11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kuchi

I believe we would have lost still at 4-0. We needed an away goal. That was the key.

It's not about liverpool being able to score 5,6 10 goals...the team's focus vanished after that 2nd goal so anything was possible, it's about how superficial he treated 1 good chance and 1 sitter in the dying minutes and of course how superficial and idiotic his general behavior is on and off the field. And it's been like this since day one, with little to none signs of improving.

Talented boy, his talent matched only by his stupidity and clumsiness.

henias

Really? Has any club in the whole history of the UCL except the remontarda ever overturn a 4/5 goal deficit? Had we won 4-0, we can sit back and play smart while absorbing the pressure and still be in the final. The reason we lost is because we didn't play smart. Liverpool had meme players like Origi and Shaqiri starting their attack but we let them have their game of their careers. Had this match be replayed, 9/10 we go past them. Let's not also forget Liverpool came back from 3-0 to win on penalties in the 2005 final. Boozeman should had scored and made it imposible for Liverpool to overturn it

Sitting back is playing smart to you? Hasn't Roma taught you a lesson? The smart way is to get an away goal, period.

Also, attack would be our best defence. Sitting back just allowed Liverpool to swarm forward and capitalise on set pieces, headers, chances.

Donatello

Alright, I think we should stop expending energy criticising.
A year from now when he's about to turn 23 and he's still playing the same way he did in his debut season, people will understand he's not right for out football (whatever the fuck that is).

You just contradicted your own statement there.

Anyways, your thinking is inconclusive. I mean, what's your point? It just sounds as pure frustration.

Last edited:

Dinho10

Sitting back is playing smart to you? Hasn't Roma taught you a lesson? The smart way is to get an away goal, period.

Also, attack would be our best defence. Sitting back just allowed Liverpool to swarm forward and capitalise on set pieces, headers, chances.

Did we play smart against Roma? Look at Mourinho and how set his team up to sit back, absorb and still get a desired result. Fraudverde is a shitty version of Mourinho without the tactical brain. We had no tactics which is why we lost thinking 3-0 is enough when multiple teams done it over the years.

Andrew M

Did we play smart against Roma? Look at Mourinho and how set his team up to sit back, absorb and still get a desired result. Fraudverde is a shitty version of Mourinho without the tactical brain. We had no tactics which is why we lost thinking 3-0 is enough when multiple teams done it over the years.

Mourinho's tactics are antiquated relics of the past. He should put his tactics vs barca in cl 2010 in a museum.

Centauri B

The days of being able to sit on leads in the champions league is over. The bravest teams will win

This is absolutely true. It's not accidental that we have had so many epic remontadas/comebacks in recent years. It used to be the case that 2-0 first leg at home meant the tie was done dusted. In fact we were the first team in modern CL history to overturn a 2-0 first leg defeat against AC Milan in 2013. Since then, epic comebacks and crazy scorelines have become the norm in Champions League football, rather than the exception. Gone are the days of the 0-0 & 1-1 two-legged ties.

Maybe it's because of the way teams play now? Maybe it's because the art of defending has been lost somehow. I genuinely have no clue. Maybe it's because there is much less stoppages during games.

FCBfan22

Because I'm not like you that will do everything to protect your favorite players. I call it how i saw it

Blah blah blah.

I said that Dembele is guilty too. You are the one who sees what he wants.

The thing is that if Pool needed to overcome a 5-0 deficit, they would. Look at how we played FFS.

They equaled us on result in 56th minute ffs. If they still pressured us after 80th minute, they would get one or 2 more.

Centauri B

Blah blah blah.

I said that Dembele is guilty too. You are the one who sees what he wants.

The thing is that if Pool needed to overcome a 5-0 deficit, they would. Look at how we played FFS.

They equaled us on result in 56th minute ffs. If they still pressured us after 80th minute, they would get one or 2 more.

How on earth do you know that? Dembele's terrible misses cost us heavily, there can be no doubt about it. He had some good spells during the season, but after his previous injury turned to crap, then remained crap, missed 2 sitters vs Liverpool, then got injured again. These are the simple facts.

johantenenbaum

Okay here's the thing. We missed Dembele's skills against Roma and against Liverpool. However we shouldn't have at all. Look at Liverpool, they didn't have Firmino and Salah. They played with Origi and Shaqiri instead. And guess what, they f'ing delivered. How? They aren't better than Firmino and Salah? But they have a better coach. A coach that uses them effectively. In the meantime we are blaming Coutinho and Dembele. Yes they are playing bad. Well, Firmino wasn't at this level nor Salah nor Sterling and Bernardo Silva. And now they are world class inside forwards. We didn't witness any of our players improved under Mediocre Valverde. Cuz he doesn't know how to improve his players. He relies on Leo to score and ter Stegen to hold. That's it. If Valverde doesn't leave I'm hoping Dembele leaves. Cuz he won't learn anything from this poor coach. We are in big trouble. Yes we need to reshape our squad but Dembele isn't the first one to go nor among them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans