14 - Javier Mascherano

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
I've seen Oriol play around half a dozen times, he's nowhere near the required standard even to act as backup to Busi. He's ok in the 2ªB but he wouldn't handle the pace of the 1ª

zanela

If he isn't the required standard then why is he being called-up to the first team in jan?. Pep wouldn't do it if he isn't confident in the lad.
Let's say even if he isn't ready yet to be Busi's back-up, we still wouldn't need another highly rated first choice DM. With Bus playing more mins & featuring in more imp games this season, it's likely that he'll expect as much if not more the following season and with another first choice DM in our team, it 'll again lead to discontent and disharmony. Now consider the transfer fee + gascherano's wages (which i know 'll be more than Yaya's), and i don't see how it helps. Having 2 first choice DM at a big club 'll lead to the same prob we are facing now.(yes, i consider Bus a first choice already with the frequency hes been played by Pep and proving his case at the same time). In short, what we need is a solid back-up not yet another first choice DM. Bus would 've taken that extra-step for next season and having played in the World cup, he won't be too happy seeing someone else taking his mins.

We can make better use of our limited resources by investing in a quality LWF or to bring in more players(back-up striker, RB & DM)for strengthening our squad.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
A box-to-box is what we need... Yaya himself is a box-to-box MF who molded himself into a DM at Barca. Hernanes/Marchisio/De Rossi/Lee Cattermole... each of them can play all 3 MF positions in our line-up and hence better suited for Pep's rotation policy than a direct DM

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
Who says he's being called up to the first team in January? Even if he is we've had enough youngsters who have been called up only to fail to prove themselves. The most promising player we have coming through the ranks is Thiago Alcántara.

E

Esteve

JDS has impressed me. Hope he plays regularly for the first team one day.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
There was an article some time back in Sport, I suppose, that 2 players from Cantera might be brought into First team come Jan. JDS & the guy that you guys are discussing about... There was no mention of Thiago. Although, Thiago's father has warned that his son would not sign on renewal & would leave the club if he's not given a place in the first team this year. His contract is expiring in summer

zanela

Who says he's being called up to the first team in January?
It was on Sport, that he & JDS 'll fill-in for the Africans in jan. :icon_confused:

Even if he is we've had enough youngsters who have been called up only to fail to prove themselves. The most promising player we have coming through the ranks is Thiago Alcántara.

But, i've a good feeling about this lad. :shrug:

And, yeah i totally agree with Thiago. He is a superstar in the making :party00231:
I'm hoping he features in the CDR this season.

Cule Angles

Visca el filòsof!
It was on Sport, that he & JDS 'll fill-in for the Africans in jan. :icon_confused:

But, i've a good feeling about this lad. :shrug:

And, yeah i totally agree with Thiago. He is a superstar in the making :party00231:
I'm hoping he features in the CDR this season.

Given your snap judgements on players you've actually watched I'm not sure what to make of your opinion those you haven't even seen :rolleyes:

zanela

Given your snap judgements on players you've actually watched I'm not sure what to make of your opinion those you haven't even seen :rolleyes:

I know i haven't watched him but i still think he could come good for us atleast from what i've read about him so far. :shrug:

Do we get streams for Juv A games? I'd love to watch him and see for myself.

Aasim

Bumbleman
But Massch isn't bad thing. I think he would bring a lot of aggression and purpose to the midfield. As soon as we lose it, BANG! you get eaten by a badger.

I don't think we will play Masch and Xaviesta though. I think Pep will play Masch, Keita and Xavi with Iniesta on the left.

When Busi plays we can play Xaviesta but not with Masch. that's suicide imo.

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
I don't think we will play Masch and Xaviesta though. I think Pep will play Masch, Keita and Xavi with Iniesta on the left.

When Busi plays we can play Xaviesta but not with Masch. that's suicide imo.

What are you talking about!? The mere reason Yaya-Xavi-Keita are not being played together is because there won't be much creative spark in that combination, hence the inclusion of Busi for Yaya there!! And you want to bring Masch for Busi there!? Do you want to retire Xavi next year itself or what!?

Home of Barca Fans