20 - Dani Olmo

jamrock

Not really a matter of not being appealing to young players, we have been out bidden by other clubs for most young players we have gone in for, we can't have that argument two ways.

Last summer we literally spent 3.5m on players, can anyone name a better free player than gundogan last summer? Probably only 3-5 players that moved in the summer that was better period.

Only time we spend money on a old player, was lewa.

Williams we'll see what happens, if he wants to stay at Bilboa one more season, nothing wrong with that, haaland did it, Mbappe, Bellingham, so many young players choose to stay at their club 1 extra season.

The argument of weather we need player with the profile of Olmo is a different and valid one, let's keep it focused on that

JamDav1982

Barca gave 27m a season in salaries to players in their mid 30s last summer.

The cost on books of Lewa, Gundo and Inigo in these last two seasons is well over 100m.

It is too much for what get back with nothing but them leaving for free at end.

Having that on books for players in their mid 30s and missing out on likes of Nico and still having same areas needing covered is not great.

jamrock

I think with the 6/8 situation, this is just guess work, but that's all we all can do, because no one really knows, it's flick wants kimmich and the club will wait until next season to make that move.

I've said this before so won't re write all of it, but with the players we have and with flicks double pivot, it will hide the weaknesses of some players in that position and we should be fine there.

RB, is largely a none issue, though I'd take a frimpong if he becomes available.

So the biggest issue is LW, which is why the club is trying to hard for Williams, the question of want are the plan B and C winger I can understand, but like cruyff said, plan B, is double down on plan A.

Porque

We're getting outbid on youngsters like Mokio, Bergvall, Guiu (let's ignore Guler as different arrival time) citing the wage offers were triple or whatever, but when you see how much we loaded the books for the guys Jammy mentioned, you see where the problem lies.

That and the continued deferrals.

Last point. Seems Chelsea are paying Guiu a fuck load so not the best example of the three, but would he have stayed if we put him in the Cubarsi, Fort range?

JamDav1982

We're getting outbid on youngsters like Mokio, Bergvall, Guiu (let's ignore Guler as different arrival time) citing the wage offers were triple or whatever, but when you see how much we loaded the books for the guys Jammy mentioned, you see where the problem lies.

Last point. Seems Chelsea are paying Guiu a fuck load so not the best example of the three, but would he have stayed if we put him in the Cubarsi, Fort range?

Guiu it seems was offered similar to those players but dreamt of EPL.

He was possibly 4th choice for Barca and be playing B team football.

Dont think club can get slammed too much for that one other than maybe his clause but that comes with the lower salary most likely.

Yet to speak to my sources at Chelsea on that one.

jamrock

The older guys are gonna offer us more than the few young players we missed out on

we have players in the la masia that are just as good or better, I think that's more the clubs thinking, why pay bergvall X million, when we have Guille and so one

We have no one in our team that's better than gundogan.

Marc is just a little bitch,.that wanted to secure the bag as early as possible, he's making more than cubarsi right now, so I doubt that would have made him stay TBH.

JamDav1982

Those younger players would cost a fraction on the books of those x3 players in mid 30s at well over 100m in these two seasons.

The point is not that club would have them in place of those older players anyway but could put that 100m to better use for long term of club with a LW, DM and a RB etc.

On the young players.. the point is getting outbid when put more importance of these older players getting big contracts.

I doubt club are really trying to sign players they think already have better than in La Masia.

jamrock

Truthfully the only young players we missed out on that's worth talking about is messinho and the Argentine kid that signed for city, those two are truly special, and nothing we could have done to sign messinho, the financial requirements are out of our range when compared to Chelsea, even if we didn't sign 3 players over 30 ( how dare the club).

The other kid we should have been able to sign, not gonna lie, he wasn't all that expensive, but I'd take gundogan over him last summer, another one like him will pop up again.

All the others we have players is masia that have similar projection.

RB has been solved, the club clearly has the capacity to solve the LW problem, if Williams says yes, we clear as day will sign and register him.

Only debate worth having is, the DM position and way it seems we've wasted 30m on the player than should have been Lewa's long term replacement.

JamDav1982

The structure Chelsea have for Messinho is very similar to what Barca are paying for Roque.

If the club try to sign Bergvall for example it is because they see him as a young player that can grow in value in the future.. at Barca or elsewhere.

If he as they expect performs well and then Guille comes along and is the better bet.. then they sell Bergvall for profit and promote the better home grown player.

The fact they tried shows they did not reject him due to La Masia players. They in ideal world have both.

LW is not covered. There has been no pace/dribbling signed up top in 250m if Olmo arrives.

Right back.. Kounde is not it and not the type to compliment either Raphinha or Yamal. Probably why they want Cancelo and linked to Frimpong etc.

Kounde may well have stayed at RCB though had Araujo not got injured.

DM has just been completely neglected and has been arguably the most important position.. yet 250m on attacking players later and still nothing currently.

jamrock

Clearly the club saw value in Bergvall, if they wouldn't have went for him, but when the numbers get to a certain point, the cost benefit didn't make sense for them when we have similar players in masia.

RB is solved, pretty much every big club on the planet plays with a Kounde type at FB now, I prefer him at CB but my opinion is irrelevant, the facts are the facts, that's the tactical setup of the day, move on and accept it.

Never sign LW is solved, said clearly we have the ability to solve it and have identified the player we think is the right player, only thing is missing is a yes.

JamDav1982

Clearly the club saw value in Bergvall, if they wouldn't have went for him, but when the numbers get to a certain point, the cost benefit didn't make sense for them when we have similar players in masia.

RB is solved, pretty much every big club on the planet plays with a Kounde type at FB now, I prefer him at CB but my opinion is irrelevant, the facts are the facts, that's the tactical setup of the day, move on and accept it.

Never sign LW is solved, said clearly we have the ability to solve it and have identified the player we think is the right player, only thing is missing is a yes.

Dont agree on likes of Bergvall or that La Masia has any real influence on it as they wouldnt go for him if thought thayt was the case but I also think the club trot out the 'player wanted too much money' any time they are recjected..at every level.

Kounde not for me. He is poor 1v1 and certainly last season Xavi every time Barca came up against a wide player who could dribble with pace tried to cover him from it. He is barely even average on ball going forward also.

Better placed at CB.

Why are Barca wanting Cancelo and linked to Frimpong etc? I think they planned to sell Araujo and move Kounde inside from some of things have beard.

I agree trying to sign Nico is progress and if could pull it off is huge.. the worrying part there is if they dont sign him they dont look for similar profile. It seems they think Nico is the best option which is correct but not set on getting 'similar' type player in.

Masetro10

Signing him because he can play multiple positions.

So can Ferran...

This club never learns.
Olmo has to come. First he is much better than Ferran and has X Factor as you may have noticed in the Euros.

Second, Gundogan is leaving sooner than later. 2 yrs or likely less. Who will play the advance role? Pedri? Unreliable though most likely better than Olmo yes.
Is Gavi playing there? Unknown plus I doubt it.
Is Fermin going there? Over Olmo? No.
Will Guille rise to the top and make it his spot. Unknown.

Basically in a 2 yr span or less we will be hard pressed to do better than Olmo in a 4231 playing 10.

Not to mention he will fit in quickly with a small amount of assimilation. We have to plan for the future in advance because clubs will take full advantage in the market if they know we absolutely need somebody. We can't be lucky with low release clauses for realistic good players.

jamrock

They Declined our last offer, that's it leave it alone, let's not do a barto.

Keep the money and make moves next summer

Home of Barca Fans