14 - Javier Mascherano

nebeer

Love is All
What are the chances of us signing Mascherano this season? Media say Barca have agreed a deal with him to pay him 5 mil a year and a 5 year contract!

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It`s a rumour and I also think there isn`t much hope of getting him for cheap. But there is obviously something to our link with Mascherano and Pep does want another midfielder.

B

beautifulgame

Honestly after seeing Jonathon in the preseason I don't think we really need another midfielder. Jonathon Dos Santos has been impressive on all accounts as far as I'm concerned. We have Salif, Sergi, and Jonathon as backups; we can even throw Guddy in there when we need to.

Plus if Xabi does indeed move for Madrid Masch will cost us much more than he's worth. I say we go to South America or a smaller team in Europe and get someone within a decent price range, considering how badly we got ripped off in the Zlatan deal.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
Plus if Xabi does indeed move for Madrid Masch will cost us much more than he's worth. I say we go to South America or a smaller team in Europe and get someone within a decent price range, considering how badly we got ripped off in the Zlatan deal.
The good thing about getting Masch before they get Xabi is that he will get more expensive for them/they won't sell him at all. If they get Xabi b4 we get Masch the effect can/will be reversed.

nebeer

Love is All
I think we could use another midfielder. May it be Mascherano or Fabregas. Though one player I would be absolutely delighted to watch in Blaugrana is Andrei Arshavin.

W

Wonderkid

I think we could use another midfielder. May it be Mascherano or Fabregas. Though one player I would be absolutely delighted to watch in Blaugrana is Andrei Arshavin.

How would they fit in the squad?

And yeah, Arshavin is exciting to watch. He proved his doubters wrong that he's not strong enough for Premier League..

BADGERBHOY

We had the chance to sign him last season and went for Hleb instead God knows why

Rafa Benitez will not sell him off. He is a huge key for the Liverpool squad, and will not be sold anytime soon unless an out of control bid comes to Liverpool.

A

asdf

Rafa Benitez will not sell him off. He is a huge key for the Liverpool squad, and will not be sold anytime soon unless an out of control bid comes to Liverpool.
If stories are true that Masch is not happy with life in Liverpool, then it would be difficult to keep the player for them.

If stories are true that Masch is not happy with life in Liverpool, then it would be difficult to keep the player for them.

From everything I've read, its Javier's wife who is unhappy living in Liverpool. I could be wrong, but that is what I'm reading, Javier could be unhappy there also.

Rafa will not sell him for cheap whenever a transfer request comes from Javier himself or a club interested in purchasing him from Liverpool.

Home of Barca Fans