14 - Javier Mascherano

Jesse1509

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
Why would we spend another 40 million on a backup player? I don't think Mascherano is better than Yayá, and Yayá should just play defensive midfielder, not central defender or so.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
Why would we spend another 40 million on a backup player? I don't think Mascherano is better than Yayá, and Yayá should just play defensive midfielder, not central defender or so.
That's what I, and a few others on here, think. We have Yaya and Busquets so I don't think it's a requirement.

Zincubus

Banned

Fair point - although there is the ANC to consider and possible injuries etc etc

That's what I, and a few others on here, think. We have Yaya and Busquets so I don't think it's a requirement.

Fair comment.

BarcaCelt

I like Busquets.

Btw, Just seen on TV that Mascherano is tired with life in England and wants to join Barcelona :D

Quash

Ricky Martin clone
I also think Busquets is good, but with Hleb joining Inter on loan after all (According to Moratti) we've lost some depth, which will be absolutely crucial next season with the vulgar amount of games we'll be playing. See my earlier post for the thing about how many more options he could give us too. We could then sometimes use Yaya or Thiago as CM partnering one of Xavi/Iniesta, with Badger at DM. Pep demanded a bigger squad and we've actually moved backwards in terms of midfielders, so it's a more serious issue than most of you think imo. Mascherano would be a tactical masterstroke of a signing.

Quality in depth was the improvement everyone wanted during last season, not just "enough players to make it work", because our B team was shown up quite a few times.

Fourteen

Monster Masch
I hope we have a couple of youngsters who Guardiola feels is capable of doing the job of filling in and making the step up like Busquets has done.

Zincubus

Banned
After watching Barca against Spurs last night I reckon we have many youngsters who are good enough to step up if need be.

ZenI

Professor Balthazar
Since we're loaning Hleb, we have to go after a new CM/DM. And the more I think about it, the better Masch would fit our needs. We got so much creativity now (even from Alves and Maxwell) that Masch could rotate/backup the DM and Busquets/Yaya could rotate/backup CM and Iniesta could backup/rotate left wing. Maxwell and Ibra has opened up many new options forn us and Masch would be a perfect signing.
It looks like we're not done signing yet though, we are going after a CM/DM and a CB. But no Modric's, no Hernanes's (when did we ever buy a player from Brazil and play him in our first team straight away? we usually buy proven players from Europen leagues or do the loan thingy')
Let's get one of Masch, Xabi Alonso, Cesc, De Rossi, Cambiasso, D'Agostino, Gourcuff, Benayoun, Assuncao (ATM), Elano, Inler, Wendel or Fernando (Bourdeux) in that order :D

Zincubus

Banned
Since we're loaning Hleb, we have to go after a new CM/DM. And the more I think about it, the better Masch would fit our needs. We got so much creativity now (even from Alves and Maxwell) that Masch could rotate/backup the DM and Busquets/Yaya could rotate/backup CM and Iniesta could backup/rotate left wing. Maxwell and Ibra has opened up many new options forn us and Masch would be a perfect signing.
It looks like we're not done signing yet though, we are going after a CM/DM and a CB. But no Modric's, no Hernanes's (when did we ever buy a player from Brazil and play him in our first team straight away? we usually buy proven players from Europen leagues or do the loan thingy')
Let's get one of Masch, Xabi Alonso, Cesc, De Rossi, Cambiasso, D'Agostino, Gourcuff, Benayoun, Assuncao (ATM), Elano, Inler, Wendel or Fernando (Bourdeux) in that order :D

Now Xabi Alonso would be an interesting option - amazing passer of long diagonal balls .

T

The Reds

Too much of the same. We already have Iniesta. Xabi Alonso would be a good deal because he can play as a DM as well as a CM.

Hopefully you won't get neither of them 'cause that would probably mean byebye league title for 'pool :sad:

Although Masch would be a class signing for every team, he is the best in the world at his position imo.

Home of Barca Fans