14 - Javier Mascherano

Kerrybai

He's amazing at recovering when we are hit on the break, but the guy just isn't tall enough and it's a big weakness for us.

When are we going to learn that we need height ?

Alarcón

It was a mistake playing him, it's like every season, he plays well in some games and people think he's the best, then we play against the top teams and he is very badly exposed, hope Lucho saw that

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
It was a mistake playing him, it's like every season, he plays well in some games and people think he's the best, then we play against the top teams and he is very badly exposed, hope Lucho saw that

He was arguably our best defender, though... I don't know if that's good or bad...

Ghostmaster

Danger Ahead

Every defender played badly this match even Busi and Rakitic made horrible defensive mistakes

F

Flavia

It was a mistake playing him as CB. I think as DM he could had been useful today. Sport's suggestion of a double pivot was actually not bad. And with the form Iniesta is in, could had been a good thing. Barça's middle was overrun tonight.

Alarcón

It was a mistake playing him as CB. I think as DM he could had been useful today. Sport's suggestion of a double pivot was actually not bad. And with the form Iniesta is in, could had been a good thing. Barça's middle was overrun tonight.

Yes he couldn't have been worse than Busquets today, he's fast and very good at intercepting.

BarcaGirl

What the hell is Lucho's problem?? Why doesn't he give Masche a chance in midfield. Stop wasting this awesome man as fucking CB :angry:

barcanuck

He's an amazing player but he needs to be in midfield where he can intercept even further up the pitch. Big teams will always target him for 1 or 2 goals a game on set pieces.

Irish_Cules

I can't believe he is still playing at centre back. Has Lucho learned nothing from watching Barca over the last couple years? He'll give you a run of good games but he will ALWAYS be exposed eventually.

Zangash

Banned
The facts that we've got Masche starting at CB when our midfield is getting overrun and Bartra and Pique are both on the bench when we have a CDM as a CB are fucking hilarious and will be the reasons we ultimately go trophiless this season if it doesn't change.

SeloBarca

Said it again, hes a "ballwatcher". He can have 10 attackers running around behind him, but hes only watching the ball.
He can do some running and sliding tackles, but his marking is not good at all.
Hes a great DM, but not a CB.

F

Flavia

Said it again, hes a "ballwatcher". He can have 10 attackers running around behind him, but hes only watching the ball.
He can do some running and sliding tackles, but his marking is not good at all.
Hes a great DM, but not a CB.

I agree, but it's not his fault. The coach insists in playing him there. He can be good as CB in some games, but against a team full of tall good headers, it was bound to be the same old stuff. Masch as DM, Pique as CB, and maybe the result would be different.

Home of Barca Fans