11 - Raphinha

Sooke

I presume they will both play not share the RW

OK. We have two injury prone youngsters at the wings, Dembouz and Ansumane. Either one of them ( I hope not both at the same time ) will be out of action after 5-6 weeks. That is why, we can start Dembele at the LW and Raphinha at the RW. Both Fati and Torres will substitute them. I know, there are many members of this forum, who wants to see Fati as a starter. They need to take off their pink glasses and see the reality, which is, Ansumane has a chronic problems in both, his ankles and knees. And no surgeon in this world can fix that. Dembouz is exactly the same think. They are like a time bombs, you never know when they will goes off.

terryzinc

OK. We have two injury prone youngsters at the wings, Dembouz and Ansumane. Either one of them ( I hope not both at the same time ) will be out of action after 5-6 weeks. That is why, we can start Dembele at the LW and Raphinha at the RW. Both Fati and Torres will substitute them. I know, there are many members of this forum, who wants to see Fati as a starter. They need to take off their pink glasses and see the reality, which is, Ansumane has a chronic problems in both, his ankles and knees. And no surgeon in this world can fix that. Dembouz is exactly the same think. They are like a time bombs, you never know when they will goes off.

What a real team does is not re-sign injury prone players. How complicated is that? Then you don't have to bring in Raphina for way too much money. Another ridiculous Barto style move.

This team is wasting money on players who cannot score goals. We keep adding players who cannot score goals and we let Messi go when we could have kept him and not added these terrible players.

Sooke

What a real team does is not re-sign injury prone players. How complicated is that? Then you don't have to bring in Raphina for way too much money. Another ridiculous Barto style move.

This team is wasting money on players who cannot score goals. We keep adding players who cannot score goals and we let Messi go when we could have kept him and not added these terrible players.

I agree with you. That is 200 % true. We sign forwards who can't score. Among them are Dembele, Braithwaite and F.Torres. I hope for the money we have paid for Raphinha he will be an exception.

Devils

Joga Bonito has arrived!

FXtZSVWVQAcjlOJ

Laplacian

I feel like some of you just want to complain for the sake of complaining. We're adding Lewandowski to the team, fellas. A striker capable of scoring 40 goals supplied by creative wingers capable of scoring 10 each. Then we have Auba and Torres as substitutes. The squad building is expensive but it actually makes sense. Relax.

The only weird decision really is the structure of the midfield, we're depending heavily on Busquets and two kids. Kessie right now is an unknown factor.

El Gato

Villarato!
People on about Raphinha being waste of money when Bielsa said he's far and away Leeds best player, half the Premier League wanted him and he's one of the reasons for Sporting resurgence to top of Portuguese league when they still had him and Bruno.

Top10 Premier League player in shots, key passes, dribbles, crosses
3rd in nutmegs in all top 5 leagues
Starter for Brazil

Think only downside ever mentioned is he can get hotheaded when things dont go team's way

Honestly of all Barca players he'd be first I'd worry about if I were Real defense should his transfer come to pass.
It's he and Dembele types that we consistently struggle to defend.

vegitot

Really, a player with 35% successful dribble??? Most key passes are simply side pass and cross rather than through/long ball

fergus90

He's class, if you've watched him plenty and still think anything different then fair enough but this lad is a serious footballer.

Will be a great asset to La Liga.

El Gato

Villarato!
Really, a player with 35% successful dribble??? Most key passes are simply side pass and cross rather than through/long ball

% itself means nothing as gotta factor in the amount of dribbles he attempts, otherwise you'll be comparing Raphinha with 140 dribbles to Kovacic with 60
He's was 3rd in league for attempted dribbles and worst of the three as consistently asked to do too much, just like Newcastle and Watford players ahead of him
When consider the company of the top25 most frequent dribblers, he's done very well for a relegation team player

No key passes arent only a side pass and even if is it'll include those which should have ended in a goal but Leeds dont have a reliable striker
And he was a winger in a Bielsa system. Won't play long balls

Devils

I like that he looks like one of those South American THUGS that you don't want to to mess with.

Anti-Sergi Roberto

vegitot

% itself means nothing as gotta factor in the amount of dribbles he attempts, otherwise you'll be comparing Raphinha with 140 dribbles to Kovacic with 60
He's was 3rd in league for attempted dribbles and worst of the three as consistently asked to do too much, just like Newcastle and Watford players ahead of him
When consider the company of the top25 most frequent dribblers, he's done very well for a relegation team player

No key passes arent only a side pass and even if is it'll include those which should have ended in a goal but Leeds dont have a reliable striker
And he was a winger in a Bielsa system. Won't play long balls

Look like you describe Neymar rather than Raphinha. His success rate is very low mean he isn't that great dribbler, won't cause much trouble for Real's defense.

Already had Dembele for spamming cross. So need a better through/long ball from winger rather than just another crosser.

Home of Barca Fans