14 - Javier Mascherano

A

asdf

From everything I've read, its Javier's wife who is unhappy living in Liverpool. I could be wrong, but that is what I'm reading, Javier could be unhappy there also.

Rafa will not sell him for cheap whenever a transfer request comes from Javier himself or a club interested in purchasing him from Liverpool.

True, he's in the same situation as Vidic. Family struggling to adapt to life in England. Rafa can persuade the player, but its difficult for the player to concentrate when the family is not adapting.

Moe

powered by;
There have been many reports suggesting that Barca will make a move to him in January... I doubt it. Maybe in the summer

I wish he comes.. He would fit in perfectly and he's a great, great tackler

[youtube]D1iu3dDkM3s[/youtube]

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match
man i just read liverpool will sell him for 36 mill.. that has got to be a joke 36 mill!??!?! we should get cesc for that

Metaphysical

Bomb Dropper
it seems it's gonna be yaya out, badger in.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

yaya has his foibles, particularly his lack of aggression (and his agent! ffffffff-) but he's a fucking warrior and rarely gets injured, and when he DOES he often plays through it.

but then, mascherano is a better DM, superb in fact. but he does seem to get injured a bit. and he's not as tall as yaya so aerially he'll get dominated. but he's a god damn tiger and you only have to watch liverpool games to see how important he is. he'll take a lot of the ball-winning burden off xaviesta, which frees them up to play more. plus his agent is way down the scale of twatitude compared to yaya's guy.

it's a tricky one, that's for sure.

but I trust pep.

Aasim

Bumbleman
We do need a crazy ball winner but not at the expense of Yaya. We should buy a similar player to Mascherano but cheaper and maybe who has something to prove.

@ Meta, Mascherano is also a player who gets a lot of cards and would probably get suspended most of the time.

19blaugrana10

The clubs have both (Liverpool and Barca) says, that they dont want to give up this player, or buy this player, this is a doug.

beef-supreme

it seems it's gonna be yaya out, badger in.

I'm not sure how I feel about that.

yaya has his foibles, particularly his lack of aggression (and his agent! ffffffff-) but he's a fucking warrior and rarely gets injured, and when he DOES he often plays through it.

but then, mascherano is a better DM, superb in fact. but he does seem to get injured a bit. and he's not as tall as yaya so aerially he'll get dominated. but he's a god damn tiger and you only have to watch liverpool games to see how important he is. he'll take a lot of the ball-winning burden off xaviesta, which frees them up to play more. plus his agent is way down the scale of twatitude compared to yaya's guy.

it's a tricky one, that's for sure.

but I trust pep.

I agree with you, the only thing we can do is trust pep.

Mascherano would be a red card machine in La Liga.

But you would have to add this to his list of weaknesses for sure.

Yaya is a player I have been very fond of, and if he leaves then it will be one of those cases when a pure class player leaves Barcelona, plays excellently for his new club, finishes off a great career, and while Barcelona remain successful, future Barca fans will question why the club sold him when he barely made a mistake in his Barca career and still had plenty to offer when he left. It would be a bit like, why did Rivaldo leave Barca? or why did Figo leave Barca? (without the politics).

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
I'd much rather have Yaya than Mascherano.

Masch advantages:
More aggressive
Reads the game better
Better positioning

Disadvantages:
Card machine
Total cock
Midget
No experience of La Liga/Barca system
Will be very expensive

Yaya advantages:
Physical strength
Faster (maybe not over 5 yards though)
Height
Knows La Liga/Barca system
Less injury prone
Doesn't pick up many cards
Better going forward

Yaya disadvantages:
Sometimes doesn't throw his weight around enough
Agent is annoying
Can't play with Keita

Sorry but I really fail to see the need to bring in Mascherano. It's an area which is totally covered already. That is certainly one area in which our squad is not thin, nor does it need improvement.

Juan03

i wouldnt give up Yaya for Macherano... Never Ever, when do u see a strong giant able to dribble and win back balls like Yaya?

zanela

@ Cal-FCB, u forgot to mention Yaya is skillful(better passer, dribbler, one touch play) AND Versatile(DM, CM, CB) which i think is a quality that was extremely vital for us in the treble season & 'll continue to be so in the future...U can't let go of so much quality to bring in a lesser player(although better in certain aspects) but can't offer as much as the Ivorian.

Cal-FCB

Wurzeltron
Well I put better going forward which encompasses those aspects. Masch is a very efficient passer and rarely gives the ball away, so I didn't feel there was too much difference there. Versatility is another plus, when we need an emergency centre back Yaya has shown he can fill that.

Home of Barca Fans