14 - Javier Mascherano

Maria

I have a madridista friend who say Mascherano is useless, he's so lucky to play for Barca. :lol:

According to many madridistas, VV, Dani, Mascherano, Busi, Pique, Alexis, Messi, Pep are all useless and lucky to play/coach for Barca..it's a miracle that we won so many trophies only with Iniesta, Xavi and Puyol as wC players.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
And to think I doubted him in the summer of 2010... I though he was a bit of a woodcutter with no finesse. How wrong can I be..
I used to like him, now I adore him. Absolute monster, he grew so much in the last 2 years its ridiculous. Hope he retires with us!
He is a good player but i don't i don't like him as a CB,he is too rash playing there, a red card waiting to happen and also goes out of position regularly playing as the CB.But he has done a good job no doubt about it.

LaMessiah

He is a good player but i don't i don't like him as a CB,he is too rash playing there, a red card waiting to happen and also goes out of position regularly playing as the CB.But he has done a good job no doubt about it.
i think he's been supreme at the cb. his reading of the game is pretty spot on and the way he times his tackles, for the most part, is clutch as hell. he comes out of nowhere all the time to break up plays. that's his position on this team, no doubt about it. he's proven he can't cut it as the dm in this system, which is no slight to him cuz there's not a ton of guys out there who can do it.

jamrock

whats all this talk about masch, not being an excellent CB, because of a few mistakes, he is for me one of the best CB in the world, over the past two years.

what the last couple of games showed us, is what anyone with a brain now, your CB needs to compliment each other to bring balance, and as great as puyol and masch is, they often times go for the small ball.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
i think he's been supreme at the cb. his reading of the game is pretty spot on and the way he times his tackles, for the most part, is clutch as hell. he comes out of nowhere all the time to break up plays. that's his position on this team, no doubt about it. he's proven he can't cut it as the dm in this system, which is no slight to him cuz there's not a ton of guys out there who can do it.
Reading the game he is awesome and break up plays that is what his specialty is but i question his positioning as the only CB in a 3 man defence he usually is out of position and that has cost us this season other than that he is a good player.

E

estranged

whats all this talk about masch, not being an excellent CB, because of a few mistakes, he is for me one of the best CB in the world, over the past two years.

see rondon's goal 20 minutes ago, world class CBs have those covered. i love the man but he still has a long way to become a world class CB, he needs to work on his positioning mainly, too many times he's in no mans land in critical situations.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
see rondon's goal 20 minutes ago, world class CBs have those covered. i love the man but he still has a long way to become a world class CB, he needs to work on his positioning mainly, too many times he's in no mans land in critical situations.
Yes that is the problem, his positioning was the reason Ramires scored against us as he pushed up, being the CB he always has to be on line with the other 2 defenders,keeping a flat back 4 or 3 is so vital against pacy players but looks like he has a problem there.

M

mitkoa7x

Yes that is the problem, his positioning was the reason Ramires scored against us as he pushed up, being the CB he always has to be on line with the other 2 defenders,keeping a flat back 4 or 3 is so vital against pacy players but looks like he has a problem there.

He also made a step in the wrong direction when the ball was crossed to Rondon, giving him enough space to head it in. But thats football, no one can keep 90 mins without making a mistake.

Puyol the wall

sent-up-the-bomb
He also made a step in the wrong direction when the ball was crossed to Rondon, giving him enough space to head it in. But thats football, no one can keep 90 mins without making a mistake.
The thing is Pique would not do the same mistake again and again.Defenders are paid because they are special in their own way.We need defenders defending not midfielders but he is a fantastic player no doubt about it and i think he has done what i don't think any midfielders would be able to do as a CB.But i still believe we need Puyol an Pique to start regularly.This is one of the part of our defense that needs to improve just think of Vidic what a huge difference will he make for us.

X

xaviniesta

dat goalline clearence :worthy:

these things go unnoticed unfortunately, when barca have messi and pep, but he deserve a lot of credit. what a beast.

F

Flavia

That clearance was great! And at the end you could see the tears in his eyes. How not love this man?

Home of Barca Fans