.
Only thing i'm worried about is the Brazilian party to hard attitude which might lead to an relatively early decline.
But this boy is definitely set to win a ballon d'or or two in the next 8 years.

Alen

That's why i think he made the best choice by coming to Barcelona. Having a role model like Messi will make him have high expectations for himself and improve all aspects of his game. He will never be good enough, and that will help him greatly.

LordLichtenstein

gsgsgas.png

I was debating with myself wether or not to include Schalke, but in the end I decided not to include them. Compared to Paris Saint Germain, Manchester City, Bayern München, Juventus & Atletico Madrid they simply didn't make the "strong" category.

A case can be made for Liverpool not to be included either.

*Also, let us not forget, that Neymar isn't even the MAIN guy at Barca, like Ronaldo is for Real.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
The one who got away. He's currently the only young star player in the world imo. In a year or two he'll be competing with Messi for the Ballon d'Or before he completely overtakes him. If somebody huge doesn't emerge from out of nowhere, this guy will have monopoly over the Ballon d'Or.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans