20 - Dani Olmo

Messi983

Save the money and go for Wirtz next year if we really want to play with a 10.

But Bumsi will probably be gone by then anyway, lol.

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
Save the money and go for Wirtz next year if we really want to play with a 10.

But Bumsi will probably be gone by then anyway, lol.
Why are you blaming this on Flick? I am sure this is Fatporta's idea, flavour of the month signing.
Flick seems to be content with what we have. His only requirement seems to be a CDM.

khaled_a_d

We got 60m for one signing this summer (unless big sales).

Anyone got better options as a Nico alt?

Zubimendi if he ever accepts to leave, but that is unlikely. He will also be fairly underwhelming for expectations but he will add balance.

Ugarte fits the CDM need, but he is Romeu level on the ball, would add some muscle and athletic ability for midfield. Fabian Ruiz is rumoured to be in the market, perfect fit for the double pivot tbh and can see him and Frenkie doing well together.

Could also go for direct Nico replacement and go for Désiré Doué, he fits LW well. This can piss PSG off, they will triger Lamine 400M release clause, solve our financial problems and can sign 4 other players after that.

Ideally I would spend 60M on 3 or 4 players to add solid depth to the team, but I stick to your "only one" criteria

Masetro10

Given our finances, he's 100% a luxury signing and I know you and I both agree we have other areas that require attention first. 60mil is currently a ton of money for us, so whether or not it's a fair price for Olmo is irrelevant to me. Would he be a better fit as an attacking CM than Pedri, De Jong, Gundogan, Gavi, Fermin etc....sure he could be, but we have decent players to fill that role already. LW, DM and lastly an efficient attacking FB are all crucial to balancing the team in comparison.

If we really have 55+ to spend on Olmo (due to Nico declining the transfer or requesting ridiculous wages), spending that money on Merino or Frimpong (would likely cost around 65-70 for both) would strengthen the team so much more. The new rumors of Cancelo for 25mil is also worrisome, he's 30 already and can't defend for shit. His attacking output hasn't warranted the liability in defense, it would be a clear favor for Mendes. I rather sign no one than sign Olmo/Cancelo and save the money for next summer; just play the kids.
As if Frimpong plays defense

Messi983

Why are you blaming this on Flick? I am sure this is Fatporta's idea, flavour of the month signing.
Flick seems to be content with what we have. His only requirement seems to be a CDM.

Not blaming Flick for the Olmo signing just saying he'll probably be gone by this time next year.

Masetro10

Pedri = Unreliable/low output
Torre= Prospect/too weak
Gundogan= Older good player/0 defense
Fermin= Not proven starter
Gavi= Not a true 10/ACL
Guille= Prospect
Raphinha= Not a 10

Olmo= Injury Prone

draconifire

NTC with a Positive attitude
I don't know. I am actually hopeful for him.
We are not going to spend much money on the squad this season seems like it. I think he will do much better than Xavi, at least in temperament and intensity.
I Belive he stays till 2026.

Co0ter

As if Frimpong plays defense
He's not as bad defensively as Cancelo, but the difference is he's super effective offensively on the in and out, and his link up is also great. You can't have a defensive liability who doesn't provide enough offensively to compensate. The lack in quality attacking fullbacks that can contribute enough offensively is the reason why we are seeing coaches prefer defensive fullbacks. Some may be preference of course, but scarcity is also a factor.

Yes, Alonso has been mostly playing him as a wide RM with 4 defenders behind, but he has played at RWB before and can still excel at doing so.

Masetro10

He's not as bad defensively as Cancelo, but the difference is he's super effective offensively on the in and out, and his link up is also great. You can't have a defensive liability who doesn't provide enough offensively to compensate. The lack in quality attacking fullbacks that can contribute enough offensively is the reason why we are seeing coaches prefer defensive fullbacks. Some may be preference of course, but scarcity is also a factor.

Yes, Alonso has been mostly playing him as a wide RM with 4 defenders behind, but he has played at RWB before and can still excel at doing so.
I mean I hope we don't get Cancelo don't need any of these types anymore. Imagine Vini/Mbappe vs Frimpong or Cancelo. That's how we need to think. Forget attack only wide backs. If we can't build a team to stop RM we aren't winning a thing. Kounde needs to not complain and be our RB for here on out.

El Ilusionista

So Leipzig want €60M for him? Hope we won’t get him but we will. Would we have bought Olmo if he wasn’t Catalan and Masia? Nope.

Home of Barca Fans