19 - Lamine Yamal

Horatio

You're welcome
When the teammates don't pass the ball to someone, there is usually a reason.

They know him from the training grounds:
1. and they either think that he sucks as a player currently
2. or that he'll do some risky move like a dribble and cross and likely lose the ball so they are passing to someone who is less likely to lose the ball or ruin the action
3. or they don't like him as a person, due to his personality, hype or xxx

I remember a similar episode from a few years ago when young Halilovic played for us in a few preseason friendlies and the teammates were mostly ignoring him.
People also wondered why.
I am not saying that he will end up as Halilovic.
But there are probably some deeper reasons why the teammates are ignoring him for now (which is a huge contrast to how a fanbase sees him and his current abilities).

*4. They prefer another player cause they rate him highly.
*5 They prefer to pass to another player that has a weaker opponent(weaker side of opposing team)

JamDav1982

Barely got the ball out wide.
When the teammates don't pass the ball to someone, there is usually a reason.

They know him from the training grounds:
1. and they either think that he sucks as a player currently
2. or that he'll do some risky move like a dribble and cross and likely lose the ball so they are passing to someone who is less likely to lose the ball or ruin the action
3. or they don't like him as a person, due to his personality, hype or xxx

I remember a similar episode from a few years ago when young Halilovic played for us in a few preseason friendlies and the teammates were mostly ignoring him.
People also wondered why.
I am not saying that he will end up as Halilovic.
But there are probably some deeper reasons why the teammates are ignoring him for now (which is a huge contrast to how a fanbase sees him and his current abilities).

Utter nonsense.

He gets ball plenty and no one is avoiding him.

Stop making shit up and bringing up players you think back that up and have no relevance.

He was not being 'ignored'at all or for any reason.

Last edited:

JohnN

They were not ignoring him, they were cautious because he is 16 years old and we were leaking goals at the back with every turn over. He has already shown he doesn't always attempt to dribble or make an aggressive pass every touch he gets.
My guess is that he was working more like a decoy to occupy defenders so the heat is off Rafinha, and it worked. Rafinha always had space.

Don Juan Laporta Estruch

Brilliant cameo. Surely should start the next game, but Raph deserves another start as well. Actually like Raph more central where can get shots off in more dangerous areas.

With Frenk out, we lack creativity in the midfield 3. Would be an ideal time to move Raph in as a RCM and play Lamine at RW.

JohnN

He was vital to our attacks and of course the second goal.
his decision making for his age is amazing. keep it up and stay injury free please!

JohnN

yeah, it's dangerous for defenders to apply high press before he receives that ball. a dangerous player on the wing, unlike Rafa and Ferran

Horatio

You're welcome
Like his maturity. So was is penalty or what? As finbarcelona said in chat on second instance closeup showed defender did step on his foot.

Home of Barca Fans