19 - Lamine Yamal

Gazzznigga

You can tell that a lot of RM fans suffer from massive overcompensation...a bunch of non-Madrid/Spain based fans who foam about "dynasties, history, european legacy" as the first sentence they say
But....thats what the record says...isn't it?
Barca celebrate trebles with home grown players being the stars of the show.
LOL.....when last was this?

FIFA/UEFA don't use the origin of players in their rankings....its an irrelevant record, only good for bragging at the bars.

Maradona37

Romance and entertainment is a big part of football though mate. It's an art, not just a science.

Barca win less, but they tend to be more dominant when they do win, and playing better football. Also no RM team in history is as good as Pep's Barca team (s).

I am just saying it's not just about counting up trophies. Sometimes how they are won matter more. That's why (as I say) people romanticise Holland and Hungary who lost the 74 and 54 World Cup Finals respectively. More so than the West German teams who defeated them.

I am not looking to argue with you, just offering you this line of argument.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Not going to say he is even in contention of a great player. The kid needs to at least perform for 4 years.

Fingers crossed. He is a good player now, and can easily walk into most of the top teams, bar top 5. Needs to stay humble, work hard, and not get injured. Thats all.
If he achieves that, there is no stopping. But I won't say he is great yet.

Gazzznigga

Romance and entertainment is a big part of football though mate. It's an art, not just a science.

Barca win less, but they tend to be more dominant when they do win, and playing better football. Also no RM team in history is as good as Pep's Barca team (s).

I am just saying it's not just about counting up trophies. Sometimes how they are won matter more. That's why (as I say) people romanticise Holland and Hungary who lost the 74 and 54 World Cup Finals respectively. More so than the West German teams who defeated them.

I am not looking to argue with you, just offering you this line of argument.

.....40 years from now, kids yet unborn are going to read about winners and the dominance....writers of history will be kinder to the victors...there is no place in history for the romantic "vanquisheds"

Maradona37

.....40 years from now, kids yet unborn are going to read about winners and the dominance....writers of history will be kinder to the victors...there is no place in history for the romantic "vanquisheds"
To me that is a very sad way of looking at it.

And Holland 74 are still thought of highly now, there will be plenty of footage too of great to watch teams of this era. So I doubt everyone has that very cold outlook that you appear to have.

Givenchy

Go support Madrid and glory hunt then with their Galactico mercenaries. Why should we give a shit who kids yet unborn will support in 40 years? :lol: I want to enjoy the now.

Yamal is the star of the next generation, deal with it. Is he a Messi level talent? No, nobody likely ever will be but his Euro campaign at 16 is remarkable.

serghei

:ROFLMAO:...
When I read the comments and and the hype on this forum, i sincerely fear for Yamal, really. You guys are setting him up for a huge fall-off and I hope there is someone close to him to bring him back to earth whenever he wants to "Walk" in his own hype.

Personally, I have not seen anything to warrant this volume of hype, or rather, I have not seen anything in his game to require the comparison to Messi/Maradona/King and some nonsense I read here. His age apart, he has not shown anything in his game that has not been seen anywhere else before for a rookie at that age range( Sahin, Aaron Lennon, Draxler, etc.). Maybe he improves as he ages(i sincerely wish) but I see the expectations overshadow his talent/ skillset soon, to the disappointment to many here.

Not big enough factor to fail though. It just adds more pressure, but the gems always make it, because the assets he has at Barcelona surpass this hype thing multiple times over.

And Ansu didn't make it, before he gets mentioned as an example, not because of his injury or the hype, but because he didn't have the it factor. In the end it's always about that.

The only big issue is financial though. So much hype ends up costing the club money.

serghei

At the moment, yes. Yamal going at a fast rate though, if he keeps it up it's a matter of time until he passes him and others too.

Home of Barca Fans