11 - Raphinha

Maradona37

Haha no.. I said Toney is good and a CF.. so it is no real argument against it anyway...

What are you going on about?

Couldnt care less if Rashford would score less at CF anymore than how much worse Toney would be LW.

Again.. couldnt care less about Rashford at CF.
You said Toney is a CF, I took it as an insinuation that it is easier for a CF to score than LW. A lot of people say that, and it isn't true.

If that is not what you meant then fair enough, but not sure why you needed to bring up Toney's position in that case.

JamDav1982

You said Toney is a CF, I took it as an insinuation that it is easier for a CF to score than LW. A lot of people say that, and it isn't true.

If that is not what you meant then fair enough, but not sure why you needed to bring up Toney's position in that case.

Yes he is a CF and a good player.. would expect him to score goals.

Not difficult to understand and irrelevant to any point made.

Co0ter

Raphinha is a good, hardworking player but he commands zero respect on the wing, less and less the wider he goes. He's just not what Barca needs from a winger. I like him a lot regardless, despite being frustrating to watch because of this.

Maradona37

Aye Man Utd were better than just 'parking the bus' and even the heavily critical Keane etc mentioned it.

Top praise.
Keane is a moron and terrible pundit though. Using him to give credence to your opinion is always a slippery slope.

United put together some nice moves in the first half. In the second they resorted to long pumps into the channels and getting in behind with pace. Nothing wrong with that but it won't succeed over a league season.

But continue to cling to that.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

He isn't, not at all. He's nowhere near good enough for a team that aspires to be one of the best teams in the world, definitely not as a starter. Jammy is just getting carried away and seems to have a weird soft spot for Man United - he was defending their performance against City the other day too, even though City were the better team.

Oh i was talking about Raphi

Rashy had a great peak and in his peak form he is an insane player but was too inconsistent during his career, a bit like Dybala

Maradona37

While likes of you will claim Ronaldo etc were all PR.

Believe it.

Rashford a couple seasons back is on a level Raphinha wont get near.
I didn't say Ronaldo was all PR - but he does have an insane PR team. Obviously still a great player and miles better at his peak than Rashford will ever be.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Raphinha as I have never even mentioned him - NEITHER are good enough.

You're the one who invented a total hypothetical out of the blue that will never happen about taking Rashford instead of Raphinha. Rashford would never leave Man U for Barca and his wages make it a non starter anyway, regardless of the voices in your head.

Fati_Future_BallonDor

Raphinha is a good, hardworking player but he commands zero respect on the wing, less and less the wider he goes. He's just not what Barca needs from a winger. I like him a lot regardless, despite being frustrating to watch because of this.

And his dribbling skills are too bad for a winger

JamDav1982

Keane is a moron and terrible pundit though. Using him to give credence to your opinion is always a slippery slope.

United put together some nice moves in the first half. In the second they resorted to long pumps into the channels and getting in behind with pace. Nothing wrong with that but it won't succeed over a league season.

But continue to cling to that.

Haha.. Keane is critical of Man Utd.

While stating Man Utd had 40% of ball and same number of chances in response to it being made out they parked the bus is fair comment.

Seems to have stung you badly though.

Maradona37

Yes he is a CF and a good player.. would expect him to score goals.

Not difficult to understand and irrelevant to any point made.
Yeah but he outscored Rashford, as did Callum Wilson, that's my point.

Is Wilson going for 100m? Taking into account his older age.

Clinging to one anomalous season where he scored far more goals than before or ever will again is desperate behaviour. Ironically what you castigated jamrock for with Raphinha in the season Barca won the league

JamDav1982

I didn't say Ronaldo was all PR - but he does have an insane PR team. Obviously still a great player and miles better at his peak than Rashford will ever be.

I don't know why you keep bringing up Raphinha as I have never even mentioned him - NEITHER are good enough.

You're the one who invented a total hypothetical out of the blue that will never happen about taking Rashford instead of Raphinha. Rashford would never leave Man U for Barca and his wages make it a non starter anyway, regardless of the voices in your head.

I started by mentioning Raphinha... the whole point is Rashford or Raphinha.

Yet you ask why he us brought up and make terrible points about Ivan Toney..

Maradona37

Oh i was talking about Raphi

Rashy had a great peak and in his peak form he is an insane player but was too inconsistent during his career, a bit like Dybala
Peak form that he reaches every 5 seasons?

His first touch is mediocre as is his link up play. He's the classic case of a player's stats being far better than his general performance.

JamDav1982

Yeah but he outscored Rashford, as did Callum Wilson, that's my point.

Is Wilson going for 100m? Taking into account his older age.

Clinging to one anomalous season where he scored far more goals than before or ever will again is desperate behaviour. Ironically what you castigated jamrock for with Raphinha in the season Barca won the league

Good for him... he is a CF and a good player.

Irrelevant to any point made.

JamDav1982

Peak form that he reaches every 5 seasons?

His first touch is mediocre as is his link up play. He's the classic case of a player's stats being far better than his general performance.

No it isnt... he tore Barca a new arse hole that season with his pace etc.

Not all just about stats.

Maradona37

Haha.. Keane is critical of Man Utd.

While stating Man Utd had 40% of ball and same number of chances in response to it being made out they parked the bus is fair comment.

Seems to have stung you badly though.
Yeah stung me badly. I have predicted Man United's failures and laughed at them over the last 11 years - but a meaningless Community Shield game they ultimately lost has 'stung me badly'. I will laugh at them struggling again this season.

Do better.

Home of Barca Fans