11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
If our next coach will play false 9 again, then there's room on the RW :)

For example, Sampaoli (remove Dybala with Dembele):

[tw]820951568241618945[/tw]

Pretty sure Sampaoli also used Alexis as false 9 at Chile.

Eusebio also likes the false 9. Used Denis multiple times there at Barça B, and Rafinha, Luis Alberto and Deulofeu (in the same season) before Denis.

Oscar Garcia used false 9 at Juvenil A, too (Deulofeu).

It could work if Busi knew how to play double pivot. He looked a trainwreck every time we tried.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
You forgot Suarez though! [MENTION=20074]navidjaan[/MENTION]

Also, it seems like Valverde might be our next coach. Nika Cuenca of AS who's probably the best journalist covering them had a report suggesting he might replace Lucho since he's leaving Athletic after this season.

navidjaan

Obviously only a fool would sell this Suárez. It's interesting that Oscar Garcia has played a 4222 which includes two strikers, one of which is a 9 (Suárez), the other being more of an false 9 (Messi). Two wide playmakers at LW and RW, a box-box midfielder and a pivot.

navidjaan

Nika Cuenca of AS who's probably the best journalist covering them had a report suggesting he might replace Lucho since he's leaving Athletic after this season.

Yeah, won't believe anything Barça-related that first comes from AS. Valverde will be an option, like always, but I can't see it happening. He seems like a nice guy, but so boring.

DonAK

Yeah, won't believe anything Barça-related that first comes from AS. Valverde will be an option, like always, but I can't see it happening. He seems like a nice guy, but so boring.

Nika Cuenca covering Athletic is legit. Might just be whispers in Bilbao though, of why he won't renew his contract and leave at the end of the season.

I think Valverde is an obvious option due to him being here, and then you have Eusebio and Unzue in the mix too.

I'd love Sampaoli, but we got to see whether :robert: :bartomeu: think outside the box or go for the safer options.

navidjaan

Nika Cuenca covering Athletic is legit. Might just be whispers in Bilbao though, of why he won't renew his contract and leave at the end of the season.

I think Valverde is an obvious option due to him being here, and then you have Eusebio and Unzue in the mix too.

I'd love Sampaoli, but we got to see whether :robert: :bartomeu: think outside the box or go for the safer options.

Interesting. I'm 100% for Sampaoli if I can be sure that he will give the youth more consistent chances than Lucho. Otherwise I prefer Eusebio.

DonAK

If Messi's future is as a CAM, then this is the guy I want on the right wing.

Forget every other talent at his agegroup out there, he is far, far ahead of any of them in talent and brains.

khaled_a_d

If Messi's future is as a CAM, then this is the guy I want on the right wing.

Forget every other talent at his agegroup out there, he is far, far ahead of any of them in talent and brains.

I kind agree with that,although I think we will need someone who would track back well on RW if Messi moved as AM (as he should),team can't afford to have players who are bad defensively,the two other midfielders should just cover for Messi lack of effort not on the wings too

DonAK

I kind agree with that,although I think we will need someone who would track back well on RW if Messi moved as AM (as he should),team can't afford to have players who are bad defensively,the two other midfielders should just cover for Messi lack of effort not on the wings too

Sounds like someone like Alexis :p

I've seen Dembele track back well, but I'm not sure whether he does that consistently.

Yashar1899

------------------ Mats
x --------------- Pique ----------- Umtiti
------------------- Busi
-------- x ------------------- x
Ousmane --------------------------- Neymar
--------------- Messi
------------------------ Suarez

Lutece FC

------------------ Mats
x --------------- Pique ----------- Umtiti
------------------- Busi
-------- x ------------------- x
Ousmane --------------------------- Neymar
--------------- Messi
------------------------ Suarez

A defense composed by 3 players ? Except if Dembele and Neymar accept to play an important role in defensive tasks, it will not work. It's not Football Manager ... it's real football.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans