20 - Dani Olmo

FinBarcelonafan

Olmo would be a flop like Coutinho doesn't track. He plays with half the Barca team with Spain and also knows the Barca way. He might be a Cesc Fabregas type flop but guess what Cesc was pretty damn great at Barca he just wasn't Xavi/Iniesta
Coutinho was actually a star player.

We shouldn't even compare Olmo and Coutinho. I think Coutinho lost his motivation on some level after signing with Barca. "He made it". After the first six months with Barca he was never the same.

FinBarcelonafan

Nah, man. I was here when we bought Coutinho and Griezman. A lot of people were skeptical. And the ones who were ok with it were because of these players were flexible who could adjust and them being world-class, but not because of they solved our issues in the team.
Dembele I can give you that. He would have been a perfect player for us if he just stayed fit and developed himself.

People were excited for Coutinho and Dembele. Griezmann was totally unnecessary signing and everyone knew that.

Coutinho was one of the best coming from PL and Dembele top two prospect in the world. It makes sense.

Griezmann was good but we had no position for him or need. It was madness signing.

Griezmann is a bit like Olmo signing now. What is he? He has played many positions but master of none of elite per say.

Olmo probably works the best as a impact sub, for couple games before his injuries show up again. He was able to show his best level at Euro. That was optimal way to play him, but I seriously doubt he can perform full season at that level.

He is a tournament player who can raise level for few games if needed. Not a full season player. That's my view of him. Look at his performances with Leipzig. He's been vanilla for years, just OK. Last season was a bit better than others. This tournament was the jackpot, the peak of his career most likely.

We are buying based on one tournament and few games. Usually a bad buy.

Although I have to say, that his playing style would probably fit fairly well Barca. Not that Leipzig isn't offensive side. We saw that he works well with Barca players. Thats a positive for sure.

Last edited:

Loki

Laporta needs his hype signing each summer, nothing we can do about it sadly.....

Well let's try to see the positive things. Flick can rotate much in OM, so our injury prone players can get enough rest.

TheStig

Is Olmo really bringing any hype?

2 months and Fermin will play CAM while Olmo and Pedri watch in hospital.

jamrock

Deco, laporta and flick, doing Xavi one last favor with this signing.

We all know he's a Xavi signing after all, so if it doesn't work out we all know who to blame.

Gaspart

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Wonder if we’ll end up paying 10-15m extra to pay it over four years as we want.

Home of Barca Fans