14 - Javier Mascherano

Miggy

Mr Lover Man
Yaya is wasted in defence. He shouldn't have to play there. We just got unlucky at the end of the season. He did his job though, and boy what a job!

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Yaya could then play a lot more games at the back for you too. But Rafa will want a big fee £30m plus.

I would ask for £30m plus Eto'o myself!

Interesting notion, a Yaya - Piqué central pairing? Could be.

Play hardball with Laporta and he'll probably give you 35m and Messi.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
I do feel JM owes us, but same applies to Xabi, if they don't want to be here then they can both piss off.

We won't win anything with unhappy players in the team.

sammy

Liberte, Egalite, Fraternite
I obviously don't think we can afford to sign him. We don't have the budget like man city or madrid.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Interesting notion, a Yaya - Piqué central pairing? Could be.

Play hardball with Laporta and he'll probably give you 35m and Messi.

Somehow I don't feel that would be good. He made a great effort for 2 matches, but I would not want Yaya to play CB regulary. But of course it could work, especially with Masch' on DM - he's an animal :lol:

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
He is but we have Yaya and Busquets who IMO will become the best holding midfielder in the world.

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
I'm all for us signing badger, he's stone-cold world-class at what he does.

what it would do is turn busquets back into a CM/AM (i.e. he would then be the xavi backup) which is a role we know he can do. although I do prefer him as a DM because he's a great worker, plus it'll be better for his international career if he's a DM. or even allow us to use yaya as a CM/AM, which again is something we know he can do. this in turn would allow us to use iniesta further forward which gives us the option of resting messi without totally killing our front-wide threat.

eddy, why did badger only play 31 games this season? was he injured for a period? I totally don't remember that.

of course the other thing to consider is why would we spend oodles on badger when we can swap caceres for poulsen? nowhere near as world-class, no, but relentlessly solid and we know he can perform in la liga (and he works well with keita).

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
No, but it's the most realistic. Pep said on the barca site he wanted a Dm who was "cheap" and "reliable". That screams of Poulsen, who I don't rate very highly to be honest, and I like the idea of how many options the signing of Badger would give us, he'd be fucking awesome in Spain. But I think we really don't have the budget at this point, unless the Ibra deal comes through slightly cheaper than expected and we make some cash from the sale of Guddy and Caceres (who is being whored out to Juve by his agent daily, by the way). January transfer window of next year is the only other option.

But I can see another positive in us breaking the bank (or close enough) to sign him - Pool will fight tooth and nail to the absolute end to hold onto Xabi, who's a fucking great player wanted by our rival. So it's tactical as well.

S

Snyde

I said looking at all things. That includes price, our transfer budget, the number of backups we can have for the DM spot...
Big money would be better spent on someone who can do even half of what Xavi does if we can spend big after Ibra at all.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think we kissed goodbye the sensible transfer policy with the Ibra signing. I wouldn´t be surprised if we went for Mascherano or Fabregas. Catalan press also seem confident about it.

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
Fabregas will be the promise for the next president.

So, another player after Zirkhov begging us to come and get him. Not bad.

Home of Barca Fans