11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Potroh

People called him a generational talent.
Those people probably aren't watching football for more than 5-10 years.

Well, my highly emotional and subjective friend, I've been watching football for 60 years, despite that I belong to your degenerated category of humans, who consider him to be a generational talent.

I do not claim he will be one of the Bdoor winners soon, but definitely a generational talent, just like MBappe is, about whom most of the connoisseurs say that overall he is definitely LESS talented than Dembele if one go close to his actual qualities.

But first of all you need to understand WHAT a talent means in this game, because seemingly you don't really know that, specially when someone reads you highly biased posts favoring players with much less talent.

You mention the AGE of a player he becomes "something outstanding".
Well, you are once again wrong in there as well, because you need to understand that we humans are not the same, some of us start talking at the age of 10 months, whereas others don't say a word until the age of 3-4. Some people age more rapidly than others and some develop slower than others. Not in football but in LIFE.

Similarly there are talented footballers who gradually develop to be great by the age of 20 but later on they don't really advance much more.
Some are matured and bloosom very early, some much later.
Some can play very well deep in their 30's, some start to decline even their late 20's.

Thus your merely statistically-disguised age-comparisons clearly show how little you actually understand...

Dembele is definitely a late developer, and unformed to a high extent, but he is most definitely an exceptional talent (being fast, very skilled, a two-footer, etc.) and other situational awarenesses may indeed come a bit late to him in his carrier. Because those can be learnt by experience and practice, while rare and real talent is a gift.

MagIX

Let's hope that the next season will be without injuries, so he can prove how good he is.

Last edited:
Two seasons are gone and he’s not proven a damn thing. Not dependable and not good enough for the 140m price tag.

Even when he’s fit, he doesn’t play above average. I don’t understand how he gets a pass over coutinho who at least plays for the team.

Maxim4

Messi suffered several injuries at the same ages, he also missed the final at that time.
between 2006 and 2007, the club wanted to sell the GOAT. look where he is now the best player in history.
Dembélé reported several points in the championship (14), scoring 15 goals. He gives the supercoupe.
After the Messi era, it will be Dembélé's turn.

vlad

Why comparations with messi... Messi at that age was already superior compared to dembele, barca bought this guy for 150m and in two seasons he had few good matches, he is overpaid, overhyped, he isnt generational talent, and he is 22, he isnt youngster, i dont see barca waiting him 2 more seasons

Maxim4

Why comparations with messi... Messi at that age was already superior compared to dembele, barca bought this guy for 150m and in two seasons he had few good matches, he is overpaid, overhyped, he isnt generational talent, and he is 22, he isnt youngster, i dont see barca waiting him 2 more seasons

at this age, Messi suffered a lot. Dembélé is of course a generational talent.
he has shown many times, one must be blind not to recognize him.

Kul_z

I feel sorry for him, its stupid how all of sudden he's thrash. I mean, kid needs support, and he is one of the hottest prospects in the world when fit. Fuck mbappe, in a year time dembele would be ahead of that qsg slave clown

Potroh

Dembélé is of course a generational talent.
he has shown many times, one must be blind not to recognize him.

Perhaps not blind as such, but with seriously blurred vision for sure...

The Good folks think and murmur as if a generational talent would definitely play outstandingly each and every game, score dozens of goals, assist the defense and the goalkeeper, and of course never get injured.

But unfortunately TALENT is a different notion altogether, which often can be seen and recognized in 2-3 games, a few unexpectedly brilliant moves - regardless if the performance is CONSTANT or not.

Many of the generational talents simply disappear, won't make it, sink in money, alcohol and female genitals, but they still remain generational talents, even if nobody recalls their names in a few years...

MTL_Barca

Where did that "generational talent" stuff come from now? Maybe he isn't. I mean by that standard nobody besides Mbappe is one atm, and even he gets trashed in his thread for being a farmer, missing chances and having bad character. So maybe there is no generational talent right now, not a crazy thought if we talk Ronaldinho levels here.

We massively overpaid for him, at least for his current quality. But i feel like that is almost a given if you try to sign a hyped young striker/winger in this market. Felix is overhyped. Sané is overhyped. Sancho is overhyped.

Dembele doesn't really fit our style in terms of passing and movement, but it also doesn't help that Valverde doesn't seem to be a great coach for these small details. I know BBZ will jump at me but yeah even if he is conservative GOATverde who always plays the best players because they earn the most coins it's still possible to develop players in some areas and Dembele would need that because he still seems to be quite raw at this point. I don't believe he is too dumb to play here or is lacking the character for it. Thing is we already invested the money and we won't get it back but he is still young so we should try to make the best out of him even if he can only reach like top 10 status and not win balon d'ors after Messi retires. Biggest issue are the injuries, that's really worrying because it also seems to effect his performances a lot. Some players just need longer to get back on track so if there are multiple injuries that can already mean a bad season. That's something for our doctors though, hard to judge. Very easy to just say it's because he is playing video games, maybe we can do something to help him there. He wouldn't be the first player to suffer injuries at a young age and later stabilize but of course there's also the risk he will continue to miss like 1/3-1/2 a season what will hinder his development quite a lot similar to Coman for example.

It sucks and at this point our investment doesn't look too hot but selling alone won't fix that. We would have to take a big loss on this and there still wouldn't be a perfect winger for us.

Last edited:

Maxim4

Where did that "generational talent" stuff come from now? Maybe he isn't. I mean by that standard nobody besides Mbappe is one atm, and even he gets trashed in his thread for being a farmer, missing chances and having bad character. So maybe there is no generational talent right now, not a crazy thought if we talk Ronaldinho levels here.

We massively overpaid for him, at least for his current quality. But i feel like that is almost a given if you try to sign a hyped young striker/winger in this market. Felix is overhyped. Sané is overhyped. Sancho is overhyped.

Dembele doesn't really fit our style in terms of passing and movement, but it also doesn't help that Valverde doesn't seem to be a great coach for these small details. I know BBZ will jump at me but yeah even if he is conservative GOATverde who always plays the best players because they earn the most coins it's still possible to develop players in some areas and Dembele would need that because he still seems to be quite raw at this point. I don't believe he is too dumb to play here or is lacking the character for it. Thing is we already invested the money and we won't get it back but he is still young so we should try to make the best out of him even if he can only reach like top 10 status and not win balon d'ors after Messi retires. Biggest issue are the injuries, that's really worrying because it also seems to effect his performances a lot. Some players just need longer to get back on track so if there are multiple injuries that can already mean a bad season. That's something for our doctors though, hard to judge. Very easy to just say it's because he is playing video games, maybe we can do something to help him there. He wouldn't be the first player to suffer injuries at a young age and later stabilize but of course there's also the risk he will continue to miss like 1/3-1/2 a season what will hinder his development quite a lot similar to Coman for example.

It sucks and at this point our investment doesn't look too hot but selling alone won't fix that. We would have to take a big loss on this and there still wouldn't be a perfect winger for us.

Hard to be more contradictory in one sentence

Vilarrubi

[tw]1125003300863188992[/tw]

Said this about twice already but this is Coutinho’s time to show up... still wasn’t impressed at all by him in the first leg. Let’s hope [MENTION=21723]Pedro[/MENTION] that he can prove his worth in the 2nd leg.. would love a long distance goal like against United again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans