11 - Ousmane Dembélé - V1

Status
Not open for further replies.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
^ Just 19 years old

Incredible. Still a bit raw, but got the immense talent and also the brain to succeed.

Jombi

I wouldn't worry about Real Madrid signing Dembele. They have other pure forward options such as Mayoral, Mariano not to mention Morata and Vasquez, and in the attacking midfielder/winger position they have Asensio and Odegaard, not to mention the likes of James (who might be leaving though) and Isco already. If anything Aubameyang will most likely join them, not Dembele.

Dembele is still very very raw, I think he made the right decision not to join us last summer.

Dembele is still very, very good. He's totally dominating Bundesliga as he did Ligue 1. Meanwhile, we spent that money on donkeys like Paco. We made a big mistake not doing more to sign him this summer. People want to feel good about us doing everything we could have done to sign him, but I doubt very much that we actually did, considering our track record of signing players. He'll cost a truck load of money if he decides to leave and its far from certain we can compete with the money of PL clubs, RM and PSG when that happens. People said he was nowhere near good enough 6 months ago to warrant a high price because he played for Rennes and "hadnt proven anything". Just look at the first few pages in this thread. For anyone who actually watched him in Ligue 1, it was obvious he was a superstar in the making.

Last edited:

DonAK

[MENTION=19793]Jombi[/MENTION],

He would have MSN ahead of him. He got an offer to play for one of the best player developing teams in BVB where he would play every week. He made a very smart choice.

Even if we did everything in our power to sign him, it wouldn't have been the smartest career option for him.

And while he might cost a lot more than 12m in three years time, he will also be a far more developed, and polished player if his career trajectory keep going upwards.

It'll be worth the money. Would you anyway really trust Barça right now to give him the conditions to become a superstar?

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Dembele is still very, very good. He's totally dominating Bundesliga as he did Ligue 1. Meanwhile, we spent that money on donkeys like Paco. We made a big mistake not doing more to sign him this summer. People want to feel good about us doing everything we could have done to sign him, but I doubt very much that we actually did, considering our track record of signing players. He'll cost a truck load of money if he decides to leave and its far from certain we can compete with the money of PL clubs, RM and PSG when that happens. People said he was nowhere near good enough 6 months ago to warrant a high price because he played for Rennes and "hadnt proven anything". Just look at the first few pages in this thread. For anyone who actually watched him in Ligue 1, it was obvious he was a superstar in the making.

If he had come to us he would sit on the bench most of the time, which is not good at all for his development. He knew that, that's why he chose a team like BVB where he is guaranteed some serious playing time.

To be honest I did not watch him that much when he was in Ligue 1 but I have watched almost every single BVB game after he joined them and I have not been as impressed as I thought I would be. Still a very promising player, still probably worth securing, but I don't think he is good enough to have a serious contribution to us at this moment.

khaled_a_d

Any attacker who would have agreed to join us would have needed an IQ check,there is a reason we ended up with a "donkey" Paco after chasing like a dozen of other players.
It takes 3 sides to agree a deal,and there was no way we would have got Ousmane approval for the deal. No matter how "enough" we have done.
Until we decide to move Messi to midfield or Suarez starts to decline enough to go to bench,no good attacker will come here.

gregorrin10

Any attacker who would have agreed to join us would have needed an IQ check,there is a reason we ended up with a "donkey" Paco after chasing like a dozen of other players.
It takes 3 sides to agree a deal,and there was no way we would have got Ousmane approval for the deal. No matter how "enough" we have done.
Until we decide to move Messi to midfield or Suarez starts to decline enough to go to bench,no good attacker will come here.

That's why it was so vital to keep our own Munir, who had more than just money as the main reason for being here...he actually liked it here, was happy, even with limited opportunities, but he started to capitalize on those limited opportunities a lot during last season, so i think his game time would only improve, had he been still here this season. But no, we go and screw both of them...Munir can't excel in such a shit team that is Valencia right now, and Paco's just not good enough to excel here even with such quality support team to back him. Idiots, everyone of them (our Board and Lucho, who let him go). Oh, and also 40M down the drain.

Heck even Sandro is scoring for fun right now, although that's more because Malaga is exactly the level, that he should be playing at, while Munir has potential to actually star for us one day, but is being wasted at a club currently in shambles and fighting even to survive in La Liga.

Keeping Munir would've been perfect, as he'd serve as a semi-reliable back up to Suarez (which Paco has not), plus he can actually play on the wings as well, which Paco cannot. And then in like 3 years time just in case Messi does actually move to midfield, we could've brought this kid (Dembele) as our perfect new RW, he'll be a beast in 3 years if he stays in Dortmund. And if Munir wouldn't turn out like we hoped, we could go for someone like Dybala too i guess, but for that we'd need big big money by then. Hell, even Dembele will probably be worth at least 50 in 3 years, if he keeps his game up.

Last edited:

DonAK

If he continues his progression, he would be the perfect player for the RW if Messi moves down to a more of a CAM role in 2-3 years.

navidjaan

If he continues his progression, he would be the perfect player for the RW if Messi moves down to a more of a CAM role in 2-3 years.

If our next coach will play false 9 again, then there's room on the RW :)

For example, Sampaoli (remove Dybala with Dembele):

[tw]820951568241618945[/tw]

Pretty sure Sampaoli also used Alexis as false 9 at Chile.

Eusebio also likes the false 9. Used Denis multiple times there at Barça B, and Rafinha, Luis Alberto and Deulofeu (in the same season) before Denis.

Oscar Garcia used false 9 at Juvenil A, too (Deulofeu).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Home of Barca Fans