20 - Dani Olmo

vuji_31

Olmo has a contract until 2024, they paid in January 2020 22mil euro for him. He will not be cheap. There is too much noise around him, and there is no denying from any party.

75mil is nonsense.
We lack CB, ST, backup LB, RW and CM. And Laporta is buying CAM.

I would rather like that Laporta bought Camavinga for 30mil, even 40.
Real Madrid is doing good job.

Last edited:

Birdy

Olmo is a wonderful player, but never a winger.
CAM or CM at best, reminiscent of Iniesta as someone above wrote
I would welcome him here at a reasonable price, given that we need more starting material of that profile, we have only Pedri atm

But Olmo is not the profile this team is severely lacking
I would rather like that Laporta bought Camavinga for 30mil, even 40.
Real Madrid is doing good job.

Yes,
basically this team cries for a physical box to box player that can carry the ball progressively and forward.

People will realize after a while that RM fucked us up with Camavinga. They did not only sign a great player, but one that Barca md was badly needing.
It's like losing a Classico, it's not only 3pts but like a 6 pointer as you deprive your direct rival from the points

mc_lovin

He has massive potential IMO, but we aren't in a position to go for expensive potential

I don't think he has massive potential, you get what you see with him. He's a very good player, but I wouldn't expect him to make any jumps. He would have been a great transfer if we had a functioning team and wanted depth, but we have serious holes in our starting 11 (DM, CB, striker). If we somehow address these I would be fine thinking about him.

SmilerBam

I don't think he has massive potential, you get what you see with him. He's a very good player, but I wouldn't expect him to make any jumps. He would have been a great transfer if we had a functioning team and wanted depth, but we have serious holes in our starting 11 (DM, CB, striker). If we somehow address these I would be fine thinking about him.

We have Luuk De GOAT now, no worries. :koeman:

Bobo32

He is perfect as a "winger", he both has the willingness and ability to shoot or make the final pass, and the style and understanding not to try it each and every time. He is a shoe in at LW right now

Birdy

He is perfect as a "winger", he both has the willingness and ability to shoot or make the final pass, and the style and understanding not to try it each and every time. He is a shoe in at LW right now

Winger is not the person who cuts inside and makes a final pass.
That's a covet AM or CAM that just nominally appears to play LW.

That's a terrible idea for Barca, as this team lacks width on both flanks since the days of Pedro and Villa

Bobo32

Winger is not the person who cuts inside and makes a final pass.
That's a covet AM or CAM that just nominally appears to play LW.

That's a terrible idea for Barca, as this team lacks width on both flanks since the days of Pedro and Villa

Please try to understand why I put winger in brackets
Villa was a forward who started from the left in Barcelona, you could just as well call him and Pedro attackers in a 4-4-2 diamond when Messi played false 9.
In the NT they played Iniesta and Silva as "wingers" under del Bosque, these are less "lethal" than Olmo

Birdy

Please try to understand why I put winger in brackets
Villa was a forward who started from the left in Barcelona, you could just as well call him and Pedro attackers in a 4-4-2 diamond when Messi played false 9.
In the NT they played Iniesta and Silva as "wingers" under del Bosque, these are less "lethal" than Olmo

That's precisely what I am objecting to.
We don't need 'wingers' in quotation marks (like Olmo, Silva or Iniesta under Del Bosque), but we need wingers (like Dembele) or wide-forwards (like Ansu or Pedro/Villa back in the day)

Bobo32

That's precisely what I am objecting to.
We don't need 'wingers' in quotation marks (like Olmo, Silva or Iniesta under Del Bosque), but we need wingers (like Dembele) or wide-forwards (like Ansu or Pedro/Villa back in the day)

Barcelona clearly does not need Dembele, and no they do not need a classic winger as they do not have anyone to convert the crosses, nor the style to let someone dribble and cross their possession of the ball away.

Birdy

Barcelona clearly does not need Dembele, and no they do not need a classic winger as they do not have anyone to convert the crosses, nor the style to let someone dribble and cross their possession of the ball away.

Man you are still living in 2011. Look at your calendar for a bit.
Do you need some names of wingers?
Coman is a winger.
Sane is a winger
Gnabry is a winger.
Do you think that any of the above top notch wingers out there would NOT fit barca because there is the danger of losing possession with their crosses? lol

And one more time, thank God Laporta is not thinking like you, and has realized that Dembele is one of the few in the squad that decides games on his own, and that's why he is renewing his contract

Bobo32

Man you are still living in 2011. Look at your calendar for a bit.
Do you need some names of wingers?
Coman is a winger.
Sane is a winger
Gnabry is a winger.
Do you think that any of the above top notch wingers out there would NOT fit barca because there is the danger of losing possession with their crosses? lol

And one more time, thank God Laporta is not thinking like you, and has realized that Dembele is one of the few in the squad that decides games on his own, and that's why he is renewing his contract

lol yes I do not want any of these "top notch wingers", they are all fucking terrible. Dembele is even worse than them, and it's soon to be five years where he has shown it in Barcelona.
Olmo is the much better option to play from the left for Barcelona.

Birdy

lol yes I do not want any of these "top notch wingers", they are all fucking terrible. Dembele is even worse than them, and it's soon to be five years where he has shown it in Barcelona.
Olmo is the much better option to play from the left for Barcelona.

:lol: speechless...
This is a gem, I should make this post my signature maybe.

PS: I don't wanna be mean to you.
But you should really stop watching only the Barca 08-12 tapes, and start watching some football played by other clubs as well.
It will do you good and broaden your horizons

Home of Barca Fans