11 - Neymar Jr. - v4

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
The one who got away. He's currently the only young star player in the world imo. In a year or two he'll be competing with Messi for the Ballon d'Or before he completely overtakes him. If somebody huge doesn't emerge from out of nowhere, this guy will have monopoly over the Ballon d'Or.

Well, apparently Depay is already talking about himself as the next Cristiano Ronaldo, EPL hype got to his head before he even played a single game there :lol:

MaxY

Devil May Cry
Well, apparently Depay is already talking about himself as the next Cristiano Ronaldo, EPL hype got to his head before he even played a single game there :lol:

I think Depay will be a big success but he has like a 10-20 % chance at most to become huge like Ronaldo did. EPL is the perfect league for players like young CR7, Bale, Depay. Imagine Neymar playing in EPL, he could be ****** the entire league and scoring goals for fun.

Vlom

I think Depay will be a big success but he has like a 10-20 % chance at most to become huge like Ronaldo did. EPL is the perfect league for players like young CR7, Bale, Depay. Imagine Neymar playing in EPL, he could be ****** the entire league and scoring goals for fun.

EPL makes everyone look good, even Cesc & Alexis ^^

Yeah I think in the youngs talents it's hard to find someone that has the same possibilities to be huge as Neymar, the biggest names right now are Hazard, Depay, Sterling (lel), Reus... and he's better.

MaxY

Devil May Cry
EPL makes everyone look good, even Cesc & Alexis ^^

Yeah I think in the youngs talents it's hard to find someone that has the same possibilities to be huge as Neymar, the biggest names right now are Hazard, Depay, Sterling (lel), Reus... and he's better.

Don't put Sterling there, not even as a joke.. Reus is turning 26 in like 15 days so he isn't young anymore. The only ones are Hazard, Depay & perhaps Lacazette. Not to mention that both Depay and Lacazette are only prospects who play/ed in terrible leagues . I would love if Lacazette could be our backup striker but he probably wouldn't be content with that and rightly so. The only real rival that Neymar could have is probably Hazard, and only if Hazard starts shooting and scoring way more. I hope that our board also realizes this and decides to break the bank for him or trade him for Bale somehow. Hazard and Neymar could be the next Ronaldo & Messi rivarly. Ronaldo is 30 and he dropped his old playing style, he's a poacher nowadays. Imo the Ronaldo & Messi rivarly will only last for like 2-3 more years before we get the next big rivarly.

Last edited:

PhilS

He doesnt have the athletic atributes Ronaldo has, Neymar growing will be interesting to watch. Cause when he gets even better at scoring these goals and improves at things like dribbling, decision making and passing who knows what he might turn into? definitely more than a inzaghi on steroids type poacher like Ronaldo.
Only thing i'm worried about is the Brazilian party to hard attitude which might lead to an relatively early decline.
But this boy is definitely set to win a ballon d'or or two in the next 8 years.

Neymar started this season 5 kilos heavier than the season before, which has helped him a lot. He seems to have improved in his off-field preparations, so we should appreciate that. Yes, he likes to have fun, and he takes great joy in playing football, but these parts of his personality seem to boost his game more than they hurt it.

He continues to improve, so I agree with you about his future. But I doubt this guy will ever be a model player in all aspects of his game, he's just too aggressive and too creative for that. Right now, I think he could help the team even more if he played more to his strengths, eased off on trying to be too Barca-like. In making that killer final pass that we see so often from Messi and Suarez, Neymar is just not good enough yet. He needs to look for his shot even more, instead of trying passes he can't pull off.

Vlom

Don't put Sterling there, not even as a joke.. Reus is turning 26 in like 15 days so he isn't young anymore. The only ones are Hazard, Depay & perhaps Lacazette. Not to mention that both Depay and Lacazette are only prospects who play/ed in terrible leagues . I would love if Lacazette could be our backup striker but he probably wouldn't be content with that and rightly so. The only real rival that Neymar could have is probably Hazard, and only if Hazard starts shooting and scoring way more. I hope that our board also realizes this and decides to break the bank for him or trade him for Bale somehow. Hazard and Neymar could be the next Ronaldo & Messi rivarly. Ronaldo is 30 and he dropped his old playing style, he's a poacher nowadays. Imo the Ronaldo & Messi rivarly will only last for like 2-3 more years before we get the next big rivarly.

