14 - Javier Mascherano

Aasim

Bumbleman
What are you talking about!? The mere reason Yaya-Xavi-Keita are not being played together is because there won't be much creative spark in that combination, hence the inclusion of Busi for Yaya there!! And you want to bring Masch for Busi there!? Do you want to retire Xavi next year itself or what!?

Well then why would we spend 35m on a bench player!?

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Well then why would we spend 35m on a bench player!?

LOL That's what our rants are about!! Yaya is the ideal player that we need to rotate with Busi for our DM spot...
The trio of Yaya,Xaviesta is the best MF combo. If Keita is to be played, when his trademark robust runs into the 'D' are needed againt buses, then Busi-Xavi-Keita with Iniesta drifting into the MF from wings is to be played... A Masch-Xavi-Keita combo would be disaster because just mark Xavi out of the game and you have won against the mighty Barca!! We are not only losing the height factor here, but also the fluid passing in our MF... Xavi always needs a player along with him in the MF area to execute his Tiki-Taka, don't think Masch could do that!! Also with a combo of Masch, Xaviesta we are again back to being just the midgets!!

Last edited:

Aasim

Bumbleman
Yeah but the thing is Yaya looks to be gone in the summer and Masch seems to be the one replaceing him. Playing Masch and Xaviesta together is like 3 Danny Devitos playing basketball. We need a bit of hight in there somewhere so Keita is the one.

I hope we don't get Masch, it would ruin the balance completly.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Yeah but the thing is Yaya looks to be gone in the summer and Masch seems to be the one replaceing him. Playing Masch and Xaviesta together is like 3 Danny Devitos playing basketball. We need a bit of hight in there somewhere so Keita is the one.

I hope we don't get Masch, it would ruin the balance completly.

True, every point!! That's why I'm starting the campaign for a NON-Midget BTB MF... Hernanes/Marchisio/De Rossi/Cattermole if Yaya is indeed gonna leave!!

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
True, every point!! That's why I'm starting the campaign for a NON-Midget BTB MF... Hernanes/Marchisio/De Rossi/Cattermole if Yaya is indeed gonna leave!!

:beer2::beer2::beer2:

I'm wary about the De Rossi love-fest around here...he's been in Totti's shadow too long, he's turned into a headless chicken and I think he would be a disaster in La Liga.

We need strength and height in the midfield. Masch, though a tough defender, is still a midget. I hate to wish this on everyone but he's much more of a Madrid kind of player, with their double pivot I could see him replacing Lady Gago. Masch as a lone-DM was tried by the crackhead for Argentina, and the results haven't been pretty.

zanela

We need strength and height in the midfield. Masch, though a tough defender, is still a midget. I hate to wish this on everyone but he's much more of a Madrid kind of player, with their double pivot I could see him replacing Lady Gago. Masch as a lone-DM was tried by the crackhead for Argentina, and the results haven't been pretty.

Agree.

Besides, if we buy a LWF and Cesc. Then we 'll 've Iniesta, Keita, Bus, Gascherano and Cesc fighting for 2 positions in Midfield (Xavi is indispensable so no one takes his place)
It's likely atleast 2 of them 'll end up really unhappy & we'll have the same prob all over again.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Agree.

Besides, if we buy a LWF and Cesc. Then we 'll 've Iniesta, Keita, Bus, Gascherano and Cesc fighting for 2 positions in Midfield (Xavi is indispensable so no one takes his place)
It's likely atleast 2 of them 'll end up really unhappy & we'll have the same prob all over again.

Keita is not gonna stay with us for very long dear... He's already 30 come Jan. So he might be sold at the end of his third year with us when he'll be 32 already! He's no Xavi to retain quality even at that age!!

zanela

Keita is not gonna stay with us for very long dear... He's already 30 come Jan. So he might be sold at the end of his third year with us when he'll be 32 already! He's no Xavi to retain quality even at that age!!

Pep is very much in love with Keita, so i think he ll stay for longer.

Even if he is out of the equation, we 'll still 've 4 of them fighting for 2 positions

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Pep is very much in love with Keita, so i think he ll stay for longer.

Even if he is out of the equation, we 'll still 've 4 of them fighting for 2 positions

Pep has been clear with his ideas about new signings... It's either gonna be LWF or a MF. That was during last summer though! But imo it'd remain the same even during next summer, it's either gonna be a Cesc or a LWF 'AND' a DM if Yaya leaves. So effectively only one addition to the squad

zanela

I don't want Iniesta to be moved to the wings if Cesc comes in.:( I'd rather we buy a LWF instead and allow Iniesta to play where he is more effective.

Home of Barca Fans