11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Good if true, at least he didn't end up in Bayern.

If BVB buys him for say 30m, we will try to buy him for 90m in two or three years. That's how we sign players.

He's gone for good if we let him go to Dortmund. At 30m, we should go for him instead of splashing 30m on Gameiro. Thats just inane. But it looks like we are ready to let yet another one slip through the cracks in order to amass a team full of players looking for their last big contract. Its an extremely expensive way to do business, having to replace players who were bought for top money on a constant basis.

Last edited:

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
He's gone for good if we let him go to Dortmund. At 30m, we should go for him instead of splashing 30m on Gameiro. Thats just inane. But it looks like we are ready to let yet another one slip through the cracks in order to amass a team full of players looking for their last big contract. Its an extremely expensive way to do business, having to replace players who were bought for top money on a constant basis.

Yes, often what this club does really escapes any logic.

Very frustrating.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Dembele is 18. I can understand he wants to play every match and not sit on the bench. Buying him now and loaning him out would be a possibility. But Barca would be too much for him right now.

Truthist

Imagine if our current board spotted a young Messi or Ronaldo. There wouldn't be a cat in hells chance of us signing them.

Firstly, they would be considered too young and secondly 'don't fit Barca's style'.

We really need to start giving youth a chance.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
If we let this kid get away, we're doing a huge mistake. I really think he got the potenial to be one of the greatest.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Dembele is 18. I can understand he wants to play every match and not sit on the bench. Buying him now and loaning him out would be a possibility. But Barca would be too much for him right now.

Depends on how much BVB are signing him for.

If it's for peanuts then it's a no brainer to do that.

Jombi

If he's good enough, he is old enough. And he can play all three positions up front. Next season, it is more crucial than ever to rest MSN and Suarez and Messi will turn 30.

Messi983

Yes, but buying him for 20M+ and loaning him doesn't make any sense. We just can't afford that. Of course, if we could get him for 5-10M that would be different story but I just can't see that.

BVB is also a great club and can offer him more regular playing time right now. If he really choose to go there over some other EPL clubs he has offers, then it would show he's smart enough (and/or has good people around to advise him) and prefers developing over money at his age.

Imagine if our current board spotted a young Messi or Ronaldo. There wouldn't be a cat in hells chance of us signing them.

Firstly, they would be considered too young and secondly 'don't fit Barca's style'.

We really need to start giving youth a chance.

We signed Messi when he was 13. For all we know we could just spoted and signed "a new Messi" today to our La Masia.

But of course people will continue to go crazy about every "future superstar" we won't sign.

Yannik

BVB transfer looking more and more likely, Transfermarkt ranks at 52% likelyness to join BVB this summer.
My french is not very good, but it also appears that Rennes coach Rolland Courbis has confirmed that Dembele will leave this summer.
I've never seen so many newspapers claiming that a BVB transfer is done, even Watzke reacted quite interesting to the name Dembele when he was asked about him in the Audi Star Talk.

Devils

Good for him.

If he lives up to his potential, he will make a fine replacement for Robben or Ribery when he inevitably signs for Bayern.

SeloBarca

Coulda ogtten Dybala and Dembele cheap, but now well go after them 3 years later for 10x + the amount as usual.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans