11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

BBZ8800

No. He's had multiple injuries. Isn't that hard to grasp?

Since I am one his hater since the day 1, for how long periods did he actually play well, if we don't use revisionism?

2017/18 seasons:
1. when he came, he was rusty, a kid, lost, didn't know language, late for trainings.
On a field he was lost and out of sync with anyone.
And had a passing percentage around 70% in those days, often missing the simplest passes.
He had a one good game then, against Juve and lots of bad matches and cameos.
2. then he got injured in September 2017 and was injured for 3-4 Months.
3. when he returned, he was rusty and STILL lost, disconnected and out of sync with a team.
4. Then in February he got injured AGAIN for 1 Month.
5. He returned in March, but was again rusty and scared to run.
He was benched, didn't play a lot. Coutinho played in a 442 in those days.
6. Then, when we won La Liga title, he played good in the last 3-4 matches when the pressure was off and scored some goals.
Basically, that was his only good period in the 2017/18 season. 4-5 good matches.

In a summer, a club considered selling him.
But he stayed.
1. Then, this season, early in a season, he was still lost, having off field problems and immaturity.
But he was starting to score goals.
His game was still bad, but he was scoring and masking bad plays.
2. Then in autumn, he finally started to play well.
He played well for 3 Months in this season.
3. In January, suffered his 3rd injury at Barca. He didn't play for 1 Month.
4. when he returned, as always, he was rusty and out of form.
5. and even worse, in March, he got injured again, for the 4th time this season, for 1 Month.
6. when he returned, as always, he is raw and totally out of form.

So, when you look at his 2 seasons here:
1. he had 1 good match against Juventus and 3-4 good matches after La Liga was won in the last season
2. this season he was bad in August and September (but he was scoring goals)
3. and then he was actually good in October, November and December
4. then he got injured again in January and lost all his form

So, basically, he played well for 1 Month in 2017/18 season and for 3-4 Months in 2018/19 season.
During other 20 Months, he was either lost and disconnected, or injured (4 times for 6 Months in total) or he was rusty after his injuries (for 1-2 Months after each of 4 injuries),

The same as how Neymar had 6 Months of world class football in 2014/15 and 6 Months at the beginning of 2015/16 and 36 Months of being below his average.

Anyway, imo, he was very good for those 3-4 Months, but majority of fans here are vastly overrating Dembele and his actual impact, which was again: 4 good Months out of 24 Months here.

Saladin

Dembouz >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Coutinho

Give it a rest, Dembouz is young, raw and an unfinished product. He had more chances and impact in 2 minutes than Coutinho in almost 70. Had Valverde been a real Barca-coach, he wouldn't give in to the locker-room politics and 'hype' of the overpriced Coutinho; Dembouz should have been given more minutes prior to this game in order for him to build up his momentum. He was barely warm when he got those chances, but obviously has had shite end product since his injury.

Dembélé at Anfield would hurt Liverpool on the counter, since they will chase the goals from the get-go.

Dembouz has had an unbelievable ceiling earlier this season - Coutinho's best game was in many peoples opinion the game vs. Man Utd (or perhaps the 6-1 against Sevilla) due to his screamer and braze respectively; Dembouz at his best won us fucking trophies already this season. The impact has been miles apart.

fergus90

I am far from convinced about Dembele, but has been crucial at times scoring monumental goals. His decision making and awareness can be woeful at times but what he does have is pace and energy. Pace will always get you chances and opportunities, as evident today.

Coutinho i'm afraid is showing nothing to suggest he should start anymore so maybe Dembele needs a run of games now.

BADGERBHOY

Look, 3-0 is a great result and I would have taken it before and after the game with no problems.

The issue is not the score but how Dembele chose to approach his moment to shine. Two great chances, plus losing the ball at one point - this is not the sign of a confident player but one that feels that the bench is his ideal spot. I don't like Cou, I don't like Valverde but seeing Dembele out there made me appreciate the coach not to use him earlier. We have a great chance this year in CL and I don't want us to lose it just because the flavor of the month needs to play as a starter. He's a kid, give him minutes in La Liga but at this moment he has no place in the Anfield game (and hopefully in the finals).

Because Coutinho was on fire? Honestly you're full of shit! He's perfect for the return leg

Potroh

The same as how Neymar had 6 Months of world class football in 2014/15 and 6 Months at the beginning of 2015/16 and 36 Months of being below his average.

Seems your disgusting hatred simply cannot stop, even 2 years after Neymar had left...
That "below his average" guy scored 105 goals in Barca shirt, but for your "statistically & analytically disguised mind" nothing is good enough. Nothing... (apart from Pedro, Gomes and the like...)

Anyway, imo, he was very good for those 3-4 Months, but majority of fans here are vastly overrating Dembele and his actual impact, which was again: 4 good Months out of 24 Months here.

If you knew anything about this game, you'd know that - apart from months spent sidelined with rather serious injuries - those 4 good month are the ones that count, specially in case of a 21 years old footballer.

Dembele is fragile mentally, hence seems to be able to perform good when he has no pressure on him. Internal and external included...
When he is trusted, when getting balls when started running, when he is not only a bench-warmer, etc.

I want to see you in Suarez's thread to come up with your forged statistics and essays, to read how many passes he missed, how many balls he was unable to handle, etc.
That would be at least fairness...

But writing down your ever soak-away hatred towards a player who missed one and a half chances in actually 6 and a half minutes he played, is nothing else but disgusting...

BruceWayne11

Of course he should've scored there, but so should Salah on his chance. That's how it goes sometimes. 3-0 is a really good result, and they should go to Anfield and try to win there as well.

Total-Football

[MENTION=21136]Potroh[/MENTION] I am truly sorry i fuck with your comments but i put you there with the rest of them when it comes to dembele and this has nothing to do with neymar (i am equally pissed with coutinho). whenever one of you post stuff like that i count the sentences that highlight what he brings to the table and the ones with the excuses for his ass, even on some quantitative linguistic shit , the predominant stuff is excuses.yall give him excuses after fucking 700 days at the club. if he is mentally fragile he should go where there is less pressure. this a 3 billion dollar institution with fierce rivalry in fast world.

the way he handled those balls are disgusting and no ammount of proxy apologies you (dembele lawyers) throw at us i will never catch the hook. his release of the ball, be it pass finesse or shooting finess, is slighly above mediocre and wayyyyyy, i mean wayyyy lower world class let alone elite.

there is not a single player in fc barcelona that causes directly to loose the ball like 50% (no hyperbole) of the times.. and those are the 300 millions duo. coutinho and this fella.
only significant difference between coutinho and dembele is that coutinho actually has finesse with his foot but struggling with other stuff.. whereas dembele, who is injured half the time (again this excuse you give him is laughable). he is injury prone and as a fan of the club i dont feel sorry for him.. i rather feel angry at the club, as a fan, for signing injury prone players and mr Glasses like he, and vermaleen.. i sympathise with him as a human not as a cule. so this defending argument adds more salt to my wound with this L we took.

doesnt press well, doesnt physically challenge well.. shoot like a he has osteoporosis . what is he good at ? question, actually requires a very, very very brief answer.

sell this player.. take 50 millions and move on.. if you find someone dumb to buy him for that.

most.. most of the stuff i said here apply to coutinho minus the fact that i actually saw the quality of coutinho before, at inter and lverool, unlike this folktale hero footballer called : real dembele.

Last edited:

putogusiluz8

The Pale One
That miss was just unacceptable. Messi drew all 3 of Liverpool's defenders and left him with enough time to have a croissant and a coffee and still score the goal. Our attackers are all talented, no doubt, but their erratic performances bar Messi is such a huge part of why we're not a completely dominant team.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans