14 - Javier Mascherano

J

Jordzibob

There's not even an argument against it. Motta put his hands up to Busquets face. Whether or not Busquets made a meal out of it is invalid, the second you do that to a player you run the risk of getting a yellow because that is in the rules of the game. Motta was also stupid, we all know Busquets has a tendency to ovvereact so if he'd done his homework he would of known not to do that to a player like Busquets. But like I said, you put your hands up to a players face, your getting at least a yellow. That's the rule in football. Not to mention Motta then tried to throttle Busquets.

Tomchin

by then it could be too late... pep likes busi way too much for the good of the team
Prior to last night, I thought that Busquets would definitely start against Pana, and then also in the Clasico. Considering that Mascherano played again yesterday night, I'm not so sure anymore....

Tomchin

Did Mascherano really say that?
Sure, here's the full transcript in Spanish:

"El hecho de que haya jugado dos partidos de titular no quiere decir nada. Tengo claro que Sergio es el titular por todo lo que está haciendo en los últimos años, y yo intento hacerlo lo mejor posible para ayudar al equipo y para que no se note una ausencia tan importante como la suya".

C

crackh0e

Mascherano has to play on Monday. Playing a bit more conservative against Real will be essential. Also, he has been very impressive in his last games. If Masch and Busquets play together @ El Clasico, I think Barca will win. If it doesn't happen on Monday, I will be a very nervous man.

Real can be compared to Germany in the World Cup, a great counter-attacking team, while Barca is like Spain, only better because of Messi. Spain played with Busquets and Alonso as a double pivot, and it worked to nullify the counters. Mascherano is better defensively than Alonso, so it can be even better with Barca.

So, Pep, please play Mascherano and Busquets on Monday.

10Rivaldo

Hoy, mañana y siempre traductor
Mascherano has to play on Monday. Playing a bit more conservative against Real will be essential. Also, he has been very impressive in his last games. If Masch and Busquets play together @ El Clasico, I think Barca will win. If it doesn't happen on Monday, I will be a very nervous man.

Real can be compared to Germany in the World Cup, a great counter-attacking team, while Barca is like Spain, only better because of Messi. Spain played with Busquets and Alonso as a double pivot, and it worked to nullify the counters. Mascherano is better defensively than Alonso, so it can be even better with Barca.

+1

silky_soccer

Fireman Sam

So then what? Drop Xavi? Iniesta? Pedro?(scorer in the last classico?) because one of them will have to be dropped if we play with both
Stop making it sound like its the blatantly obvious thing to do.

J

Jordzibob

Bring Pedro on as an impact sub. Or drop Villa, who I dont reckon will do much vs Madrid.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Mascherano: "Sergio [Busquets] is the starter and my task is to make sure to replace him well if he doesn't play."
Niiiiiiiiiice, he seems to understand the baby-dog thing for now. Well done.

Really looking forward to the battle next year. He could well drive Busquets to become a massive player if the last one keeps progressing the way he does combined with the competition. :dance:

But let's be careful, who knows he just gets annoyed with not being first in line in a few months and it goes wrong ...

nebeer

Love is All

I like what you are saying. Fielding both Masch and Sergi would make us feel more safer and also free up the attacking players more mentally to go for their build ups. The disadvantage of the double pivot would be that we have to bench Pedro, whose pace and contribution may be very useful in the game. Besides, a double pivot would also push Iniesta in the flanks, even though it is best to have him in the midfield with Xavi. Now it would be really interesting to see what Pep goes for tomorrow.

Bring Pedro on as an impact sub. Or drop Villa, who I dont reckon will do much vs Madrid.

Yeah bringing on Pedro as a super sub can work. Though I would keep Villa on from the very beginning as he is at all times, against any opposition is a threat and would demand attention from defenders, which would give other attackers more space and time. In fact, keeping a Villa-Messi-Pedro front line can be very helpful as it would mean that Madrid defenders have to deal with more attackers. Obviously Alves and Iniesta would go up as well. It would help them move the ball quickly in the final third of the pitch and create chances.

Pepe Silvia

Although this guy didn't get no air time today, it was funny watching him in his jacket on the sidelines after the CR Pep shove debacle. He just stood there on standby just in case shit popped off poker faced up. It was great to know that if things got sticky, Masch would be there to destroy their whole team on a solo mission.

Home of Barca Fans