11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chainsaw

Killahead
pile of mediocrity with the most dilusioned fans in thr world.. its like some hypnotic effect at this point, to be this shit for almost 700 days and for those zombies to defend him.

Some people still have a hard time accepting that Barca paid 3x more money for both him and Coutinho. No matter the outcome of the season, those were poorly done deals. Liverpool and Dortmund bled Barca dry. No one should pay that much money for a player for some "flashes" of brilliance throughout the season and then play the rest of the season like a dumbass.

Arizona Scott

He is very young and lacks consistency however plenty of greater and more refined players missed easy chances. Happens to all strikers, unfortnate but hardly catastrophic.

MTL_Barca

This meltdown over a chance and like 4 minutes of playing time :lol:

Should he score that? Of course. But come one he isn't the first football player to miss an easy chance, happened to a lot of players. Even world class players.

If we manage to blow a 3-0 lead at Anfield we don't deserve the final anyway.

Last edited:

Messigician

Fuck you Neymar for leaving so late resulting in these panic buys.

We got bled dry by Dortmund and pool because of his fathers greed for that dumb loyalty bonus. He will go to Madrid to be the next main man and use PSG as a stepping stone to get there as a direct transfer wasnt possible.

This was a ruse! Neymar fooled us all, he used us and is going to use PSG too those poor bastards.

We have truly been blind and everyone,who wants him back needs to reconsider. Maybe dembele and coutinho aren't the answer but Neymar sure as hell isn't.

Alik

I hope we don't regret those two misses. Other than that, not much to take away from 5 minutes of game time.

BBZ8800

Exactly why we need to sell Rakitic. With FDJ coming, Arthur in need of even more regular minutes next season, Vidal also proving himself very much needed of adding something different into our squad, and Roberto not only able to play, but actually being more useful in midfield many times, and if Wague continues to improve and gets promoted (which in all honesty he seems to be ready for), we'll have an extra option for RB, then Roberto can play in midfield even more regularly. Oh, and almost forgot Alena, who is even more vital to get many more minutes next season, if we want him to eventually develop into starter material.

And most importantly, we need all these players to be at least semi-equal in the eyes of our manager, so their minutes are all fairly divided on the pitch. And that will never happen as long as EV's wife keeps hogging all the minutes himself. Even Busquets needs to be rotated regularly starting next season, much less Rakitic, who isn't nearly as important and influental as Busquets is, being a home grown player and the only remaining member of our golden generation alongside Pique and Messi, so I don't see us selling him.

So selling Rakitic is a MUST this summer, no matter what Valverde says. If he doesn't like it, he can leave too (he won't be here fore more than the next 2 years anyway). So we might as well sell Rakitic now, while he's still worth something substantial, not wait for 2021 to sell him for peanuts back to Sevilla, just so that Valverde can keep using him these remaining two years, that he'll be here for, and run him completely down to the ground, form and quality-wise, while one or even two of our great young talents like Alena, Arthur, FDJ and Puig possibly get tired of waiting for their chance of being a regular starter and leave until then.

Selling Rakitic this summer is vital, even if it costs us losing Valverde too because of it (and let's be honest, he's not exactly vital, and is pretty expendable too, even if we do win the treble this year). Cause he won't be here after 2021 anyway, so we really shouldn't read too much into which players he wants not sold, especially when that player is a 30+ year old, who himself will be gone in 2021 at the latest, just like Valverde.

This is a pure gold.

1. Ev will hopefully win a treble
2. Rakitic is one of the most important players for him
3. Yet, he needs to be sold so that forum favorites can get more playing time
1) Arthur
2) Alena
3) Semedo as a Rb, Roberto moved to midfield, Raki out
4) now we have even the newest crazy idea: Wague as a Rb option from the next season and sell a few players so that idea can work, lol
5) Frenkie
6) I guess, Dumbele as a starter?
7) Malcom as a first sub

Mate, you have convinced me.
EV needs to go today.
Gregorrin should be our next coach.

There is absolutely nothing which can go wrong with your ideas.

Ev's tactics works for him because he is using players who are good for his style of play.

** Btw, a fun fact, I understand why EV's haters are even more pissed with Liverpool's match.
Not a single one out of 5 forum's favorites played as a starter tonight, yet we won 3:0.
Dumbele, Arthur, Semedo, Malcom, Alena.
From your post, I see that Ev's haters will expand this list to 8 players who must play as much as possible in the next season:
Dumbele, Arthur, Semedo, Malcom, Alena + additions Frenkie, Puig, Wague (even worse if we buy De Ligt, that will be 9 young forum favorites and shit ton of whining).

Whenever they won't play:
1. EV will be an idiot
2. Rakitic is guilty for everything
3. Good manager would have developed and played at least 5 out of these 8-9 guys ALL THE TIME
4. Fans will offer solutions to sell every single player who is standing in the way of these favorites.

Last edited:

gregorrin10

Gotta admit, was pretty pissed at him in the moment of the miss and a few minutes after. But after a night of sleep, I gotta be honest, I don't blame him all that much. I mean if he would've been subbed on like just 5 minutes earlier, not in freakin injury time he would've actually had a few touches of the ball and would got a little feel for the ball before getting that huge chance, he would've put that chance away and the tie would've been done. These kind of injury time subs are just pointless in my eyes unless you're leading by exactly one goal and sending in an extra defender anyway. And on the other hand you can get screwed with it, like we did with Dembele, because he wasn't ready or even expected that he would have a goal scoring chance in his time on the pitch, much less such a big one that he had.

underoath

Banned
This is a pure gold.

