14 - Javier Mascherano

P

PhilS

I thought Pep would start Mascherano in the Final. Puyol's injury was a good reason, but I think Pep would have found a reason to sit someone to get Masch out there. What a great first season! Like Afellay, Villa, and Adriano, players who proved both good enough and with the right attitudes to really help the team in their first year.

M

mitkoa7x

I thought Pep would start Mascherano in the Final. Puyol's injury was a good reason, but I think Pep would have found a reason to sit someone to get Masch out there. What a great first season! Like Afellay, Villa, and Adriano, players who proved both good enough and with the right attitudes to really help the team in their first year.

What final are you talking about? The supercup ?

E

estranged

I think Mascherano will stay at CB for a while, I don't see him leaving Barca since he never said a thing after sitting out most of the season on the bench. As said Pep will keep him in the squad. Pep likes his character a lot, and he has shown he can handle the responsibility of a new position at CB, and the more he plays there the better he will get no doubt. Definitely a good buy.

Barcafan 2304

Why? Thought he was ok last night before the sending off and really had a good run in in the latter half of the season. Hope because of one sending off, people are not going to question him again

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He was adequate but certainly not exemplary...Gave away a couple of balls deep in his own end, inexplicably...Sending off was unfortunate and he can't be too upset about the decision...They were both bookable offenses and when you're already on a booking, just seems poor on Javier's part to not show more restraint there...Of course, at the same time, the ref booked pretty quickly yet allowed several Uruguayans several fouls before booking them (Some of them, like Rios, never)

Felt like Uruguay watched The Gladiator before coming out onto the pitch...They were the more aggressive throughout

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
In all seriousness, Mascherano was forced to cover one of the worst back lines I have ever seen. There was only so much he could do; he's a great DM but he's not super human.

Barcafan 2304

Just tend to think with my Barca cap on. He was immense in the final half of last season and a key member of the side for us. Had a decent game last night up until the sending half and i think your point La Furia is right.

gingerless

yeah, his game was pretty decent up until that moment where he was forced to get off the pitch due to the rules of the game... this rendered him unable to actually put on a performance thereafter, but yeah... it was all good up until that point

seriously though how could he perform well when milito was chasing after suarez like a retard child chasing the ice cream man

gingerless

i saw him a couple of times being dragged out of defence chasing after suarez like a fucking moron... he was blinded by rage or some shit because he was being made fun of the whole match

Home of Barca Fans