16 - Fermín López

BJJ

This is a HUGE problem we have.
Where does Fermin play in a 4231 set up?
Will a big club come and pay big bucks for him?
Should we sell Pedri or Gundo?
Will Fermin be a starter or bench player?
This season is going to be real interesting because competition for starter spots is going to be intense.
Personally unless a 75 million offer comes in I'm not selling Fermin. We need a goal scoring midfielder and he fits the bill. He always arrives in the box at the right time and has an x factor.
I'm sure he will suit Flicks style of football.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

The dream is dropping Lewa and playing Olmo as a false 9.

Nico____ Olmo. ____Lamine.
_________Fermin

You lack a natural out and out goalscorer, but could see all of these 4 getting double figures next season anyway.

Would be a nightmare trying to contain that attacking line up. You manage to shut down 2 or 3 and the other one will get you. Almost a super lite MSN in that sense.

But most of all, those 4 would be absolutely beautiful to watch. Can't imagine many boring games any more, which has become the norm in the past few years.

Kul_z

This season is going to be real interesting because competition for starter spots is going to be intense.
Personally unless a 75 million offer comes in I'm not selling Fermin. We need a goal scoring midfielder and he fits the bill. He always arrives in the box at the right time and has an x factor.
Plenty of games, plenty of minutes. I dont see a problem if they understand that for the sake of the team no one can feel safe about first 11. Thing is dynamic of the team changes instantly whoever you put in that spot. That might be our strongest asset this season

Masetro10

Have we had a single year without massive injury crisis? It will be a good thing

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Not a problem yet. Fermin knows he's a sub/bench player as of this season.
By next year Gundo will likely leave, Lewa will most likely feature less.
Next year onwards, Fermiin should be getting more minutes. And we will know what is the situation with Pedri is, if he remains injury-prone.
Plus I think we will play a false 9-type setup without a CF. So something like this:-

Nico ------ Olmo /Pau/ Fermin-------- Yamal
------- Pedri/Fermin--------
-------- FDJ ------ Pivot --------------

This setup perfectly suits Fermin.

Andresito

Staff member
The injured mids need to focus on returning first. For now there is a spot for Fermin in the XI.

Besides, I think he'll feature in most if not all games this season as one of the 5 subs. He is a goal threat and offers work rate, both of which are good injections no matter the scoreline.

Alik

I don't think Fermin has expectations to be a starter this season anyway. Will be good for him if we keep using him as a sub as well.

ajnotkeith

Our situation with him is really good as if we keep using him off the bench he likely won't play long enough for any of his flaws to become very clear, and equally, he will grab goals off the bench that will raise his reputation further. His hype will probably stay high constantly.

If he scores like 10-15 goals this season, it could culminate in selling him for 40-50m.

Porque

Enough games for him to start alot of em. Plus tactical change makes a full position available that he excels at.

He was a Xavi boy and kudos for Xavi to reading the forum and seeing that @Bobo32 and I realized Fermins greatness, but under Xavi setup there wasn't (isn't?) a position that suits him fully.

Would Xavi go full 4231. I have my doubts.

Home of Barca Fans