11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

JackSparrow

I wish we got this kid and Jesus. I am sure one of them will one day be in Barca and we will pay like 50-100 millions. This board really doesnt know how to bargain, they suck at buying and they suck at selling.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
BVB vs. Sunderland

BbsImg147041639639669_491x242.gif

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I wish we got this kid and Jesus. I am sure one of them will one day be in Barca and we will pay like 50-100 millions. This board really doesnt know how to bargain, they suck at buying and they suck at selling.

He'd develop at a much faster and better rate at Dortmund than at Barca.

I'd happily pay 60-70m for him in four years if he reaches his potential than have him for 15m now and see him stalling due to lack of playing time and eventually getting loaned out or sold.

It might sound ridiculous, but that's the one disadvantage with MSN.

So better to spend money on a finished product than buy a raw one for cheap who will never get the chances he needs to polish his game.

You and plenty others might disagree, but that's my two cents about it all.... Don't think it's possible for a young talent like him to develop properly behind MSN. Guys like him need to play regularly.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire

I'd happily pay 60-70m for him in four years if he reaches his potential than have him for 15m now and see him stalling due to lack of playing time and eventually getting loaned out or sold.

So better to spend money on a finished product than buy a raw one for cheap who will never get the chances he needs to polish his game.

You and plenty others might disagree, but that's my two cents about it all.... Don't think it's possible for a young talent like him to develop properly behind MSN. Guys like him need to play regularly.

I agree with this, Don, but the risk of this is that we might never be able to land these players later, should they become successful. The clubs they are with might not want to sell, or we might lose out competing with other clubs. I think we might have a decent chance getting Dembele later from BVB, but plucking away the likes of GJ and Sane from City will be extremely hard, almost impossible in my opinion (City will be like PSG, who is not short of money to sell any players). I wish we could sign some young talents like GJ and Demebele and just loan them out straight to other teams like we did with Denis Suarez or how Real Madrid did with Carvajal, Asensio, Mayoral and soon I heard Odegaard.

Suarez and Messi are getting older, sooner or later we will have to replace them. Do we just hope that eventually we will spend 60, 70m to 100m plus to sign experienced forwards or do we count on the likes of LSW and Mujica? It is a tough one.

DonAK

This guy will fetch Dortmund a lot. A lot. Perhaps even a WR fee.

Not just an incredibly talented player, but also a smart one.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Should've bought him and loaned him out. The fee Dortmund paid was a joke in this market. MSN won't be around forever.

Yannik

Was a bit annoyed by his passing at the start, but it got a lot better.

[gfy]PleasingShockingAlbacoretuna[/gfy]

CuleLife4Life

Should've bought him and loaned him out. The fee Dortmund paid was a joke in this market. MSN won't be around forever.

Fck just realized he is only 19. I can see him replacing Suarez in a few yrs before he hits his peak. It'll probably be a record fee though smh.

El Flaco

He's a great talent, it'll be interested to see if he can maintain this form throughout the entire season.

DonAK

It's frankly speaking frightening how good he can become.

I definitely would go all in for him in two years when he's 21.

Hatem Ben Arfa

The boy is WORLD CLASS. I don't know how they are going to hang on to him. I can see a huge bid arriving for him in the summer. I hope he remains humble though, i didn't like that sarcastic applause of the referee. Really exciting player

FCBarca

Mike the Knife

I don't like it but hard to dispute this assessment based on the current approach from the club. Barcelona would've been foolish splashing even 15 million on a player of his age but I prefer his skill set to that of say Paco in terms of what Barcelona's attack needs.

He is absolutely one of the bright young talents to keep an eye on, aspects of his game remind me of Neymar at a similar age

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans