14 - Javier Mascherano

J

Jordzibob

He is the team. In the words of Diego Maradona, its Javier Mascherano and ten men ;)

Tomchin

After starting today, he'll only start if Pep decides to play double pivot.
I'm not so sure. Aside from Adriano (and Mascherano?) Pep played our best 11 today, so maybe Mascherano is considered a part of the best 11 now? I think there's 0% chance that we'll start with a double pivot btw.

I'd like to see him get the start in the Clasico surely. Maybe someone could open a poll, "Who should start at DM in the Clasico: Mascherano or Busquets"?

J

Jordzibob

I'd like to start both in the Clasico but I dont think its an absolute neccessity. Busquets owned Ozil in the Semi Final vs Germany, and Ozil is playing the same role here, except he'll be all on his own attacking in that respect from the midfield, because Alonso and Khedira will be given the job of tracking Iniesta and Xavi.

veryfatchocobo

I don't think we did, but we don't have 4 pure defenders this time around. So I'm suspecting a a 2-DM system to cover for Dani Alves' forward runs or we'll play with a 3-4-3, dropping either Villa or Pedro.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'd like to start both in the Clasico but I dont think its an absolute neccessity. Busquets owned Ozil in the Semi Final vs Germany, and Ozil is playing the same role here, except he'll be all on his own attacking in that respect from the midfield, because Alonso and Khedira will be given the job of tracking Iniesta and Xavi.

Busquets owned Oezil (and then Sneijder) because Spain played a double piviot, and while Sergi was shadowing Mesut (and then Wesley) Xabi stayed in front of the back four, shielding them.

what we should do is deploy Busquets in the Xabi role, shielding, and have Mascherano chase Oezil and CR around like a rabid dog.

we'll see, though.

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Busquets owned Oezil (and then Sneijder) because Spain played a double piviot, and while Sergi was shadowing Mesut (and then Wesley) Xabi stayed in front of the back four, shielding them.

what we should do is deploy Busquets in the Xabi role, shielding, and have Mascherano chase Oezil and CR around like a rabid dog.

we'll see, though.

Yeah, I hope we play a double pivot against Madrid so that Mascherano can play, we need someone who is the master of countering counter attacks in the team to nullify Ronaldo and Di Maria.

J

Jordzibob

Not that you can blame him, Busquets is awesome. He only has a bad reputation around the world for the Inter game, where contrary to popular belief, Motta should and rightfully was sent off

Home of Barca Fans