14 - Javier Mascherano

Galning

Since when is 1m78 tall? I'm not saying he is small but for a CB he definitely doesn't have a regular height. If you look at other CB's at top teams...
Piqué: 1m92, Vidic: 1m89, Ferdinand: 1m96, Pepe: 1m87, Terry: 1m87, ....

Silver

When did I say that small people can't play CB?
I'm just saying that most CB's are tall.

I didnt say you said or think that ;)

I just gave another example of someone who was considered as a world class CB who was not that tall.
I think its a huge advantage to be a tall CB. Puyol is an exception because he can jump very high.
Puyol is a very hard hard worker =)

FreshPrince

I didnt say you said or think that ;)

I just gave another example of someone who was considered as a world class CB who was not that tall.
I think its a huge advantage to be a tall CB. Puyol is an exception because he can jump very high.
Puyol is a very hard hard worker =)

Indeed. I think he's the best and CB and it doesn't matter, that he isn't the tallest. His height is enough catch the high shoots.

gingerless

puyol jumps like a beast, see him at the world cup? flying against germany and i forgot which team it was but his ass was on the defenders head. his ASS!

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Was rewatching the Levante match, this time from an ESPN cap...An interesting topic that the commentators brought up that I didn't really pay too much attention from my crap stream during the match...They talked about what it meant, ultimately, for Masch to be subbed off so soon in the 2nd half, so soon after a goal by Barca & ultimately so soon for a player who didn't appear to be playing poorly (i.e. making errors)

They wondered what this meant by Pep and what it does for a player like Masch who isn't accustomed to such a substitution at that point in a match...I wonder now, as well

Anyone weigh in on this, or is this much ado about nothing?

Home of Barca Fans