I doubt Hazard will move from Chelsea, unless he somehow falls in love with RM and wants to go there, Chelsea will never let him go, they pay just as well if not better, they play CL, he's the absolute star in EPL... after what happened to Bale, he might just want to stay cosy :)

MaxY

Devil May Cry
I doubt Hazard will move from Chelsea, unless he somehow falls in love with RM and wants to go there, Chelsea will never let him go, they pay just as well if not better, they play CL, he's the absolute star in EPL... after what happened to Bale, he might just want to stay cosy :)

It won't be all sunshine and rainbows for him in Chelsea. The other EPL teams will improve and I don't see Chelsea being dominant again. Not to mention that I don't see Chelsea being a finalist in the foreseeable future of UCL. With the likes of Barca, Real and Bayern who are all a class above them and PSG & Juventus who are around their level.

BBZ8800

If somebody huge doesn't emerge from out of nowhere, this guy will have monopoly over the Ballon d'Or.

About new young stars, they always emerge.
Especially since the media and fans are always hungry for "new faces".

So, if it seems that today we don't have too many young superstars, don't worry.
When Messi and CR7 will get older, media will create 2-3 new superheroes extremely fast.

That doesn't mean that they will win Ballon'D'Or.

For example, just look back in 2012 and try to think who was a superstar beside Messi and CR7.
And then look how many new players emerged, like Pogba, Odegaard, Depay, even Hazard, even Neymar.

And again, when the football/media "sky" will need new stars, media will create and hype new players even faster than now.

Hazard and Neymar could be the next Ronaldo & Messi rivarly.

No.
Hazard isn't that "marketable", imo.
Media will invent something new.

Or something like James vs Neymar, in worst case.

Last edited:

MaxY

Devil May Cry

So, if it seems that today we don't have too many young superstars, don't worry.
When Messi and CR7 will get older, media will create 2-3 new superheroes extremely fast.

For example, just look back in 2012 and try to think who was a superstar beside Messi and CR7.
And then look how many new players emerged, like Pogba, Odegaard, Depay, even Hazard, even Neymar.

And again, when the football/media "sky" will need new stars, media will create and hype new players even faster than now.

No.

Who do you think that the media will hype? Somebody that is already there or somebody new?

JamDav1982

No.

I think you put far too much emphasis on how much influence the media has.

Fans, journalists, players watch games from all around the world and form their own opinions.

BBZ8800

Who do you think that the media will hype? Somebody that is already there or somebody new?

A mixture of both.
Some players will emerge for whom we don't know yet.
And some of the current players who are just very good today (I will say a random example, Dybala) may explode in 1-2-3 Seasons in some big club and become new superstars.

For example, if Real will win La liga or a CL in the next 2-3 Seasons, then some new leaders, like James, Kroos, or some new random guys, will become new Ronaldos, Bales and similar.
Also, new superstars from Argentina, Brasil always emerge.

So, it is extremely hard to predict today who will be Ballon'D'Or contender in 4-5 Seasons (after Messi and CR7), except for obvious choices like Neymar.
But you will see, in a few years, if you will look back to 2015', that you will say: Wow. Who would have predicted back then that these guys (in 2020) will be in top 3-4 players in the world suddenly?
(Just remember how Pogba turned from a 4 Million to a 100 Million player in 2-3 Seasons. Or how Pique turned from a poor defender from Man. Utd into one of the best defenders in the world. Some players just "explode", 1 out of 10, or 1 out of 100 players with potential)

But again, don't worry, new players always emerge.
For example, just remember, till the summer 2016, at least 2-3 new superstars will emerge, like Pogba, Depay, Dybala this summer.
Some players who are just good/nothing special today=will explode in 2015/16 Season and will turn into a 30-50 Million players whom Barca and Real will want to buy...

Bilal Khan

Tito > Mou
Shocked to see all the criticism..
the difference between this year and the previous seasons has been Messi's support cast,
Since Villa there was not really a proper finisher, pedro faded after 10/11 too, Alexis was never a good finisher for me, and lacked in terms of goals.
Neymar took his first season well to settle down and really exploded this year along the help of Suarez and Messi.
A terrific season for him regardless of we win the treble or end trophyless. Our trident have all helped each other get better and better which in turn has improved Barcelona significantly, praises go to Lucho for making it work so nicely!
Here's to hoping he finishes the season as brilliantly as he has been all season!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans