19 - Lamine Yamal

Porque

On Redcafe they're playing down Lamine while acting like Mainoo is already a superstar :lol:

Now, I think Mainoo is a talent, but his positioning is suspect and he often lets people run off him. Yamal is two years younger and - assuming he is not overplayed - could be the best player in the world.

It shows how bitter and jealous they are to rave over Mainoo and downplay Yamal. No disrespect to Mainoo, but Yamal is miles more gifted than him.

Mainoo = BMG

Black mans Gavi.

Maradona37

Yes but he lost his way a bit with the fake hardman act and should have been kept focused on the football.

He was a better player at his breakthrough than a few years later which is a bit of a worry. Xavi special though.
Yeah I would agree. He is unusual for a Barca Spanish midfielder in that he seems more interested in getting stuck in and arguing (as you say) than actual technical stuff.

Still he's a gifted lad and so young himself at 20.

Mainoo is a talented boy, I just found it funny that some posters are downplaying Yamal and looking for excuses to do so, while simultaneously getting carried away by Man United prospect Manioo. Bias as always. They hate Barca on there.

Porque

Yeah I would agree. He is unusual for a Barca Spanish midfielder in that he seems more interested in getting stuck in and arguing (as you say) than actual technical stuff.

Still he's a gifted lad and so young himself at 20.

Mainoo is a talented boy, I just found it funny that some posters are downplaying Yamal and looking for excuses to do so, while simultaneously getting carried away by Man United prospect Manioo. Bias as always. They hate Barca on there.

Lost his game abit having to impose himself in pro ball imo. Then he started getting lauded for his hardman act and it went from there. But above you can see his natural game.

As for Mainoo, RedCafe is Bizzaro land in the best of times. Mainoo and Lamine are totally different types of players and talents. Better to compare Lamine to Garnacion or Diallo, and Mainoo with Gavi or Pedri.

Maradona37

Lost his game abit having to impose himself in pro ball imo. Then he started getting lauded for his hardman act and it went from there. But above you can see his natural game.

As for Mainoo, RedCafe is Bizzaro land in the best of times. Mainoo and Lamine are totally different types of players and talents. Better to compare Lamine to Garnacion or Diallo, and Mainoo with Gavi or Pedri.
Yeah you can really see Gavi's talent.

Yes, Redcafe is a bizarre and strange site, and they never learn about overrating Man United players. To be fair to them, though, they weren't directly comparing the two players (as you say they're very different). I just seen some of the same names downplaying Yamal in his thread and salivating over Mainoo in his,

jamrock

Gavi never loses he only adds, the season we won the title due to injuries to pedri and no left winger, he was force to play as a L.A.M.

Last season before the injury he dropped back to his original position and was shitting on everyone, including Bellingham, but that's pretty easy to do TBH.

Definitely a better player now, than when he first came through, he shouldn't lose the "fake" hard man, that's apart of what makes him special, how much technically gifted Midfielders does La masia produce, we'll probably have one that's better than pedri in 2-3 years, but not another gavi.

Yamal is pretty fast, dinho wasn't Henry fast, but was a better dribbler, Nico is faster than Yamal, who would you fear more running at you with the ball?.

Maradona37

Gavi never loses he only adds, the season we won the title due to injuries to pedri and no left winger, he was force to play as a L.A.M.

Last season before the injury he dropped back to his original position and was shitting on everyone, including Bellingham, but that's pretty easy to do TBH.

Definitely a better player now, than when he first came through, he shouldn't lose the "fake" hard man, that's apart of what makes him special, how much technically gifted Midfielders does La masia produce, we'll probably have one that's better than pedri in 2-3 years, but not another gavi.

Yamal is pretty fast, dinho wasn't Henry fast, but was a better dribbler, Nico is faster than Yamal, who would you fear more running at you with the ball?.
Good post. Love the dig at Bellend too.

vegitot

Tbf many games Gavi only tried to play it rough. No passing, no control. Hope after injury, he will improve.

Givenchy

Yeah you can really see Gavi's talent.

Yes, Redcafe is a bizarre and strange site, and they never learn about overrating Man United players. To be fair to them, though, they weren't directly comparing the two players (as you say they're very different). I just seen some of the same names downplaying Yamal in his thread and salivating over Mainoo in his,
Went from "Yamal's ceiling is Pedro/Alexis Sanchez let's not get carried away, Garnacho is better" - Yamal scores a worldie with the most assists- "Barca will ruin him meep meep meep meep Barca bad Barca bad meep meep Barca will ruin this kid like Ansupedrigavibojandemirtodibo levers levers meep meep"

Mainoo is an incredible talent though, can't blame them too much for getting carried away but I dislike how they shit on the likes of Rice or any midfielder next to him if England play poorly.

Horatio

You're welcome
Mbappe asked for his shirt. What he told press.

He also said he hopes to celebrate birthday in madrid with friends.

I don’t like how that sounds.

Maradona37

Went from "Yamal's ceiling is Pedro/Alexis Sanchez let's not get carried away, Garnacho is better" - Yamal scores a worldie with the most assists- "Barca will ruin him meep meep meep meep Barca bad Barca bad meep meep Barca will ruin this kid like Ansupedrigavibojandemirtodibo levers levers meep meep"

Mainoo is an incredible talent though, can't blame them too much for getting carried away but I dislike how they shit on the likes of Rice or any midfielder next to him if England play poorly.
Yeah they are clowns. So biased and bitter and they hate when other clubs get praised and they don't.

I am not a Garnacho fan tbh, just a head down and run merchant.

Tbf I am not much of a fan of Rice myself, but with them it's their bias - if Rice played for them he'd be better than Rijkaard according to them.

As for Mainoo, I rate him, he's good, but I wouldn't call him an 'incredible' talent. He still has plenty to work on, his positioning and tracking of runners, for example. I am not convinced he will be the player they're expecting him to be, but we will see. This will be one of the biggest tests of his career so far.

Givenchy

Yeah they are clowns. So biased and bitter and they hate when other clubs get praised and they don't.

I am not a Garnacho fan tbh, just a head down and run merchant.

Tbf I am not much of a fan of Rice myself, but with them it's their bias - if Rice played for them he'd be better than Rijkaard according to them.

As for Mainoo, I rate him, he's good, but I wouldn't call him an 'incredible' talent. He still has plenty to work on, his positioning and tracking of runners, for example. I am not convinced he will be the player they're expecting him to be, but we will see. This will be one of the biggest tests of his career so far.
You're right about Garnacho. The maturity and football IQ difference between him and Yamal is night and day and Lamine is 3 years younger.

Also don't think Mainoo's position is figured out yet, 6 or 8? Still very young himself but what impresses me is his fearlessness and attitude. He was brilliant in that FA cup final and the big occasions don't faze him, his one weakness currently is stamina and positioning without the ball. Playing midfield is one of the most difficult positions so I cut him some slack. As much as I despise United, Mainoo is the real deal and I love his attitude, seems like a humble kid.

Home of Barca Fans