14 - Javier Mascherano

xsever

MOTM for me. His tackles are simply magical and his interceptions are so seamless you don't ever worry in a 1-on-1 situation.

Great player and great dedication. Keep it up BEAST!

V

Valon

No we need a CB. Can't rely on Masch and Abidal all the time they are needed in their positions more sometimes.

So does this mean we are not buying any CB in the transfer window then? We have Masch, we have Abidal.
Not necessarily. Abidal and Mascherano may be adequate replacements for Puyol when he's injured but they'll not replace him when he retires, and even if it takes another 2-3 years before he does that it's a given that he'll no longer be able to perform at the same level.

So a starter CB, along with a ST should be our priority for next season IMO.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
Yeah, he has really staked his claim to a starting position. I would love to see him stay because he is perfect for us, but I wouldn't be surprised if he thought about his options.

Barcilliant

We would be CRAZY to sell this guy. Great attitude-never whined when he could have, pitbull on the pitch and versatile too.

I wouldnt sell him for 40 million. I think he is happy here and should stay. We need some pure tacklers in our team. He and Puyol are workhorses and essential to this squad.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
It wouldn't be down to us, it would be down to him. I too think he is happy and I think he will stay, but when Zubi and Pep address the areas where they think they'll need to improve on I think Mascherano will find himself with fewer guarantees on playing time and he won't want to hold onto hope that something similar will happen in the case of these injuries to our defense to get his chances. And remember he's still behind the younger (better for Barca) Busquets.

Hellsangel

He's such a good player in any defensive position.. Mascherano is awesome at CB which is great for 2 reasons:
1) we fill in a gap there
2) Badger gets many more minutes

Puyol; Pique, Abidal, Mascherano, Fontas -> we don't need another CB.

Left back against Real Madrid????

Bu3aLi

Always thought Masch will be important for the team. WAY BETTER THAN SERGIO !!!... I cant believe people actually like that idiot, every mistake he does either goes back as a goal or close to one !!..

Just look at the dumb idiot (sergio) in the Copa final before the goal, i could have done better my self !!.. Thats goal wouldn't have happened of Yaya toure was in that position !

Home of Barca Fans