1. Ev will hopefully win a treble
2. Rakitic is one of the most important players for him
3. Yet, he needs to be sold so that forum favorites can get more playing time
1) Arthur
2) Alena
3) Semedo as a Rb, Roberto moved to midfield, Raki out
4) now we have even the newest crazy idea: Wague as a Rb option from the next season and sell a few players so that idea can work, lol
5) Frenkie
6) I guess, Dumbele as a starter?
7) Malcom as a first sub

Mate, you have convinced me.
EV needs to go today.
Gregorrin should be our next coach.

There is absolutely nothing which can go wrong with your ideas.

Ev's tactics works for him because he is using players who are good for his style of play.

** Btw, a fun fact, I understand why EV's haters are even more pissed with Liverpool's match.
Not a single one out of 5 forum's favorites played as a starter tonight, yet we won 3:0.
Dumbele, Arthur, Semedo, Malcom, Alena.
From your post, I see that Ev's haters will expand this list to 8 players who must play as much as possible in the next season:
Dumbele, Arthur, Semedo, Malcom, Alena + additions Frenkie, Puig, Wague (even worse if we buy De Ligt, that will be 9 young forum favorites and shit ton of whining).

Whenever they won't play:
1. EV will be an idiot
2. Rakitic is guilty for everything
3. Good manager would have developed and played at least 5 out of these 8-9 guys ALL THE TIME
4. Fans will offer solutions to sell every single player who is standing in the way of these favorites.
I don't know why Barca hierarchy don't visit r/barca or this forum. They can easily find better managers that can run a team in a much cheaper price. Give them a keyboard and boom Barca new manager

BBZ8800

because he wasn't ready or even expected that he would have a goal scoring chance in his time on the pitch, much less such a big one that he had.

More golden excuses.

Dembele from the last 5 minutes yesterday is just a typical Dembele from the last 24 Months.
The most hot and cold player whom we had in the last 20 years (ok, Alexis is coming close and then Neymar).

During all these 24 Months, Dembele was able to play a world class match on Sunday only to struggle with first touch and simple passes 3 days later.
Or after a few horrible matches, to play like a GOAT in the next match scoring crazy goals and making fun out of opponents.

Or, even worse, how many times have we seen from him in the space of 5 minutes:
1. having a world class action
2. only to struggle to control a simple pass 60 seconds later
3. and then scoring a Messiesque goal 60 seconds after that
4. and again, to make the dumbest move 60 seconds after that

Btw, to compare him with some other of our former players in that age, since people often have excuses: he is just a kid.
Dembele will be 22 in 2 weeks.
Messi aged 22 played a CL final in 2009' and was a key and mature player.
Neymar was 23 in 2015' final when he played the best football of his career and when he managed to lower the amount of dribbles and play the fastest and simplest football of his life.
Ronaldinho was 23 when he came to Barca, turned into a leader and into a one-man-team, scoring this on his Camp Nou debut:

He never made dumb decisions, even aged 23.

Messi and Ronaldinho were leaders and one-man show on whom you could have always relied even at the age of 22 and 23.
And this guy is able to make the 2 of the dumbest shots in CL semis in the space of 120 seconds:

He will surely have world class matches and world class moves.
But he isn't showing signs of mental improving and he will probably always remain the most hot and cold player, who can score a golazo out of nowhere and do yesterday's shit.

Btw, his 2 shots are way worse than the biggest Neymar's miss, which costed us a title in 2017 (happened at 1:0 vs Real), even though majority have blamed Arda.
But Neymar was at least able to hit the ball and his shot at least made some sense.
While NONE of Dembele's two shots yesterday made any sense:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bxeu1oFPItc

About your excuse that Dembele didn't expect to play, lol.
How many times players scored goals from their first touch once when they enter a field.
Like Ricken in 1997's CL final.
Score 2:1 for Borussia.
Minute 70: Ricken enters a field.
Minute 71: Ricken receives the ball for the first time.
He scores a goal from the first touch.
On the other hand, Dembele was not ready to play, according to you.

Btw, Ricken had 20 years and 10 Months in that moment.
He was also a kid, but he wasn't scared and surprised because he was sent on a field.

Last edited:

Laplacian

I just hope we get this player back soon

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dO0H9xR-eNc

Look at the verticality and directness in his playstyle, the playmaking (look at those through balls, crosses, clever switches in plays, messi-esque), the confidence, and the pure creativity.

He's so completely different now. Either kicks the ball and runs with it, or stands still and passes it to right outside the box. Can't believe he used to be Europes greatest U21 playmaker. Maybe he really should have stayed in Dortmund for a few more seasons.

Vilarrubi

During all these 24 Months, Dembele was able to play a world class match on Sunday only to struggle with first touch and simple passes 3 days later.

I don't think this is true at all, he was well below the level he should be when he joined and he was for months after that. Then he had a period of a few months where he was unbelievable, world class dribbling, goals and assists.. hardly any bad passes or stupid dispossessions either. Now after his injury and time not playing these last few games he's looked the worst player on the pitch by far.. not even any good moments.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans