19 - Lamine Yamal

companyofcules

I said this before, but as a winger, you don't want him getting much taller. He's about six foot now and just about to turn 17. You don't want him to grow too much more. His size seems to work for him; if he gets any bigger he might end up too tall for a winger.

I am not saying he will end up this tall, but can we think of many 6 foot 3 or 4 wingers?
But he wasn't a winger all the time

iniestaGOAT

I said this before, but as a winger, you don't want him getting much taller. He's about six foot now and just about to turn 17. You don't want him to grow too much more. His size seems to work for him; if he gets any bigger he might end up too tall for a winger.

I am not saying he will end up this tall, but can we think of many 6 foot 3 or 4 wingers?

Are you fucking insane? He is not going to be 6'4. He is not growing anymore.

This is it.

He will be as tall as Ronaldinho and CR

Maradona37

Are you fucking insane? He is not going to be 6'4. He is not growing anymore.

This is it.

He will be as tall as Ronaldinho and CR
First of all, there's no need for the animosity in your first sentence.

As for him 'growing to 6 foot 4', I never said he was. Just saying he's 16 and probably still growing. I was talking from an extremist position.

How do you know he isn't gonna grow anymore? Tell me how you - a stranger to Lamine Yamal, no access to Barcelona or Spain, and presumably not an expert on growth - knows he has stopped growing. You'll probably be proved right but how are you so confident?

Seems baseless considering the boy is only 17 (almost).

Edit - you seem to be implying he will grow another inch or two, he's 5 foot 11 now isn't he (CR is 6 foot 1 I believe)? That's more likely. It's still tall for a wide attacker generally.

Last edited:

Maradona37

Anyway, it's all irrelevant. As long as he doesn't get any higher than 6 foot 1, his balance and coordination and dribbling will very likely be unaffected.

The post earlier about shorter people being better dribblers is very true of course. But there are exceptions, and Lamine is one.

Maradona37

Lower center of gravity and shorter stride/legs is a huge physical advantage for dribbling

Maradona 5' 5"
Messi 5' 7"
Ney 5' 9"
Garrincha, Best, prime Aguero, Iniesta, David Silva, Mitoma isn't that tall - there's lots of examples.

They have shorter legs and shorter strides, and tend to take closer touches and have greater acceleration - taller people have quicker top speed generally but don't usually have the balance and agility to twist and turn and alter direction as well as shorter guys and girls. Taller people tend to be more powerful, explosive runners eg C Ronaldo. R9 was tall and a mixture of the two - fast and explosive but also took great touches and had great balance and direction changes.

Masetro10

We should retire the #10, too much pressure.
No. You keep the 10 going so more and more legendary players get the number. Which has happened for 125 yrs. This whole pressure thing means nothing. You don't think Yamal has pressure being 16 starting for Spain in Euro Semi Finals and soon the actual Finals? If anything you give him the 10 because he earned it.

Home of Barca Fans