14 - Javier Mascherano

Hektor

But I'm just saying, she complains about not knowing English, wouldn't it be obvious that she would have to learn it to be able to have a good social life in an English-speaking country? That's not something that you find out after you move there, it's a little obvious. I know it wasn't her decision to move originally, but since Masch cares enough about his wife's well-being now that he changes jobs for her and makes a big deal of it, why didn't he think of this possibility before he took the Liverpool job?

I feel more that he left because he wants trophies, but doesn't want to say that and is using his family as an excuse to hide the bigger picture.

Hi:

I have been to London many times, but never to Liverpool. Therefore, I have no idea what life in Liverpool is like. We are going in circles with this topic. The fact of the matter is that Mascherano was under the gun from his wife and children, for good reasons or not. Masche speaks English. I'm married and I know what wife wants, wife gets, sooner or later.

I have a question for you. Insua (not a big loss, imho) and Mascherano are gone from Liverpool. What is going to happen to Maxi Rodriguez (a shadow of what he used to be in 2001.) Is he gone, too?

Best regards,

Hektor

XaviMessiGirl

Insua is not gone, his deal fell through so he's still with Liverpool. I think Maxi will stay, he was given the opportunity to make a choice and he didn't move.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
Bwahahaha, yeah, nobody tried to suduce Pep's wife... It's just a joke thing here on the forum when Pep's "feeling" thing is thrown out, it happened with Yaya too...

XaviMessiGirl

Insua is a greedy prick, I hope him and his high wages rot on the bench.

I thought he was a player with potential but yeah, his wage demands were pathetic, especially for someone who is still pretty much unproven. Don't know what will happen with him this season, I don't think he even has a number right now so he probably won't be on first team.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
[YOUTUBE]w5c45PYLjes&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]_YNviKPgJwY&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]FXPlmgEJjGI&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]0AH7aG0wc8U&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]VhmGvJSOw-Q&feature=player_embedded#![/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]yImBLhVQ8NI&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]JbRTt8oEehE&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]CbafAMsoCKo&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]f3A2-yEqxp8&feature=player_embedded[/YOUTUBE]

IM SCARED

jamrock

Then why not just call ourselves Inter Milan. If anyone paid attention last year, when we had Bousquets + Keita or any two of the trio Yaya/Bousquets/Keita our possession was awful. We played Bousquets and Keita together and we looked lost. Sure we won but it was in an ugly fashion that a few were even complaining about. We move the ball less accurately and the passing in general is just slower and sloppy. We'd be more solid in defense for sure...but aren't we already solid enough with one DM in the first place?! Neither Mascherano or Sergi are versatile enough to offer anything else but their role, which is identical.

I'm still not sold on Sergi honestly, to me he's done absolutely nothing special. He's just a big guy taking up space. His passing is mediocre and he often holds onto the ball too long. He is also very error prone and lets face it, he reminds me of Ronaldo when he gets hit. I just dont like him much and he has a lot to prove. I honestly was very surprised to see him in Spains WC squad. I see him as massive potential, not massive quality..

DWL!!!!!

Hektor

I thought he was a player with potential but yeah, his wage demands were pathetic, especially for someone who is still pretty much unproven. Don't know what will happen with him this season, I don't think he even has a number right now so he probably won't be on first team.

Hi:

Emiliano Insua was the captain of the Argentina U-20 team that did not qualify for the U-20 World Cup. He did not impress me even at U-20 level. Now, his elder brother, Federico Insua was a hell of a player. He played for Independiente, my team, and together with Montenegro, we won our last title in Argentina.

Hektor

Hektor

Hi:

Here are some very good articles about Mascherano in Sports (Please, do not ask me to translate them - they are too many.) It is basically what I said in my "take on Mascherano," but more professional. The first one is like a scouting report:

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idnoticia_PK=724831&idseccio_PK=803

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724826

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724847

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724824

http://www.sport.es/default.asp?idpublicacio_PK=44&idioma=CAS&idtipusrecurs_PK=7&idnoticia_PK=724818

Another article from EMD:

http://www.elmundodeportivo.es/gen/20100828/53991503855/noticia/mascherano-el-segurata-de-messi.html

Mascherano is a throw-back to the quintessential Argentine Md's. He reminds a lot of people of the legendary Nestor Rossi, who played in the 50-60's. He is even before my time and obviously Mascherano, who modeled himself after Redondo y Guardiola. Rossi was tough as nails and also an SOB on the pitch - but what a player. These are different times and Rossi would not survive with his old tactics.

I always remember what Pele told a reporter what happened when he played against Rossi. It seems that Pele tunneled Rossi and came up with one of his magical plays. When Rossi next approached Pele, in the game, he said: "Pibe (young man) very nice play; do not do it again." When the reporter asked Pele, "what did you do?" Pele responded: I stayed away from Rossi the rest of the game - he was tough!" However, Pele had nothing but complimentary comments about Rossi: "A fantastic player that are no longer produced."

Best regards,

Hektor

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans