11 - Raphinha

jamrock

I'm thinking me might be the odd man out at the start of the season and even more so when everyone is fit.

I can see flick going with.

Olmo
Gundogan
Yamal

Christensen
Casado

To start the season, or maybe I'll drop gundogan back for Casado to have experience players in the starting XI, in which case he will start.

But once Gavi, pedri and De Jong gets back, he will have to fight for a place in the starting, I can see him getting good minutes, but across the 3 behind lewa and not nailing down any specific starting position.

Another bonus of signing Olmo, that one signing means there will be more competition for starting places, which can only be a good thing.

Birdy

After signing Olmo, I don't think we will see him in that AM role that might be his best fit

It's pretty obvious he will be Lamine's sub this season (of course Lamine should not play twice per week at his age, but he will play the important games)

jamrock

BS rumor, but man U showing interest, a good 70m bid and I'd sell him, we could do a combo deal 130m for him and de jong, could change everything.

Get a DM and another winger for probably less.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
BS rumor, but man U showing interest, a good 70m bid and I'd sell him, we could do a combo deal 130m for him and de jong, could change everything.

Get a DM and another winger for probably less.
If true. But is there any good enough winger around 50-60m? Nico is not coming and he should be a priority. We should wait and go for him next summer.
And we have Olmo who can cover his spot. Win-win

JamDav1982

Years loan swap for Rashford be decent.

Risk is Rashford has one of his down seasons.. but upside is huge if he gets back on it.

If Man Utd offer the money and he is willling he is gone.

Dalot & Rashford for Raphinha please United.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Rashford is pish in my very humble opinion.

Has one good game in 15, even when he scores his general game is rubbish, and can't play against low blocks. One of the most overrated players I have seen in almost 40 years watching football. Total bluffer. Not that I rate Raphinha either.

Reactions: BJJ

Maradona37

Rashford at his best is a 100m+ player.
LOL is he fuck. You're getting carried away with the hype - I notice you seem to have a positive spin on anything Man United often.

Even at his 'best' his all-round game, first touch is an abomination, and he's at his 'best' one season out of five. Even at his best his general play is abysmal and he can't play against low blocks as I said.

What you seem to be failing to understand is 'at their best' every player is worth a fortune, because every player can play above themselves sometimes. It's consistency that is the key and Rashford totally lacks that.

Like I say, one of the most overrated players I have seen in 40 years. he's a total bluffer - you're falling for the hype like plenty on Redcafe (not all to be fair). Next you'll be telling me he's up there with Mbappe.

You can't just look at a player at their 'best' which in Rashford's case is 10 percent of the time.

Don't fall for the hype mate. I could go on but that's enough.

Maradona37

Anyway not in the mood to argue - just looking here quicky before I head out.

But having Rashford instead of Raphinha is just swapping one set of problems for another and exactly the type of thing Barca's board shouldn't be doing but likely would if they had the chance.

companyofcules

Rashford at his best is a 100m+ player.

Rashford at his worst is shite.

He goes from one to another in last few seasons.

Raphinha is a 60m type player more consistently.

Would take the gamble on getting a tune out of Rashford and his pace for what squad lacks.
Rash at his best is 40
At his worse is 3 mil Legia Warsaw starter.
At least Raphina has a decent brain and in space he is not bad at all.
If Nico is 60, Raphinha is 60 too.
Rash is 40 for lacking brains

Maradona37

Of course he is.. two seasons ago he is easily that level.

40 goals/assists with that pace is huge asset.
Too much wanking over stats. I watched him the entire season and his general play was still absolutely abysmal.

And seeing as you love stats, he scored less goals in the league than Ivan Toney. Scored a lot in the cups and EL.

Plus like I say it was ONE SEASON. It was an anomaly statistically that will never be repeated.

JamDav1982

Anyway not in the mood to argue - just looking here quicky before I head out.

But having Rashford instead of Raphinha is just swapping one set of problems for another and exactly the type of thing Barca's board shouldn't be doing but likely would if they had the chance.

Would rather take the punt on what Rashford can bring than what Raphinha does.. could go wrong absolutely.

Thats the punt.

At worst lose back up RW.. at best have LW with pace and ability to run in behind in way dont currently.

Home of Barca Fans