11 - Raphinha

Porque

I'm not going to start an discussion as I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you.

My point on Alemany leaving is because he disagree's with the sporting project which seems to be loading the salary cap on high wages for players with no resale value in Inigo, Gundagon, Carrasco and then Messi on super high wages coupled with % of profits rumoured that will also effect our cap.

All this while having to reduce 200m in the salary cap itself, and also having to get Araujo, Gavi and Balde wages inside the Cap.

That's a huge swing and drastically reduces are negotiating power, which Alemany leaving is a testimony to if you like.

Had Alemany stayed and had influence, I'd imagine the strategy would work with much narrower margins to get under the 200m and without loading the cap with Messi and a lesser extent Inigo. And that itself gives us more power to negotiate sale's prices.

vuji_31

Well it shows that our sporting project is a mess with our SD jumping ship, and buying clubs will take note.

Moussa Diaby
Ousmane Dembele
Bryan Mbueno
Malcom
Bryan Mbueno
Marcos Asensio
Kubo
Chukwedze
Mahrez(?)
Gnabry (?)
Pikachu
Jesus.

If you think this idiots are better then Rapinha then let's sell Pedri and replace bim with Canales.

Mahrez not for sale, Diaby still in Lever with hot and cold plays, Reals substitute, Mbueno LOL, Chukuweze maybe, he is alao still Villareal lvl, Gnabry slow af for winger...

All of them are sus, doubt they would outperform Rapinha, which I don't rate high.

All lf them would be expensive but not proven to be upgrade.

Porque

Jesus.

If you think this idiots are better then Rapinha then let's sell Pedri and replace bim with Canales.

Mahrez not for sale, Diaby still in Lever with hot and cold plays, Reals substitute, Mbueno LOL, Chukuweze maybe, he is alao still Villareal lvl, Gnabry slow af for winger...

All of them are sus, doubt they would outperform Rapinha, which I don't rate high.

All lf them would be expensive but not proven to be upgrade.

Well the question is, if Newcastle offer 80m for a RW who would accept.

Only clubs in the world off the top of my head that wouldn't accept 80m for their right winger are probably Madrid with Rodrygo (though Perez took the Casemiro money so you never know) and Arsenal with Saka. Oh and Man Utd with Antony, but only because they paid that amount last season.

That makes every other player in the world fair game, so at that point are you saying that Raphinha is the 3rd best right winger in the world?

I think City would take 80m for Mahrez (doubt Mahrez would make the move tbf) and possibly Liverpool would accept for Salah (likewise doubt he'd take the move) for example, for different motives.

And this is linearly sticking to that 80m having to be spent on the RW. If they pivoted that 80m to other positions there are many more better options.

Asensio is on a free for example, with the same numbers as Raphi but a fraction of the minutes. So it is not a case of 80m on him.

I don't see much difference between Raphi and Malcom tbf, but that is a personal opinion and highly debatable. Bad timing for our move when not needed, killing it right now in Russia. Again that's a 40/50m move.

Then the rest is about what price they would go for (obv less than 80m) and what they would offer Newcastle compared to Raphinha.

Lastly, Raphinha and Dembele are great squad options for us. 80m is something we can't turn down. And if he is sold we wouldn't get a Canales level replacement, we would be in all likelihood be getting Messi back. Or switching that money to be used on the LW/ST for Vitor Roque, or the offensive midfield for Gabriel Veiga while bringing Abde back.

JamDav1982

There is no way Barca turn down 80m for Raphinha but doubt very much get that offer.

If they got offered that it would free up enough to sign Messi most likely.. at least on a one year contract.

iniestaGOAT

Raphinha considers leaving Barcelona this summer because he fears his minutes will drop with Dembélé regaining his spot in the starting XI and Messi's possible return. His most likely destination is the Premier League.
@sport

mc_lovin

Would be nice for a player to actually prioritize his situation instead of just wanting to stay at Barcelona as the default option.

Get that dirty PL cash (although I quite like Raphina). Wouldn't mind selling Dembele instead either.

vuji_31

Raphinha considers leaving Barcelona this summer because he fears his minutes will drop with Dembélé regaining his spot in the starting XI and Messi's possible return. His most likely destination is the Premier League.
@sport
Not bad.

I think we can even profit on him, with this stats in first season we can't lose money no way.

Bad thing is we will probably bring some idiot.

Birdy

@sport

Same piece here:
@ManagingBarca
·
8h

| BREAKING: Raphinha is considering LEAVING FC Barcelona this summer for sporting reasons.
@joaquimpiera

IMO this is all the club itself spreading its fake news to start a smear/push out campaign.
NOt bad, as I want Raphinia badly gone and get some decent money for him

ajnotkeith

Don't sell if it's not at least what we paid.

I think for a first season he's been good. Not bad at all. It might not be as easy to find a backup that does as well as him when he has the chance.

Birdy

Don't sell if it's not at least what we paid.

I think for a first season he's been good. Not bad at all. It might not be as easy to find a backup that does as well as him when he has the chance.
He doesn't fit what our winger needs to do despite his numbers.

He is also the only one out of the three (Ansu, Ferran, him) we can sell for decent money
50-60m from EPL, and he is gone in a heartbeat

ajnotkeith

He doesn't fit what our winger needs to do despite his numbers.

He is also the only one out of the three (Ansu, Ferran, him) we can sell for decent money
50-60m from EPL, and he is gone in a heartbeat
He has flaws, but his movement and work rate is fantastic, decent shot on him, good mentality, can find worse.

Dembele is better obviously but he's more ball to feet so in some games Raphinha could be useful for a change of approach.

Agreed he would get the biggest fee out of those 3, but he should be lowest priority to go if we can get decent offers for the other two, because I think he could also improve next season.

Birdy

He has flaws, but his movement and work rate is fantastic, decent shot on him, good mentality, can find worse.

Dembele is better obviously but he's more ball to feet so in some games Raphinha could be useful for a change of approach.

Agreed he would get the biggest fee out of those 3, but he should be lowest priority to go if we can get decent offers for the other two, because I think he could also improve next season.
Xavi's approach is ball-to-feet, isolation winger, with high capacity for creativity and dribbling.
There couldn't be a worse fit than Raphinia

yes, under a different system, and in a different position, he could work out.

IMO, he should be the highest priority to go if you combine the sporting and financial aspect of it

Givenchy

We are at a point where the club is in more danger when it actually has money to spend. If we got our money back or a small profit, great but to then waste it bringing back Messi or even worse, Dani Olmo.. can't trust those in charge.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
We are at a point where the club is in more danger when it actually has money to spend. If we got our money back or a small profit, great but to then waste it bringing back Messi or even worse, Dani Olmo.. can't trust those in charge.

Faulty logic. You say board/club as if they are all the same. Bartomeu put the club in financial peril that years later the current board continues to negotiate out of while attempting to be competitive

Considering the recovery from the dire situation that was inherited, this board has saved the club and the outlook remains quite bright

Home of Barca Fans