14 - Javier Mascherano

JamDav1982

Without messi we would not have won any of those trophies.

Oh this nonsense argument that Messi wins everything on his own again.

If it's all on the boots of Messi and CBs dont make a difference then why do you care who plays there?

Of course defences makes a difference. On Sunday vs Atletico the Messi goal doesn't give three points if defence do t keep clean sheet.

Messi can only be the difference if given platform to perform by other player. Unreal that people still don't grasp that.

Truthist

Since you know what Lucho thinks, please tell me what is his opinion about my new haircut.

I also want to know what he thinks about Messi tattoos.

Oh, and if he already noticed the beautiful ass from Antonella.

Thanks.

Lucho thinks you have never watched a football game in your life.

Thanks.

Stric

Saying we wouldn't have won any trophies without Messi is not the same as saying we would have won without any one other player.

We wouldn't have won this Liga without Messi. But we also probably wouldn't have won it without Pique, Bravo, Neymar etc.

Truthist

Oh this nonsense argument that Messi wins everything on his own again.

If it's all on the boots of Messi and CBs dont make a difference then why do you care who plays there?

Of course defences makes a difference. On Sunday vs Atletico the Messi goal doesn't give three points if defence do t keep clean sheet.

Messi can only be the difference if given platform to perform by other player. Unreal that people still don't grasp that.

Good Lord I am responding to the numpty who made it out that Mascherano won us everything. I was simply showing him that i can play that gane too. Some context please before you respond.

JamDav1982

Good Lord I am responding to the numpty who made it out that Mascherano won us everything. I was simply showing him that i can play that gane too. Some context please before you respond.

Would imagine your arrogance is putting you on way to a ban.... Wrong person to call a 'numpty'.

Regardless he never made out Masch won trophies on his own but rather pointed out he was part of a winning team and an important part.

Try and understand what people are even saying to you before dismissing people.

Pep called Masch his best signing, the supporters have voted him Barcas best player last season. He has arguably been second only to Messi as Barca's most consistent player in last five years.

Kohe321

One doesn't exclude the other. We wouldn't have won the league without Messi, but neither would we without a defense and a keeper that has kept this many clean sheets and only conceded 19 goals. We wouldn't have won the league without Mathieus 0-1 header over Celta and his first goal over Madrid either. It's a team effort, but overall Messi is obviously one of the most crucial and decisive pieces, he is the greatest of all time after all. Still, it's a team effort. The Chicago Bulls wouldn't have won their titles without Jordan, but neither would they without the contributions of every other player either.

They are all a piece of the puzzle, and this just goes to show that you don't need a team of "galacticos" to win. What you need is a team - a complete unit of people who work together to become something greater than the sum of its parts. As [MENTION=6099]JamDav1982[/MENTION] says, Masch has been one of the most important pieces of the puzzle that is Barca for years now. He always gives it his all and never complains, being consistently excellent, and that's the reason we all love him so much.

Last edited:

Jombi

Yes, the underestimated aspect of Masche is that he has made the retirement of Puyol easier, by being our unofficial leader of the team. The general on the pitch. Ever team needs those players to reach the top. In that sense, he is invaluable.

Truthist

Would imagine your arrogance is putting you on way to a ban.... Wrong person to call a 'numpty'.

Regardless he never made out Masch won trophies on his own but rather pointed out he was part of a winning team and an important part.

Try and understand what people are even saying to you before dismissing people.

Pep called Masch his best signing, the supporters have voted him Barcas best player last season. He has arguably been second only to Messi as Barca's most consistent player in last five years.

I don't care about a ban, I'm not a regular poster here anyway, just a Barca fan with my own opinions. However, if you're going to threaten me with a ban please be fair and issue the same threat to the poster instigating it with his sarcastic comments.

I'm a big fan of Mascherano, I'd rather him than Busquets in all fairness. I just don't believe he cuts the mustard at centre half.

The lack of height worries me and the way Lewandowski literally bullied him and also in the past by Ronaldo and Benzema re-enforces my opinion that he's not quite good enough there.

Truthist

Yes, the underestimated aspect of Masche is that he has made the retirement of Puyol easier, by being our unofficial leader of the team. The general on the pitch. Ever team needs those players to reach the top. In that sense, he is invaluable.

I agree he is a very good leader who wears his heart on his sleeve.

JamDav1982

I don't care about a ban, I'm not a regular poster here anyway, just a Barca fan with my own opinions. However, if you're going to threaten me with a ban please be fair and issue the same threat to the poster instigating it with his sarcastic comments.

I'm a big fan of Mascherano, I'd rather him than Busquets in all fairness. I just don't believe he cuts the mustard at centre half.

The lack of height worries me and the way Lewandowski literally bullied him and also in the past by Ronaldo and Benzema re-enforces my opinion that he's not quite good enough there.

Haha I dont have the capacity to ban anyone.

When did Lewandowski bully him in air?

All the other things Masch brings makes up for a slight weakness in the air, not that is even as big as you make out.

Luckliy for us Lucho, Pep etc have not agreed with your thoughts and Masche has been an important part of a legendary Barcelona side at CB.

He is nowhere near as effective as Busi in DM either but thats a different argument.

Truthist

Haha I dont have the capacity to ban anyone.

When did Lewandowski bully him in air?

All the other things Masch brings makes up for a slight weakness in the air, not that is even as big as you make out.

Luckliy for us Lucho, Pep etc have not agreed with your thoughts and Masche has been an important part of a legendary Barcelona side at CB.

He is nowhere near as effective as Busi in DM either but thats a different argument.

Every high ball Lewandowski won in the second leg. It was a complete mismatch and I believe if teams ever dominate Barca this high ball tactic would be very rewarding.

Luckily for us, very few sides dominate us so we can get away with it but then we could stick Adriano back in there and we'd get away with that too.

It's interesting you mention Lucho,I'm pretty sure before the season he said Mascherano would only play in midfield. I wonder why he said that? Why did he bring Mathieu on and move Mascherano to midfield against Bayern?

As for Pep, for all his greatness he does come up with some absurd ideas. Bayern fans still can't fathom why he plays Lahm in midfield.

Der Kaiser

That lack of height thing... ugh. Thiago Silva is often considered to be one of the best CBs in the world, he´s 183cm. That´s 9cm more than Mascherano. Get a ruler, look how short 9cm is and then say again his height is a real issue.
Yeah he´s not tall, but Cannavaro wasn´t tall either, and he won a Ballon D´Or, didnt he? Puyol was 178cm, that´s 4cm more than Masche, and he was one of the best CBs of all time. Height isnt everything for a defender.

JamDav1982

Every high ball Lewandowski won in the second leg. It was a complete mismatch and I believe if teams ever dominate Barca this high ball tactic would be very rewarding.

Luckily for us, very few sides dominate us so we can get away with it but then we could stick Adriano back in there and we'd get away with that too.

It's interesting you mention Lucho,I'm pretty sure before the season he said Mascherano would only play in midfield. I wonder why he said that? Why did he bring Mathieu on and move Mascherano to midfield against Bayern?

As for Pep, for all his greatness he does come up with some absurd ideas. Bayern fans still can't fathom why he plays Lahm in midfield.

What chances came from high balls to Lewandowski?

In first leg Masch dominated him in air anyway.

You are so fixated on the idea of Masch being short for a CB you fail to see all the things he brings to team which out weighs that weakness. Not that it is a massive weakness anyway.

xXKonan

Cannavaro was 5'9 and was Nick named The Berlin wall for his incredible performance for italy in the 2006 WC and easily considered one of the Best CBs of all time. I mean height does play a role in some ways but it isn't dire as what the Truthist is trying to make it sound like.

JamDav1982

I have just watched the Lewandowski highlights vs Barca.....did not see him win one header or aerial dual vs Masch....they barely had any.

Checking stats web sites like Who Scored says Lewandowski wan one 'aerial dual' in the game.

Not quite the domination in the air it was made out to be. Bayern barely played one ball to him at head/chest height when Masch on him.

Home of Barca Fans