14 - Javier Mascherano

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
i do not dislike mashercano i think he is one the best DM in the world... but not better than yaya...but i do feel javier pupu zanetti should be our captain...

i do not feel masherano should come to Barça

Zanela... i never seen this side of you! i kind of like it though!

zanela

Sorry...I couldn't find a smiley mystified enough to respond to this post.
Do you have an actual reason for hating Mascherano, other than him being a "nut case", and "ugly"?

U seem to be a mascherano admirer, who picked only 2 words frm my post :lol:. Btw, hate is too negative an emotion to endorse or dwell on. Ask diegomessi, im a very loving person and dnt hate any1/anythin in the world.:lol: i dnt hate mascherano but i wont keep quite wen sme1 tries to ridicule a footballing legend to big up another player who ll never ever be even half as good a footballer as the latter in his lifetime.

Besides wht is so gr8 abt mascherano? he gives away far too many fouls, has a really bad temper tht can smetimes prove decisive in games, doesnt have an iota of creativity in him(though not a requisite for his position) but his team suffers due it wen he plays agst small/midtable clubs who park the bus agst thm. Players like him are only useful in 10 games a season (the big games in Europe and the league) & hez pretty much redundant for the rest of the season. If Gerrard gets marked out of the game & Alonso isnt playing or having an off day, Mascherano ll do fuck all to bail thm out. While u can expect Yaya to save our asses even wen our other 2 creative midfielders are struggling to make an impact...Also, can u imagine Mascherano being our makeshift central-defender alongside Piqué :lol:
Anyway, Yaya Toure is a more complete and more skillful player thn Mascherano. And Liverpool cud sure do wit a player like our Ivorian who might just help convert those draws in to wins for thm...Somethin which has cost thm the league in recent seasons....And Fortunately, we have him and liverpool dnt and i dnt see y it shud change.Yaya Toure > Mascherano
And yeh...hez still a nutcase :lol:

Zanela... i never seen this side of you! i kind of like it though!

Thts because u 've missed 2 week of action :lol:
Anyway, Welcome bck. we 've missed u :)...And, i dnt see too many posts of urs today...Is tht a conscious effort on ur part after wht hap the last time?

JALJM

I am an admirer of mascherano...he's quick, smart, reads the game perfectly and is a great tackler. I just really don't see the nutcase connection. For Liverpool, he has like 1 redcard for arguing with a ref, not much more. I recall you stating your love for De Rossi who has a much greater history of hotheadness against him :tongue:
He and Yaya are both great. Different strokes for different folks but I give Masch the edge.

FWIW, Zanetti is my favourite RB ever, but he is very much past his best. Zabaleta is arguably a better player right now (and Maradona won't pick him either, but would rather try Gago at RB :thumbdown:)

DivineVisitor

The Right One ⇩
I wanted to speak my part to do with people dissing Zanetti but it seems Zanela has all the bases covered :D

Dunno if the people saying Zanetti is "finished" etc watch much Serie A but he is probably one of Inter's most consistent players. Who while not often giving a mesmerising display never has a stinker either. He plays his role well. Heck i was at Hampden when he dribbled from one end of the pitch to the other and us Scot's aren't in the habit of letting many people do that, Scott Brown will usually nail them before he lets them go past. At 35 years old Zanetti still has excellent fitness, an eye for a pass, can tackle, two good feet, and his footballing brain. Yes he's past his best but he's not finished yet. Forza Zanetti!

zanela

oh puuhleeaaseeeeee! now u gonna compare De rossi :wub: with Mascherano...A WC winner who scores the kind of kick ass goals tht the nutcase can only dream of...De Rossi has so much class thn Mascherano tht it makes up for his hot-headedness :D

Anyway, Yaya may not be the quickest, but he too reads the game well, a good tackler, gives us tht strength in midfield which we otherwise lack, good going forward and fits our system perfectly.'If it ain't broke, don't fix it'.

And i never said Zanetti isnt past his best. But hez still a legend and trying to make fun of him by saying tht he was in an another player's pocket wen in reality he wasnt...just isnt the way to go...Zanetti may be 35 yrs old but hez still quicker thn pablo although i wudnt mind seeing him play there.

E

Esteve

Mascherano is top class. Not mad about him playing for Barça though. A midfield of Xavi, Iniesta & Mascherano = too small. Yaya is perfect for us.

zanela

Dunno if the people saying Zanetti is "finished" etc watch much Serie A but he is probably one of Inter's most consistent players. Who while not often giving a mesmerising display never has a stinker either. . He plays his role well. Heck i was at Hampden when he dribbled from one end of the pitch to the other and us Scot's aren't in the habit of letting many people do that, Scott Brown will usually nail them before he lets them go past. At 35 years old Zanetti still has excellent fitness, an eye for a pass, can tackle, two good feet, and his footballing brain. Yes he's past his best but he's not finished yet. Forza Zanetti!

I agree

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
Thts because u 've missed 2 week of action :lol:
Anyway, Welcome bck. we 've missed u :)...And, i dnt see too many posts of urs today...Is tht a conscious effort on ur part after wht hap the last time?

we've miss me... or you have missed me? ;) jk i am fiding myself increasinly busy as i am about to move to the States for a job.. i trying to get some post in though! thanks for the welcome back though!

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
How much it cost to land JM for barca? a ridiculously price i think. This summer transfer market is going mad. We will never sign him this summer. I don't know next summer, but now, we won't get him. And we actually don't need another DM this season. Pep made it clear, we want an AM, and we already have hleb. Yes he fail last season, but pep is giving him another chance.

So no DM this summer, especially with that hih prices. Even if the transfer market doesn't gone mad, it still will be an expensive signing.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Maradona knows his football and when he says he picks "Mascherano and 10 others" for Argentina that shows how much the GOAT player thinks of JM.

This will sound rude but anyone who doesn't realise what JM does for the team and what his skills are, are idiots. This isn't a biased opinion. Ever since the 2006 world cup JM has impressed me.

I also agree that Yaya is a better fit for Barca than JM. Only because of his phyisical presence alongside your midgets! Plus he can play centre back so for Barca Yaya is a better fit for the team.

But what pisses me off in this thread is that Zanela thinking he is a red card machine WHEN IN THEIR CAREER HISTORY Yaya has more red cards! She should really think and read before writing.

John Antonio Bilboa

Howard Roark laughed
Mascherano is quality no doubt about and lets be honest barca are cheap skates we ain't never gonna poach Mascherano for the following reason.

1. he has a long term contract with the pool.
2. He is 25 one of the best DM in the world.
3. His buy out clause is 50 million euros
4. and probably the most important reason= we are cheap skates

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Plus you have Yaya, who as I say is a better fit for your team right now. For us JM is because of his all round ability, his harrassing of the ball, his tackling and his reading of the game.

But can I go back to the OT incident please. I LOVED what JM did there because we were getting wiped out that game but he showed a passion for that shirt and when Torres was getting unfairly knocked down JM was the only one to protect him. Gerrard and Carragher was nowhere to be seen. Gerrard was probably being friendly with his ingerland mates and Carra was doing nothing when Torres was kick all over the place. But JM DID something he got in the faces of the mancs and the idiot referee and showed that Liverpool would not be walked on. So I fucking LOVED IT.

Home of Barca Fans