14 - Javier Mascherano

Gnegneri

immaculately conceived
I wouldn't classify him as a back-up player like Bojan or Adriano are at the moment. He is something different. I also think Mascherano is a player we definitely need on the pitch in both clasicos.

Fontàstic

I wouldn't classify him as a back-up player like Bojan or Adriano are at the moment. He is something different. I also think Mascherano is a player we definitely need on the pitch in both clasicos.

Well, alright - maybe not a back-up player, but then a rotation player. ;)

fcbarcatenerife

If you put Masch on for El Clásico, who do you take off? Not Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta. Pedro? I hope you are not suggesting that we play with a doble pivote, because that is insane.

barca96

If you put Masch on for El Clásico, who do you take off? Not Busquets, Xavi or Iniesta. Pedro? I hope you are not suggesting that we play with a doble pivote, because that is insane.

Iniesta on the wing.
Busi-sMasch-Xavi.

If Xavi can't make it, Iniesta back to the middle of the park but Maxwell will play LW.
Madrid are super fast. An additional defender would be great

Tomchin

Disappointed that Masch didn't get any playing-minutes yesterday. In such a physical game, we certainly could have used a pitbull like Mascherano on the pitch imho. Would have been better to start Masch at DM (with Xavi and Busquets in front of him, and no Keita), but oh well, it is what it is.

90% of our opponents don't play like that, so it's normal that Busquets get more playing-time than Mascherano (atm). But in games likes the one yesterday; where the opposition attacks us right from the start, or counterattacks well (and doesn't sit back all the time, like most of us opponents do): Who's the better fit at DM: Mascherano or Busquets? Against Chelsea at SF 2 years ago, against Inter at San Siro last year, and yesterday in Kopenhagen (to a lesser extent), our midfield got overrun, and we weren't able to play our usual game. In all of those games Busquets started at DM.

I wouldn't be surprised if RM will employ a similar game-plan in the upcoming Clasico, so who do you suggest in such games: Busquets or Mascherano?

AURELIUS

Disappointed that Masch didn't get any playing-minutes yesterday. In such a physical game, we certainly could have used a pitbull like Mascherano on the pitch imho. Would have been better to start Masch at DM (with Xavi and Busquets in front of him, and no Keita), but oh well, it is what it is.

90% of our opponents don't play like that, so it's normal that Busquets get more playing-time than Mascherano (atm). But in games likes the one yesterday; where the opposition attacks us right from the start, or counterattacks well (and doesn't sit back all the time, like most of us opponents do): Who's the better fit at DM: Mascherano or Busquets? Against Chelsea at SF 2 years ago, against Inter at San Siro last year, and yesterday in Kopenhagen (to a lesser extent), our midfield got overrun, and we weren't able to play our usual game. In all of those games Busquets started at DM.

I wouldn't be surprised if RM will employ a similar game-plan in the upcoming Clasico, so who do you suggest in such games: Busquets or Mascherano?

A double pivot and employ Mourinho's own tactics against him. Alves will need to really pull out the stops to free Messi more as once again their plan will be to turn him into midfield and plant Khedira on him.

Then one of the pivot can cover for Alves if required.

Pedro can be useful if we're behind but IMO Mascherano should be a definite starter alongside Biscuits for the game.

We won't get anything out of pedro if we loose the midfield battle; & if we want to play our game we need to have an answer to their counter attacks.

barcetia

Mikrofonkåt
puyol-piqué-milito-abidal
masch busi
xavi iniesta
messi villa pedro

for the win? messi to play false 9 the whole season and then back to RW!

Home of Barca Fans