16 - Fermín López

jamrock

I wonder if being at the Olympics works for or against him though.

He is getting great exposure and it's perfect on a personal level, but would it be more to his advantage to be at pre-season and get those Pablo Torre minutes directly under Flick?
Him coming in with the Olympics hype is better IMO, flick will then keep a sharp eye on him, plus we all know Torres won't be here by end of summer.

ajnotkeith

This window I doubt there'll be any good offers but I think we should listen to offers next few windows if he has a good season off the bench. He seems like he's at a point where if he keeps scoring he will quickly gain huge hype and generate a lot of interest.

He's a good player, however I think so far all of his strengths are showing and none of his weaknesses. As a squad option he seems ideal but it is possible we could be getting big offers for him soon.

ajnotkeith

Would take 30-40m in a heartbeat. He’s good, but not good enough to be a starter. The money would go a long way right now.
Equally he can also be good as a spark plug off the bench, I am sure he will score some important goals in that role.

Agree though would sell for 40m.

Porque

Would take 30-40m in a heartbeat. He’s good, but not good enough to be a starter. The money would go a long way right now.

Yeah. But we don't know his ceiling. I was watching Dani Olmo at Zagreb and it was good but nothing spectacular.

Kind of player Madrid sell for 20-30m with a buyback 10-15m on top of that though.

Think Morata and Hakimi.

If we're overbooked and Fermin is set to be our 3rd or 4th option, then it makes sense to cash in somewhere he will play and bring him in later.

But we're Barca, we dont do that. And when we do we fuck it up. Like placing Nico's buyback too high, or placing Chadi without a buyback at all after year 1.

Although in hindsight I think Alemany had checked out and was just doing whatever it takes to bring deals over the line and get FFP in check for that summer.

jamrock

Fermin+10m to RBL for Olmo> mandatory buyback of 50m within 3 seasons, sell Olmo in 3 years to the arabs, use money to buy back fermin.

Net cost to us 0-15m euros.

Would fermin & RBL go for it? Of course what choice do they have...

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Don't think any team will offer 30-40m for Fermin Lopez right now. We'll need him for the 20 games Olmo will miss anyway. Maybe next summer depending on how Olmo/Pedri/Fermin do upcoming season.

FinBarcelonafan

Don't think any team will offer 30-40m for Fermin Lopez right now. We'll need him for the 20 games Olmo will miss anyway. Maybe next summer depending on how Olmo/Pedri/Fermin do upcoming season.
Pedri will miss time and Olmo(history). Gavi is who knows at what level. We need Fermin.

Frenkies injury seems chronic or long lasting. Not sure when he is back.

Gundo is getting there in age, he shouldn't play as much as last season.

A lot of question marks actually.

Home of Barca Fans