16 - Fermín López

BJJ

We've seen alot of overhyped players oi for alot more.
There's talk of Alvarez going to AM for 70 million 🤣
He's a good player but 70 mil???Pffttt....

Fermins value should be at least 40 to 50 million based on age, form, marketing ,pedigree etc.

Andresito

Staff member
Keep him. Haven't read any rumours that other clubs are interested.

He offers something different and if likes of Pedri and Gavi struggle to find their best roles and be consistent with fitness, Fermin might as well be the one playing most of the minutes.

And if he wins Olympics he'll be coming in with the confidence of winning two trophies in one summer. He'll be flying.

Loki

Keep him. Haven't read any rumours that other clubs are interested.
That's because Barca would demand a sum no one is willing to risk for now, because you can't really estimate how much Fermin will still improve. He isn't 16 anymore, but he still has room. I think Barca would let him go for 60-80m, but no one will bid that obviously. The club was willing to part ways with him to a polish club for 600.000€ if xavi hadn't intervened. It would have been another disaster decision by our board.
He doesn't have Pedri's ball technique, nor Gavi's spirit. But he has something they both don't have and it's a very strong finish.
Given Flicks physical demands and our injury prone players, he should get his minutes this season without problems. But Olmo is completely unnecessary.

BJJ

That's because Barca would demand a sum no one is willing to risk for now, because you can't really estimate how much Fermin will still improve. He isn't 16 anymore, but he still has room. I think Barca would let him go for 60-80m, but no one will bid that obviously. The club was willing to part ways with him to a polish club for 600.000€ if xavi hadn't intervened. It would have been another disaster decision by our board.
He doesn't have Pedri's ball technique, nor Gavi's spirit. But he has something they both don't have and it's a very strong finish.
Given Flicks physical demands and our injury prone players, he should get his minutes this season without problems. But Olmo is completely unnecessary.

I like Fermin too but 75 million would be too tempting. Only issue is board would go and spend 70 million on Olmo. Yes, they are that stupid.
On a tangent, who do you think will be our pivots once everyone is back?
I am sure he will utilise Cassado and Bernal during the season but will De Jong and Gavi be the first choices?

Porque

I like Fermin too but 75 million would be too tempting. Only issue is board would go and spend 70 million on Olmo. Yes, they are that stupid.
I am sure he will utilise Cassado and Bernal during the season but will De Jong and Gavi be the first choices?

To be fair that scenario would be a good move. Olmo does alot of things better than Fermin.

But Fermin could be great under Flick. Even more so if Flick sees Pedri and Gavi for the double pivot positions and not offensively.

Masetro10

I seriously think Casado if he does well the first couple of weeks can make one of those spots his own. The other goes to FDJ.

Gavi needs to be implemented slowly.

Masetro10

To be fair that scenario would be a good move. Olmo does alot of things better than Fermin.

But Fermin could be great under Flick. Even more so if Flick sees Pedri and Gavi for the double pivot positions and not offensively.
Pedri should be lucky to even be counted on anymore.

JamDav1982

Difference between Barca and Real is that Barca try too hard to appeal to socios with 'Barca DNA' and probably have likes of Fermin on list of players wouldnt sell or if did want far too much to justify it.

Real would sell him in a heart beat if could improve other areas of team.

That is not a slight on him as had a great year but just how two clubs approach it.

Real sell Di Maria after he is held up as one of their best players in CL win.. they sell Ronaldo for 100m after CL wins etc..They sell Ozil when he is seen as one of top attacking players around. They chase out Raul and Casillas when think team needs it.... Barca are nowhere near as ruthless.

ajnotkeith

^ Exactly. The board have far too much of a connection to players who are seen as Barca DNA or La Masia players that it blinds them to the correct business decision.

Even if Fermin is a good player which he clearly is it doesn't mean selling him can't be right. The club needs to understand that sometimes teams also sell their good and young players rather than always trying to shift deadwood, if they think they can use the funds better elsewhere.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Would rather take the risk of maybe selling him for less than 20m in a couple of years than selling him now for even 50m.
This guy if he keeps delivering like this, and has the same consistent growth, will easily be better than Olmo at his age. Can even see him in similar stature as Bellingham.

Gnidrologist

He's also the top 3 goal threat in this team. Absolutely ridiculous to think of selling him, when finishing chances has been one of the problems recently. And he can score out of nothing basically, not a tap-in merchant like old pollack.

Home of Barca Fans