11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jombi

Same price as Vermaelen or Vidal. Interesting. While we are looking at 29 year old Gameiro for 40m. :)

Yannik

Don't think Gameiro would cost 40m if it wasn't for a team like Barca asking for it. I mean you would obviously raise the price if you know that the buyer is stacking papers.
If Barca were to ask for Dembélé, they wouldn't get him for 15-20m, that's for sure.

Jombi

Don't think Gameiro would cost 40m if it wasn't for a team like Barca asking for it. I mean you would obviously raise the price if you know that the buyer is stacking papers.
If Barca were to ask for Dembélé, they wouldn't get him for 15-20m, that's for sure.

Well, I can agree with that, but we are also making it easy for the other side as we act like muppets in the market. Especially the ridiculous tendency we have to announce which of our players should find themselves another club and weakening our leverage by obsessing about one player we want in the market because the coach says so.

And its not like we have money coming out of our ears these days. Chelsea have done some very great deals in the last few years financial wise.

Yannik

Well, I can agree with that, but we are also making it easy for the other side as we act like muppets in the market. Especially the ridiculous tendency we have to announce which of our players should find themselves another club and weakening our leverage by obsessing about one player in the market because the coach says so.

And its not like we have money coming out of our ears these days. Chelsea have done some very great deals in the last few years financial wise.

Yeah I know that, nothing more stupid than "announcing" stuff for the transfermarket. I very well remember BVB doing the mistake at the start of 2013/2014, bragging about the huge amount of money they have on hand following Götzes sale and a CL final. Suddenly every player they claimed interest in (Eriksen, Benteke, Bernard etc) was 50-100% more expensive than they were a week ago.

Yannik

just liked some tweet welcoming him, guess this thing is done

Bildschirmfoto-2016-05-04-um-16.40.20-768x538.png

MaxY

Devil May Cry
It's kinda weird. Martial was like 50-80 M and this guy is 15-20 M. Didn't Barca,RM and other top club scouts think it's worth it for that money? Pay up the 20 M and loan him to Espanyol,Valencia or Sevilla or something. For someone with this big potential it's easily worth the risk. Rather that than paying over 70 M for him in a few years if he succeeds..

It's Martial whose price was ridiculous, Dembele's isn't ( which a bit low though )
Panic buy from THE richest & most underperforming club at the dead end of the summer mercato.

Still I hope that after all the recent individual success stories, L1 will be able to raises prices some.

Jombi

It's kinda weird. Martial was like 50-80 M and this guy is 15-20 M. Didn't Barca,RM and other top club scouts think it's worth it for that money? Pay up the 20 M and loan him to Espanyol,Valencia or Sevilla or something. For someone with this big potential it's easily worth the risk. Rather that than paying over 70 M for him in a few years if he succeeds..

Barca dont use scouts. Lucho's will is the law. And he only knows Celta and old timers from La Liga.

navidjaan

I think people have a hard time believing that youngsters sometimes prefer clubs just below the top top like Dortmund, instead of Barça, Real Madrid etc, because they know they'll get the chance immediately and improve from day one. Why on earth would he want to join Barça when everyone on the planet knows MSN are untouchable? He can look at Munir as an example of what would happen to him if he went there.

Jombi

I think people have a hard time believing that youngsters sometimes prefer clubs just below the top top like Dortmund, instead of Barça, Real Madrid etc, because they know they'll get the chance immediately and improve from day one. Why on earth would he want to join Barça when everyone on the planet knows MSN are untouchable? He can look at Munir as an example of what would happen to him if he went there.

I havent seen any proof of us bidding for him.

navidjaan

There have been plenty of rumors, and of course you won't see any "proof". Try mailing Bartomeu and ask him if he wanna share something..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans